Earthquake/tsunami In Samui?

stevehaigh

Nothing happened in Samui. I didn't feel the earthquake and people i talked to also felt nothing.

Most people do like nothing has happened, and this was not in some far away place???

I remembered the same lack of interest and action when the storm muifa was on its way to Samui. Nobody was worried. That could have been a lot worse too. In the thread in the news forum it has been said why there was no warning. I think it would have made no difference because most people think it will not happen to them.

It is time we had some more respect for the power of nature. And be much more alert and take action when there are warnings, even if they are false warnings. It is better to be safe than sorry.

I myself was in Ranong for my visarun to Myanmar. One day later and i was probably in the middle of this tsunami. A scary thought.

Nothing happened in Samui. I didn't feel the earthquake and people i talked to also felt nothing.

Most people do like nothing has happened, and this was not in some far away place???

I remembered the same lack of interest and action when the storm muifa was on its way to Samui. Nobody was worried. That could have been a lot worse too. In the thread in the news forum it has been said why there was no warning. I think it would have made no difference because most people think it will not happen to them.

It is time we had some more respect for the power of nature. And be much more alert and take action when there are warnings, even if they are false warnings. It is better to be safe than sorry.

I myself was in Ranong for my visarun to Myanmar. One day later and i was probably in the middle of this tsunami. A scary thought.

Well said mate.

I am just so on edge as I am going to be in Samui in two days time for a month (my first time) . I am still definitely going to go, just can't help feeling on edge.