Multi Non Imm O from Pnom Penh

27 December 2008, I came back from Phnom Penh with my new NON-IMM O Multiple entry visa for 1 year (4 x 90 days) for US$ 175.00 (they only accept US$) :D

This was the second time I applied with success for a NON-IMM O in Phnom Penh and I can only say that the staff at the Thai embassy is very friendly and helpful. Multiple tourist visas are no problem too, besides if you need you can pick it up the same day. I know this since a couple before me applied for a double entry TV, they asked if it was possible to collect it the same day and this was granted.

For my application I had a copy of my marriage certificate, my wife's ID card, a copy of her blue book pages, birth certificates of our 2 children (I am not the natural father but it helps), rental contract, and a certificate of residence from my embassy (dated May 2003). No bank book or proof of income.

With this and some sweet talking the lady told me she had to consult the consular and within no time it was arranged :o

On the day I applied at 9:30 am, I had only 2 people in front of me, next day I picked up my visa at 3:30 pm and at that time I was there even alone.

Compared with the prices of Jack Golf and Bri and Joy, you save a lot of money IMHO for this simple trip.

My total costs were:

Bus BKK to Aran (first class) THB 207.00, tuk tuk to the border THB 80.00, TV Cambodia US$ 20.00 plus THB 100.00 because I didn't pay in Thai Baht, bus to Phnom Penh US$ 8.00, guesthouse in PP 2 nights at US$ 7.00 = US$ 14.00, motor bike to and from Thai embassy (2 times) US$ 3.00, NON-IMM O multiple 1 year US$ 175.00, bus PP to Bangkok with Sorya Transport Company US$ 15.00.

I can recommend Sorya. They leave at 7 am and pick you up from your hotel, have several stops in Cambodia and have a comfortable bus. The road is good, the only bad part at this moment is inside Poi Pet, hereafter, the road is good. At the border you are transferred to a Thai bus company, same type like Jack Golf is using. In BKK they take the toll way and finally arrive around 8 pm at Kaosan Road. In Thailand the bus doesn't stop, but you have time to eat in Poi Pet.

So the total trip will cost you THB 8,612.00 (exchange rate 1 US$ = THB 35.00).

This compared with a single entry TV with Jack Golf for THB 6,600.00 is a much better deal, and certainly compared with the price of THB 12,500.00 of Bri and Joy. I guess you will agree with me :D

post-3691-1230957162_thumb.jpg

I have scanned my visa as proof for you.

Maestro, I hope you liked him.

BTW a NON-IMM O single entry cost in Phnom Penh US$ 65.00. With a NON-IMM O multiple entry you can ask up to 4 entries (4 x 90 days). Talking sweet and being polite will help you to get what you like. The prices for TV's are known already.

Concerning the TV at the Cambodian border I advise everybody to fill in their own form, don't accept any help for this simple form. When completed give it to the officer together with the US$ 20.00. They will start complaining and tell you that in Poi Pet only Thai Baht are accepted in accordance to a new government law.

This is just to rip you off. If they see you have Thai Baht they will ask between THB 1,000.00 and THB 1,500.00 for a TV. So don't give up and only show US$. Tell them that you have already changed all your money into US$ and that nobody has heard about this new 'law'. Hereafter, they will ask you for THB 500.00 administration costs. Keep smiling, start searching and come up with a 100.00 Baht note after a while, which you forget to change :o . This they will accept, thinking better something than nothing :D

Wish everybody a nice time in PP, your stay will be much cheaper than in Thailand for sure.

With a NON-IMM O multiple entry you can ask up to 4 entries (4 x 90 days).

Not exactly.

With a Non O multiple visa you can enter as many times as you wish until the visa expires. As most people like to avoid unnecessary visa runs, that normally means 5 entries (the last one shortly before the visa expires) giving a total of almost 15 months in Thailand.

Sophon

27 December 2008, I came back from Phnom Penh with my new NON-IMM O Multiple entry visa for 1 year (4 x 90 days) for US$ 175.00 (they only accept US$) :o

My total costs were:

Bus BKK to Aran (first class) THB 207.00, tuk tuk to the border THB 80.00, TV Cambodia US$ 20.00 plus THB 100.00 because I didn't pay in Thai Baht, bus to Phnom Penh US$ 8.00, guesthouse in PP 2 nights at US$ 7.00 = US$ 14.00, motor bike to and from Thai embassy (2 times) US$ 3.00, NON-IMM O multiple 1 year US$ 175.00, bus PP to Bangkok with Sorya Transport Company US$ 15.00.

I can recommend Sorya. They leave at 7 am and pick you up from your hotel, have several stops in Cambodia and have a comfortable bus. The road is good, the only bad part at this moment is inside Poi Pet, hereafter, the road is good. At the border you are transferred to a Thai bus company, same type like Jack Golf is using. In BKK they take the toll way and finally arrive around 8 pm at Kaosan Road. In Thailand the bus doesn't stop, but you have time to eat in Poi Pet.

So the total trip will cost you THB 8,612.00 (exchange rate 1 US$ = THB 35.00).

Henri

Please, which route did the bus take from Phnom Penh back to Sisophon? Via Battambang or via Siem Reap?

Phnom Penh Sorya Transport

Phnom Penh Office and Station (Departure/arrival):

Opposite the southwest corner of Phsar Thmey, at the corner of Charles de Gaulle and Street 67

Tel: +(855) (0)23-210359

Sihanoukville Office:

Ekareach Street, Downtown

xxxxx

More bus info here: http://www.canbypublications.com/cambodia/buses.htm

Mac

With a NON-IMM O multiple entry you can ask up to 4 entries (4 x 90 days).

Not exactly.

With a Non O multiple visa you can enter as many times as you wish until the visa expires. As most people like to avoid unnecessary visa runs, that normally means 5 entries (the last one shortly before the visa expires) giving a total of almost 15 months in Thailand.

Sophon

Sophon, I agree with you. But standard they will give you a single entry NON-IMM O with a validity of 90 days, as on the application form there is no check-box for a multiple entry NON-IMM O. However, you can enter the number of entries that you like to apply for.

So when you ask for 4 "entries", you get a 1 year multiple on which you can stay 15 months in Thailand, and like you say, you can leave and enter as many times as you wish, but at least every 3 months.

Hope I cleared things up with this explanation.

Henri.

27 December 2008, I came back from Phnom Penh with my new NON-IMM O Multiple entry visa for 1 year.......

Henri

Please, which route did the bus take from Phnom Penh back to Sisophon? Via Battambang or via Siem Reap?......

Mac

Mac

The bus goes from Phnom Penh via Battambang to Poi Pet. The whole road from Phnom Penh to Poi Pet is asphalted and at the moment they are asphalting the last part of the road in Poi Pet. At the border you will be transferred to a Thai buscompany and have some time to eat and drink something. The bus will stop directly after the Thai customs, so no long walk over the market in the sun.

The telephone numbers and website from Sorya I know, but they also have a branch in BKK where you can buy tickets BKK to Phnom Penh. Sorya gave me the telephone number of this branche but unfortunately I lost it and you can't find it on their website :o

Hopefully someone else has their number and/or address in BKK, since the service and busses are really good, and the whole journey takes less than 14 hours.

Hope this information was helpful.

Henri.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

This news of being able to get a multiple entry non imm o visa from PP is wonderful!

I am British, 52 years old and not married.

Would I still be able to get one of these visas and if so what paperwork would I need to prepare for my application?

I am at present coming to the end of my retirement visa but cannot extend as I dont have the 800k in the bank.

Many thanks..........

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

thanks for the answers and special thanks to Henri for the Phnom Penh hint.

I will ask our immi here in Phuket for a solution asap. My problem is that I do not have the 400k in the Bank and no (official) income atm.

I got enough money in Euro but with the exchange rate at the moment I really dont want to change 400k. We are running a restaurant in Phuket

for what we pay tax as well. Income is over 60k a month for what we pay tax as well. I heard before that I can apply for a year Visa if I live on my wifes

pocket? As you all know, I have nothing, all is owned by my wife, ....her land, her house, her restaurant, her cars etc.pp. :o

I am living since 10years in LOS right know and I hate the Visa-action every single year........

moskito, could you get a work permit to work in your wife’s restaurant and have the restaurant pay you a monthly gross salary of 40k? This way you would have only the expenses for the work permit, income tax and other salary deductions, annual extension of stay, and if you travel abroad also the re-entry permit.

--

Maestro

moskito, could you get a work permit to work in your wife’s restaurant and have the restaurant pay you a monthly gross salary of 40k? This way you would have only the expenses for the work permit, income tax and other salary deductions, annual extension of stay, and if you travel abroad also the re-entry permit.

--

Maestro

thx for answering Maestro,

guess a workpermit cost much more as the exchange fees and more as the restaurants monthly income? heard it is about 80k for a year. I learned also I can apply for a workpermit but than we have to change the restaurant (ahan thai) to a Farangfood Restaurant and a private ltd.partnership?

Four people or offices here give you four different solutions or answers :o

Someone told me if my wifes income is over 50k a month its good for the immigration also without the 400k in the bank ....questions,questions, questions :D

[thx for answering Maestro,

guess a workpermit cost much more as the exchange fees and more as the restaurants monthly income? heard it is about 80k for a year. I learned also I can apply for a workpermit but than we have to change the restaurant (ahan thai) to a Farangfood Restaurant and a private ltd.partnership?

Four people or offices here give you four different solutions or answers :o

Someone told me if my wifes income is over 50k a month its good for the immigration also without the 400k in the bank ....questions,questions, questions :D

Since November you can only use your income for the 40,000 baht income.

You need to check on the work permit. Since your wife is Thai most of the requirements are cut in half.

You can also get a work permit working for a registered business that you wife owns.

In the long run though it might be less expense and hastle to go with 400,000 baht in the bank route. It has to be in your own name in a Thai bank for 60 days. Also there is no requirement that the money has to come from outside the country.

ok, thx anyway. Someone an idea what a workpermit costs?

I really hate the Visa rules, but wish we have the same in Europe :o

Will never understand why the monthly income for a Farang is higher as a "normal" Thai make in a year. 400k on the account to make sure the Farang is not living on the costs of Thaipeople or for what? ......do they have employment centers (for Farangs) or social assistance offices (for Farangs) or even a free healthcare (for Farangs) in this country and I am not aware of it? ......we all have to live on OUR costs here in LOS and I doubt that there are some Farangs out there which are living from a Thaipeoples income.....

one last question, I am felicitously married since 8 years, all the time I fullfilled the Visa requirements, and now they kick me out and seperate me from my family because I dont have 400k on the account??

one last question, I am felicitously married since 8 years, all the time I fullfilled the Visa requirements, and now they kick me out and seperate me from my family because I dont have 400k on the account??

You can still get a visa you don't need the 400,000 baht for that if that is what have been doing already.

You only need the income or money in the bank to get an extension.

do you need a vsia to GET INTO the border of cambodia? I will be folowing in your footsteps on my type O. I am also trying to figure out if there's a way to work on this visa..or if its prohibitated and requires an additional non b?

do you need a vsia to GET INTO the border of cambodia? I will be folowing in your footsteps on my type O. I am also trying to figure out if there's a way to work on this visa..or if its prohibitated and requires an additional non b?

The Visa is 25 US Dollars. Yes you can work with a Non O Visa if you have a Work Permit.