I Need Information On Southern Thailand

Lancelot1

Hi all

I am doing a bicycle touring from Singapore to Thailand, my destination is Bangkok. I need to know a couple of things which is:

1) Which entry to travel on if I am either travelling through kelantan or Perlis Malaysia?

2) Are there any more southern thailand insurgency? Terrorism, bombings etc...

3) Which are safest route to travel on towards Bangkok, Thailand?

4) Which province should I be avoiding in order for a safe and fun trip?

5) What are the important things to look out for when I am in the Southern Thailand?

6) Which is the fastest route and has the most scenic views?

Appreciate if anyone can give me directions and answers to my touring experience. Can anyone please provide me with the informations?

Thanks A Million

Bryan Lim :o

You want the west side through Perlis not east through Kelantan, this will avoid the three southern Thai provinces of Yala, Narathiwat and Pattani where the troubles are. Coming up the west coast and entering Thailand through the crossing at Padang Besar you'll have no problems. Note that the border isn't 24hrs. The fastest route is up the main North-South highway, not very scenic, the main thing to watch out for will be the trucks and buses.

Good luck!

Hi all

I am doing a bicycle touring from Singapore to Thailand, my destination is Bangkok. I need to know a couple of things which is:

1) Which entry to travel on if I am either travelling through kelantan or Perlis Malaysia?

Depends on yourself. I recently had a Dutchman stay at my house and he was doing Singapore to Hong Kong. He came up the east side and said he had no problems at all.

2) Are there any more southern thailand insurgency? Terrorism, bombings etc...

Look at 1

3) Which are safest route to travel on towards Bangkok, Thailand?

There's basically only one route and that's the main highway

4) Which province should I be avoiding in order for a safe and fun trip?

Danger everywhere ....

5) What are the important things to look out for when I am in the Southern Thailand?

As the other poster stated, the trucks and buses .... and other vehicles and dogs

6) Which is the fastest route and has the most scenic views?

Fastest route is the western side of Malaysia with the best scenery on the eastern side. Up to you. In Thailand, without going a way of your course, the eastern side up to Surat is quite nice.

Appreciate if anyone can give me directions and answers to my touring experience. Can anyone please provide me with the informations?

Thanks A Million

Bryan Lim :o