Need Some Information On Koh Phangan

Hi there members of the thaivisa-forum,

this is my first post here! I am German and 35 years old. I have been three times to Thailand and have seen Bangkok, Samui, Phuket, Ko Chang.

This year in mid February I want to go to Ko Phangan for two weeks with my wife.

For price reasons we want to go from BKK to Phangan by night bus or train. Is there an option to buy the complete ticket (bus/train+ferry) at the Kao San Road?

We are not right sure to what beach we will go. We will arrive a few days after the full moon party and leave long before the next one :-)

Maybe we want to stay in Thong Sala for the first two days and rent a car (motorbike is too dangerous for us) and look at several beaches. How are the road conditions in Phangan right now? Can most beaches be reached by car?

The last thing we want is an overcrowded beach. But it shouldn't be too lonely because it could get boring for us then. Nice would be a beach with some restaurants that put their table on the beach on the evening, mayba a bar or two and where you can get massage on the beach during the day. Would Had Rin be an option when threre is no full moon party near? Which beach could be recommended for us?

Thanks in advance!

I recommend Milky Bay Resort in Ban Tai... lovely place with exceptional staff, and Ban Tai is a very central location, easy to get anywhere on the island from there. You can rent a Jeep and drive around- although the road to Thong Nai Pan/Bottle Beach/Than Sadet (north east) can be difficult, it should be ok b the time you get there as rainy season will have ended.

I recommend Milky Bay Resort in Ban Tai... lovely place with exceptional staff, and Ban Tai is a very central location, easy to get anywhere on the island from there. You can rent a Jeep and drive around- although the road to Thong Nai Pan/Bottle Beach/Than Sadet (north east) can be difficult, it should be ok b the time you get there as rainy season will have ended.

or sunset cove resort in haad chao prao.

though you did not specify the price per night you are willing to be parted with.

though you did not specify the price per night you are willing to be parted with.

Well it shouldn't be too expensive. Not more than 1500 per night (if its really value for money), better if around or below 1000.

Well it shouldn't be too expensive. Not more than 1500 per night (if its really value for money), better if around or below 1000.

disregard my suggestion.