100 Pairs Of Shoes

willbartholomew

I would like to buy approximately 100 pairs of shoes (sneakers preferred) of various sizes for donation to a local charity. I know there are many shoe stores in the Chiang Mai area but just wondering if anyone would have any recommendations so I can narrow the search a little. I would like to find something with at least average quality but of course keep the price down as much as possible.

Have you looked over the border at Mae Sai - Burma (Although I have heard reports that the Thai side of the border now has cheaper clothes than the Burmese side)

What my friend did while he was working as a volunteer teacher in Zambia, was to ask the England football squad, or maybe just one famous member of the team (i cant remember) for autographs by letter, : he got the autograph, sold it on the Internet and bought his whole school football team new boots!

If you havent found a good place before I next see a shoe selling friend of mine, i will ask around for you.

Best of luck

Edited by whiterussian

I would like to buy approximately 100 pairs of shoes (sneakers preferred) of various sizes for donation to a local charity. I know there are many shoe stores in the Chiang Mai area but just wondering if anyone would have any recommendations so I can narrow the search a little. I would like to find something with at least average quality but of course keep the price down as much as possible.

I think most places in Chiang Mai are going to be similar price and quality, though MAYBE the ones outside the moat area might be slightly cheaper.

Any manufacturers in the local area?

For 100 pairs, guess they would give you good discount also!

Worthy cause - good luck!

Bucklt :o

Haven't checked the second "hand" shoe shops myself (might not sell size 45), but maybe an you want to try. If I remember correct, there are stalls selling them at evening at the sdewalk of the road to airport junction (if you head from center).

Might be an option to get good value for your money.

Best of luck and thanks for your kindness to the underprivileged.