Bars In Lamai...bauhaus Closed?

Its been closed for a few months as it just wasnt busy anymore. I guess you could go to Fusion or Supersub. They are usually busy.

I should add that their 20 year lease was up, which was a fixed price for that period. Obviously the cost would have shot up from 1988 if they were to renew and if it's never busy then it's just not viable.

Edited by Treborz

Try the Scooter bar on the main road by the Mcdonals sign. A few girls but they dont hassle you and Jerry's an ex Essex boy Mod so lots of good music (The Who etc) and open 2pm - 2am or longer. Lots of regulars go in for a beer or two

Lek's bar behind Fusion is one of the few non "girly" bars that's half decent in Lamai. Its pretty small, but its open late and you can just wander in and have a beer without any hassle. Often some good tunes in there as well.

and the pool is free to :o

Try the Scooter bar on the main road by the Mcdonals sign. A few girls but they dont hassle you and Jerry's an ex Essex boy Mod so lots of good music (The Who etc) and open 2pm - 2am or longer. Lots of regulars go in for a beer or two

Not so good since he finished with Som a few years back :o

I thought her name was May, big Lass who used to have a Bar opposite Rolling Stone who got it bought for her by a Norweigen Friend of mine who was unfortunately, always drunk & paid the price ??

I thought her name was May, big Lass who used to have a Bar opposite Rolling Stone who got it bought for her by a Norweigen Friend of mine who was unfortunately, always drunk & paid the price ??

It is May and he was still with her in November.

There is a new place on the beach called Swing Bar behind McDonalds, has free pool tables and Singha is only 60b, food is supposed to be good but haven't tried it yet.

Looks like it is going to be Lamai's version of The Ark Bar.

yeah seen the place being built over the past month... looks impressive

Lava Lounge in Lamai

?

enlighten me!

Swing?

down the side road from OutbackBar

Not so good since he finished with Som a few years back :D

It is May and he was still with her in November.

just so your all straight... jerry had a girl friend named som until a few years ago. he has since been with may...and still is. hes not there as much as he used to be.. think hes on a health kick or something. :o

Lava Lounge in Lamai

?

enlighten me!

Swing?

Yes tried swing bar last night...was pretty busy and is big...the bar has swings around it so you can swing while you drink...free pool and free wireless internet...live sports on bigscreen. It is behind mcdonalds on the beach same street as bikini bar

you won't get hassled in my bar

no girls

no cashier

tiger 40, singha 40 baht

sometimes open

not telling where, i dont want customers

thanks

PS

must be busy in lamai, had 4 customers this week already....

(d a m n nuisance...)

:o:D

'the bar has swings around it so you can swing while you drink'

is it near to lamai inn then? will try it next month

it is beside lamai inn...you won't miss it...it is big with a restaurant and bar on the beach as well

FYI i was drinking in swing bar again last night and the manager said they are starting a happy hour on Monday the 12th with cheap drinks between 2pm and 6pm. A lot of locals complaining about thai baht exchange rate now he said. 39 baht chang 59 heineken 49 tiger 49 singha

i think coctails are also 99 baht not sure though

FYI i was drinking in swing bar again last night and the manager said they are starting a happy hour on Monday the 12th with cheap drinks between 2pm and 6pm. A lot of locals complaining about thai baht exchange rate now he said. 39 baht chang 59 heineken 49 tiger 49 singha

yeah tim and allen -the owners have done a good job,big bar on the beach ,new everything,should be a good new place in lamai to hang out.good food too.

yeah tim and allen -the owners have done a good job,big bar on the beach ,new everything,should be a good new place in lamai to hang out.good food too.

spot on

Why on earth do people continue to use this stupid pricing system ending everything with '9' , no it dosn't make it look cheaper. :o

Why on earth do people continue to use this stupid pricing system ending everything with '9' , no it dosn't make it look cheaper. :o

Ask tesco lotus and big c...majority of their prices end in 9 especially their sale items....but I know what you mean

the gossip on the bauhaus is that the samui shamrock owner has got a new 12 year lease on iy.

is having it demolished (good idea, removes competition)

and golly gosh guess what,

finally what we have been waiting for in Lamai......................

STARBUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!