Extending 15 Day Thai Visa

Hi,

I did a border-run to Laos and came back to Thailand. To my suprise I only got a 15 day stay stamp instead of the 30 days i need. Does anyone know if it is possible to apply for a tourist visa while already being in Thailand? Or are there other possibilities to extend my stay for 15 days without having to do a border-run again?

xxx

i was quite surprised too thought it was just me until they showed me the sign..one thing he kept saying that it was"no limit" so does that mean they have done away with the 90 days in 6 months thing and its ba ck to as many as you want?

There is another long thread discussing this.

Yes you only get 15 days at land crossings (still 30 by air). Yes, the limit of 90 days in 6 months has gone.

You MAY be able to get a 7 day extension at immigration by showing an outbound air ticket (1900 Baht) probably better to just do another border hop for a further 15 days.

Hi,

I did a border-run to Laos and came back to Thailand. To my suprise I only got a 15 day stay stamp instead of the 30 days i need. Does anyone know if it is possible to apply for a tourist visa while already being in Thailand? Or are there other possibilities to extend my stay for 15 days without having to do a border-run again?

xxx

You can get a 7 day extension at immigration for 1900 baht or do a border run to get another 15 days or fly out and back and get 30 days.

i was quite surprised too thought it was just me until they showed me the sign..one thing he kept saying that it was"no limit" so does that mean they have done away with the 90 days in 6 months thing and its ba ck to as many as you want?
The 90 day rule is gone. It was cancelled on Nov. 25 of last year when they changed visa exempt entries to 15 by land and 30 by air.

There is a 30+ page topic on this.

There is no way to get a tourist visa whilst you are in Thailand. You have to get it from a Thai consulate, and these are only outside Thailand. Vientiane and Phnom Penh currently even give a tourist visa valid for two entries within 90 days from the date of issue of the visa.

--

Maestro