Samui Cable Tv

Where I am staying, we don't have satellite TV, just Samui cable.

Does anyone else have a problem with loss of signal. It can't be just the line to my house, as the caption comes up 'smartcard error reading' or some other such caption. It usually occurs with the MM1 or MNET series channel. Yesterday rely peeved me off, I was watching 'The Bill' screedned at 4 pm, then at 4.45 pm the channel failed, so I missed the last 5 -10 minutes. Then again at just after 11 last night I was watching the di vinci code,( yes I did see it on pirate DVD a long time ago,) it failed for about 5 - 10 minutes.

With the film channel I guess it's not so bad, as you can buy a copy, but you can't with the MNET series ones. Occasionally, BBC world news( yes I know it's cr^p) and DW-TV also fail, but not so often.

Maybe Samui Cable don't pay their bills????????? :o:D

It can't be just the line to my house, as the caption comes up 'smartcard error reading' or some other such caption.

The line to your house is fine, it's Samui Cables satellite receiver which has the problem. Same as ubc , on cloudy windy days the reception can go bad.

On a really bad day samui cable just turn off the movie channel and put a VCD on which is fine as long as the operator can stay awake long enough to change to the second disc .

I've always wondered if Samui cable actually pay a licience for the channels they distribute or just borrow/steel them :o

It can't be just the line to my house, as the caption comes up 'smartcard error reading' or some other such caption.

The line to your house is fine, it's Samui Cables satellite receiver which has the problem. Same as ubc , on cloudy windy days the reception can go bad.

On a really bad day samui cable just turn off the movie channel and put a VCD on which is fine as long as the operator can stay awake long enough to change to the second disc .

I've always wondered if Samui cable actually pay a licience for the channels they distribute or just borrow/steel them :o

Wow, I really don't think that they would steal them, that would be illegal!!!!!!!!! :D

Get used to it. This hapens on a regular basis. Either you loose the lot or more often than not just channel 5, 11 and 36. Sometimes the picture is there but no sound. If its not the TV going off its the electric. When that happens its time for a beer. Oh the joys of living in paradise! :o