Any Info On Last Night's Deaths?

I just got off the phone with a girl who told me that a lady working in (Name Deleted) Bar in Lamai was allegedly drunk on a rental bike with a man who had paid bar for her and who was involved in an accident with a taxi in which both the girl and the man were killed. This was last night somewhere in the Lamai environs.

When I asked for details, I was told that she was only telling me because she knew that I was friends with the girl and that the other girls are not talking about this with foreigners. The reasons for the bargirls not talking about this fatality and the circumstances are not important, but I was wondering if anyone has any solid information about this.

It's a real sad thing...the girl in question was a good kid at heart but was desperate for attention and drank heavily until morning nearly every night.

I knew her fairly well and by all accounts, it was a foolish and squanderous way to die.

Such a shame when anyone is injured/killed. Maybe a lesson to be learnt about drink driving...IT KILLS...laws in the western world were introduced 40 years ago because of fatalities... lets be grateful she didnt maim or kill an innoncent person through her shelfish stupidty

Such a shame when anyone is injured/killed. Maybe a lesson to be learnt about drink driving...IT KILLS...laws in the western world were introduced 40 years ago because of fatalities... lets be grateful she didnt maim or kill an innoncent person through her shelfish stupidty

and the man on the bike deserved it? Silence would be your best option methinks.

and the man on the bike deserved it? Silence would be your best option methinks.

I doubt if either actually deserved it however drink driving, if this particular case was drink driving related as people would assume given the description by the OP, is always gonna be a touchy & emotional subject for some that should be respected, even if you don't like what they're saying..

My wife just heard that the male was an expat from France.

Wife 6 months pregnant is visiting family up north. :o

thats going to be very sad and shocking for his wife, 6 months pregnant aswell!!! it would be nicer if she wouldnt find out about the girl he was with.

My wife just heard that the male was an expat from France.

Wife 6 months pregnant is visiting family up north. :o

thats going to be very sad and shocking for his wife, 6 months pregnant aswell!!! it would be nicer if she wouldnt find out about the girl he was with.

yes so true,there are times when you dont need to hear the truth.

Inflammatory posts have been deleted. This is not an english language lesson, nor is it the right place to engage in a debate about who understands what.

Keep it civil please.

All i wanted was an explanation <snip>

Edited by soundman
Questions to moderators by PM only. Not in the open forum.

thanks Mr Lamai for the name of the bar..

just called a friend in lamai who knows the owner of the bar and

Has their been any proof at all of that the driver of the motorbike was intoxicated???????

according to them he left and was VERY drunk and unable to drive properly...

but then ( even those it will never happen ) do bar owners or people in the bar let the guy drive off let alone with staff on the back of the bike !

but there was no mention of the taxi.... just that he was drunk, so there must have been witnesses to the crash?

Also, does anyone know exactly where the crash happened? , as Lamai is covered completly with CCTV, and esp along the ring road so it should not be hard to track down the taxi...

As he would be in alot of trouble regardless of wether the bike driver was drunk or not.

When i read something like this I always must think of an article in the samui community newspaper where a cement truck driver drove back over the victum to make sure the victum was dead (it's less costly to have dead a victum) or a motor cyclist who died on the way to hospital because of rough handling. Drinking or not, horror, and I believe a life is not worth much for some people and the police does not care much.

Here is what I know with reasonable certainty after speaking with those who were informed of the incident by police:

The accident occurred around 5am, so this more or less precludes the couple from having left the bar where the girl worked. Since it was in Lamai, there are only a couple of places open at that time, and we know which ones they are.

An Italian man (not French), aged 40, was driving a motorbike with a lady riding pillion. Somewhere around the area of Buddy on the ring road, they had some sort of collision with a car (NOT a taxi). Although no one has proof, it is without question that alcohol was involved.

I have no information that I can count on regarding whether the driver of the car stayed at the scene -- I have conflicting reports involving a Thai driver -- but an odd piece of ancillary information from the police may support that the driver of the vehicle might have been interviewed at the scene; that is, the police said that the driver (of the motorcycle) was turning to talk to the lady when he veered into the car. This information could have been gleaned from a bystander, but also from the driver of the automobile.

All accounts are that the driver of the motorbike was at fault.

This is the third time I have had first-hand knowledge of a bargirl getting on the back of a bike driven by a foreigner late at night when the foreigner was clearly intoxicated. The first one resulted in the lady having a shattered left foot (as the driver meandered off the road and sideswiped a parked truck on a road deserted of moving traffic). A skin graft was eventually needed to cover the "hole" on the top of the foot. The guy came out unscathed.

The second was just a loss of control with the result being a leg broken in two places and a broken foot (by the lady; the guy came out unscathed, again) -- multiple operations needed for that one.

The deceased woman, mother of one, had visited me at my house -- chaperoned with another lady -- twice to see the new puppies. I had teased her at the bar and bought her a drink or two along the way. A visiting friend from Hong Kong (Englishman) has spent a couple of nights with her, remarking at the time that although she was a serious drinker (bedtime wasn't until daylight), she was at heart a kind young girl. ...like so many I suppose.

Although she lived a life of dissipation, she didn't deserve to go so soon. She will be missed.

(As for the man, I can only say, "Because of your irresponsible behavior you died. What a shame that you couldn't just leave it at one death.")

Edited by Mark Wolfe

Here is what I know with reasonable certainty after speaking with those who were informed of the incident by police:

The accident occurred around 5am, so this more or less precludes the couple from having left the bar where the girl worked. Since it was in Lamai, there are only a couple of places open at that time, and we know which ones they are.

An Italian man (not French), aged 40, was driving a motorbike with a lady riding pillion. Somewhere around the area of Buddy on the ring road, they had some sort of collision with a car (NOT a taxi). Although no one has proof, it is without question that alcohol was involved.

I have no information that I can count on regarding whether the driver of the car stayed at the scene -- I have conflicting reports involving a Thai driver -- but an odd piece of ancillary information from the police may support that the driver of the vehicle might have been interviewed at the scene; that is, the police said that the driver (of the motorcycle) was turning to talk to the lady when he veered into the car. This information could have been gleaned from a bystander, but also from the driver of the automobile.

All accounts are that the driver of the motorbike was at fault.

This is the third time I have had first-hand knowledge of a bargirl getting on the back of a bike driven by a foreigner late at night when the foreigner was clearly intoxicated. The first one resulted in the lady having a shattered left foot (as the driver meandered off the road and sideswiped a parked truck on a road deserted of moving traffic). A skin graft was eventually needed to cover the "hole" on the top of the foot. The guy came out unscathed.

The second was just a loss of control with the result being a leg broken in two places and a broken foot (by the lady; the guy came out unscathed, again) -- multiple operations needed for that one.

The deceased woman, mother of one, had visited me at my house -- chaperoned with another lady -- twice to see the new puppies. I had teased her at the bar and bought her a drink or two along the way. A visiting friend from Hong Kong (Englishman) has spent a couple of nights with her, remarking at the time that although she was a serious drinker (bedtime wasn't until daylight), she was at heart a kind young girl. ...like so many I suppose.

Although she lived a life of dissipation, she didn't deserve to go so soon. She will be missed.

(As for the man, I can only say, "Because of your irresponsible behavior you died. What a shame that you couldn't just leave it at one death.")

there was also the time an Italian on a superbike ( drunk ) excelerated outside the Shamrock and the lady on the back went over and hit the post.

Inflammatory posts have been deleted. This is not an english language lesson, nor is it the right place to engage in a debate about who understands what.

Keep it civil please.

All i wanted was an explanation how he used the word "doubt" in that particular sentence.For me it sounded like the 2 poor victims deserved it cos of their-Drink and drive-!!!!Has their been any proof at all of that the driver of the motorbike was intoxicated???????

& you had a pop at me about MY poor English ???

You might want to look in the Mirror Sweetheart..

Edited by MSingh

Does anyone know the total number of deaths on Samui from bike accidents, alcohol related or not. Cause it is a number that is high and might warn some tourists of the conditions.

Posting the number and upgrading it, just MIGHT save a few lives. Could this be done and pinned? I would just like to see the number decreased. I have myself seen too many accidents with fatal outcomes. Lets magnify this problem! Since the tourist board doesn't say much about it, maybe TV could be the one that really does?

SAVE LIVES KNOW.

Edited by SamuiJens

Posting the number and upgrading it, just MIGHT save a few lives.

No, it won't. Here's why:

The girls HAVE TO GO WITH MEN WHO ARE DRUNK. They can't and don't turn away a "fare," most of the time, and Samui (as in other places in Thailand) foster drinking to excess. I haven't lived in the West in over 20 years, but are there bars/clubs there that open and serve alcohol until 5am? I don't think so.

I have always said that places like Fusion host people who are already intoxicated, often very much so. It's the bar where you go to have one (or more) too many.

In practical terms, the way things are is the way they are going to be. Just look out for yourself.

I haven't lived in the West in over 20 years, but are there bars/clubs there that open and serve alcohol until 5am? I don't think so.

There are a few (Las Vegas being an obvious example)- the real difference is that there are (possible) consequences in the West for drunk drivers that don't have accidents (DWI tickets, checkpoints with breathalyzers, license revocation, jail time, huge legal expenses, etc.)- in Samui unless you crash, you're fine- it's the "all or nothing" attitude that causes problems.

Edited by OnTheSnap

I haven't lived in the West in over 20 years, but are there bars/clubs there that open and serve alcohol until 5am? I don't think so.

There are a few (Las Vegas being an obvious example)- the real difference is that there are (possible) consequences in the West for drunk drivers that don't have accidents (DWI tickets, checkpoints with breathalyzers, license revocation, jail time, huge legal expenses, etc.)- in Samui unless you crash, you're fine- it's the "all or nothing" attitude that causes problems.

Same, same in larger cities in Germany and yes the law enforcement is tough, but the toughest it is here, the hardest cases: "Life sentence"!

There is no excuse for this!

Sorry!

As heavy as this loss is for some friends and relatives is, it is plain stupid to go blind drunk, little drunk, whatever, intoxicated and ride a bike or drive a car around in these conditions here!

100-300 maybe 500 to go Lamai - Chaweng Baht for a cab!

Just think about it....back home many don't do because they are aware of the consequences!

Here the consequences are simply different!

BAR OWNERS should much more participate and WARN punters about the dangerous situation, take possession of the keys, insist that a Taxi is taken - OFFER such service!

Edited by Samuian

BAR OWNERS should much more participate and WARN punters about the dangerous situation, take possession of the keys, insist that a Taxi is taken - OFFER such service!

All good ideas in theory but very, very unlikely to happen in reality..