Day At Yamaha Dealer

Bard

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you guys do test them Yammies. Remember to ride em like you stole em!! :o

Yamaha has a one piece racing suit for us to borrow so I will be trying to get my knee down If I can. The bikes are insured so dropping them doesn't seem to be an issue. Any tips on getting knees down travelmate?

When you guys do test them Yammies. Remember to ride em like you stole em!! :D

Yamaha has a one piece racing suit for us to borrow so I will be trying to get my knee down If I can. The bikes are insured so dropping them doesn't seem to be an issue. Any tips on getting knees down travelmate?

Get in position before the corner.(keeps the bike stable) hang off the bike a bit. One bum cheek on the saddle the other off. your toes on the pegs. Tuck your outside leg to the bike. let inside leg hang (relax) keep upper torso parallel to the bike. Your upper torso should be free of tension. Your outside leg will have you locked to the bike. So relax and lean bike into corner, grind knee.

Rule of thumb:

Keep inside elbow below wrist.

This will force your head and torso into correct position for cornering. Ideally the mirror will be directly in front of your face during a turn.

That basically it.

Keep leaning till yer lips are draggin.... :o

• 2 weeks later...
Name and location of the dealer please? :o

"Rachada" means squat to someone unfamiliar with BKK.

thanks.

TYM Marketing Co.,Ltd.Yamaha Rider’s Club Branch

55/61 Ratchadapisek Rd.,

Dindang, Dindang, Bangkok 10400

Tel : (662) 640-6990-1 Fax : (662) 640-6993-4

[email protected]

[email protected]

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.th/ridersclub/Spec_FZ6.aspx

Cheers Bard

Last time I went there in Dec, they didn't allow me to take photos, and they didn't allow me to test drive anything. They were also quite short with me for some unknown reason. By they, I mean the salesperson I met.

Zzinged- did you forget to wear pants, again?! :D:D:o:D

Weird, we took as many pictures as we wanted and used our greasy hands on every bike, revved up bikes and took completely off, tested bikes as well. Even removed stuff like Givi cases on showbikes and so on, everyone was just smile and happy for us to do so. Doesn't sound like the same showroom...

Cheers Bard

But you guys LOOK like ya got money. when ever i go some where i think i must have a 'cheap charley' neon sign above my head. cos i dont even get a look. (mind you i am a cheap charley) :o

same thing happened to me at Kawasaki.

also i wonder if knowing that Kawasaki were bring out the er-6 helped make them better sales people.

Think it must have rather been how enthusiastic we were in there which made the impact on them, than any money look. We spent hours in there just like two kids in a playground and all the staff was laughing there ass off. Even was into the mechanic shop and played with the tools, I was in a biker heaven :o

Cheers Bard

Tell you what Zzinged, never even heard of it before. It's behind Esplanade but dude nobody I heard of has had that kind of problem before, and since they have much more Thai customers than Expats there should be no reason for any difference. There were a couple of Thai customers in there when I went over who also took photos and so on. Maybe you came on a bad hair day?

Cheers Bard

Are you talking about the Yam showroom behind the Esplanade? One of the salespersons there sternly warned me against taking photos when I was in there. Maybe it's because I'm Thai.

Bit rude! You should of played the ole.....sorry I don't speak thai trick. It just makes no sense for them to be that way.....if you were going to be a customer there, you probably would of taken ur business elsewhere.

OK Zzinged talked with the manager over there who was very upset over this, so he asked to get the name for the guy who did this as it's not there way of running there business. So please give details so they can take further action.

Cheers Bard

I've been over to the Yammie dealer behind Esplanade on Ratchada many times. It's walking distance from the Kwacker shop on Rama 9 and I like to go over there while my bike is being serviced. They've always been very friendly, open and approachable. You must have caught them on a bad day Zzinged.

OK Zzinged talked with the manager over there who was very upset over this, so he asked to get the name for the guy who did this as it's not there way of running there business. So please give details so they can take further action.

Cheers Bard

hopefully it was one of the cute Yammie girls cause i look forward to disciplining them :o

Cheers Bard

hopefully it was one of the cute Yammie girls cause i look forward to disciplining them :o

You left out the 'Again' bit, you animal! :D

Thanks Bard, I really appreciate what you've done, but I don't remember the name of the salesman. The only details I remember is that it was a man of medium build with darkish skin. I went in there with a mate of mine and we were browsing bikes. I asked him if I could take some photos but he said 'No photo'. Also while asking him questions he came across as being dismissive. He didn't speak English very well (which may well be the root of my bad experience), because when I asked the price of one of the bikes he just handed me the price list instead of telling me :o But yea... both my friend and I came to the conclusion he wasn't being as service-orientated as he could have been, but we just left it at that.

As long as the manager knows I don't think there needs to be any action taken, as it were. I'm just puzzled by your experience vs mine; especially with regards to the photo taking.

Edited by Zzinged

No problem Zzinged,

Next time you or anyone goes there ask for Mr. Man he is a really cool guy and speak OK English as well, he will even take pictures of you on the bikes for you.

Cheers Bard

Cheers Bard

hopefully it was one of the cute Yammie girls cause i look forward to disciplining them :D

That's what I was hoping for as well mate :o

OK at least I gave them shit for it so hopefully it never happens again. Hey Trent my new bike is already there ready in the showroom, yohoo...

Haha Travelmate,

No way I shall break her in myself the hard way, I can't wait. Right now I'm back at work being miserable with a beaty of a bike just longing for her lover to wrench the shit out of her. Well home the 3rd and going for a 6000 km ride with Trent, Tony and anyone else who want to join to properly test her out.

Have fun meanwhile boys

Hi Bard!

Think positive- February is a short month and you'll be back to ride your new Mia Noi, ahem, I mean FZ6 soon! :D :jerk: :wai:

Like Tom Petty said, "The waiting is the hardest part!"

Can't wait for an epic trip in March. Two FZ6's and an ER-6n- we are going to RAGE! :D:P:D:D:o

Just got back from the Lopburi Bike Week- you would have loved it!

Next week is Udon Thani, then Pattaya Burapa, and finally Khon Kaen! What a month!

Happy Trails!

Tony and Nong

013109LobBuriNongMeSm.jpg

• 10 months later...

HI ,

CAN SOMEONE SEND POST THE YAMAHA DEALERS CONTACT INFO ? PHONE NUMBER / EMAIL / ADDRESS ?

Trent and myself had a great day at Yamaha dealer in Bangkok, great bikes, great service.

[...]

Are you talking about the one on Ratchada? Went there and was also impressed with their service, especially with their mechanics who seem to be totally addicted to bikes. Wonderful!