Yesterday Evening In Patong!

thaigerd

Yesterday evening I had to go to see a customer in Patong.

So I parked my car at the end of Soi Sensabai(btw 60Baht now). When I went back Soi Sensabai and came to the point where you have to to turn left into the main street(opposite this boxing stadium).

A pickup just wanted to turn left when another pickup came from the right and wanted to go inside Soi Sensabai, but he had to wait a bit until the other pickup could drive into the main road to the left.

It was a few seconds to long for the driver who wanted to make his right turn so he opened his door, came out of the car and went straight to the other pickup, opened the driver's door and kicked the driver's face around 15 times with his right fist closed the door and went slowly back to his own car and drove off.

I opened the passenger's door and found the car full of blood and the driver already unconscious with a smashed face. Police from Bangla came one minute later for help.

What a disgusting situation :o !!!

This could happen to all of us I thought later........................

Gerd

So I parked my car at the end of Soi Sensabai(btw 60Baht now). When I went back Soi Sensabai and came to the point where you have to to turn left into the main street(opposite this boxing stadium).

A pickup just wanted to turn left when another pickup came from the right and wanted to go inside Soi Sensabai, but he had to wait a bit until the other pickup could drive into the main road to the left.

It was a few seconds to long for the driver who wanted to make his right turn so he opened his door, came out of the car and went straight to the other pickup, opened the driver's door and kicked the driver's face around 15 times with his right fist closed the door and went slowly back to his own car and drove off.

I opened the passenger's door and found the car full of blood and the driver already unconscious with a smashed face. Police from Bangla came one minute later for help.

Gerd

Kicked him in the face with a closed fist, now that's some kind of Thai boxing!

Point taken though Gerd, the road rage here continues to get worse and worse. Everybody needs to be careful on the roads and just chill.

Wow, That would not be a very nice thing to see, that would make me quite angry. Where you able to give the police any useful info to help catch him?

Of course I could, around 25 years old and he had a black&white dog in the back on his pickup, police gave all these informations into their walkietalkie and started the chase.

Gerd

that is why I keep the doors locked while driving around. oh yea! and speed around corners, that way I do not piss people off so much. :o

but really, this is bad, how could you just walk up to someones car and open the door and punch crap out of them and then walk off???? I hope he is caught fast.

Gerd

Point taken though Gerd, the road rage here continues to get worse and worse. Everybody needs to be careful on the roads and just chill.

Are you sure it was road rage? Or was it for some other reason,Maybe he had not payed his gambling debt or a loan he had or maybe he was visiting his wife when he was at work,Just remember things are not always what they seem,Dont jump to conclusions,I have never seen road rage in Thailand I have lived here for 12 years and driven thousands of kilometers and never seen anybody get angry behind the wheel,They are always to drunk anyway Cheers...

Gerd

Are you sure it was road rage? Or was it for some other reason,Maybe he had not payed his gambling debt or a loan he had or maybe he was visiting his wife when he was at work,Just remember things are not always what they seem,Dont jump to conclusions,I have never seen road rage in Thailand I have lived here for 12 years and driven thousands of kilometers and never seen anybody get angry behind the wheel,They are always to drunk anyway Cheers...

I will invite you to drive half a day in Phuket..........

I will invite you to drive half a day in Phuket..........

I agree with Thaigerd, Roadrage is alive and well in Phuket.

What a disgusting situation :D !!!

Gerd

I had an Isuzu Adventuremaster which had a system fitted that locked all doors automatically when stationary, and unlocked them when going over 30kph.

Stops anyone getting in, when at red lights etc. I think it was linked to brake peddle system. :o

I have never seen road rage in Thailand I have lived here for 12 years and driven thousands of kilometers and never seen anybody get angry behind the wheel.

I see road rage almost every day on Phuket Island. Even had a loaded gun pointed at me. My wife insists on locking all the doors when driving her MU7 truck. Locks no help to me with a top down car.

Not just in Phuket.

3 nights ago driving home in the fast lane I heard a horn and looked in rear-view and a car was right on my bumper, but had no lights on. I didn't move over for a few km's and he stuck right on my tail. Eventually I moved to the left lane and he followed, still on my bumper. I actually thought he didn't have lights and was using me as a blocker. This went on for about another 2km. Then I had to move into the right lane and then into the turn right lane. As I did, he shot past me and then in front of me and slammed on his brakes. He then reversed into me. I actually thought he was going to claim I ran into him.

I got out of my car, looked at the damage (minimal), walked to his door and opened it, and he pulled a gun on me. I walked backwards and he was absolutely furious. This was a major intersection at about midnight and he had a gun to my face as cars drove by. He was only about 5'5" tall or so and wearing a blue safari suit and black shoes - I assume pseudo security for someone of self-importance. Couldn't tell if he was drunk, but he was seriously angry. I actually thought he was going to shoot.

I stayed relatively calm and told him in Thai that I could not see him as his lights were not switched on and pointed at his tail lights. I waied him quite a few times and apologized. He'd put the gun under his top and then pull it out again threatening to shoot. All i could do was wai and hope he didn't. He told me to get in my car, which i didn't do and he eventually got back in his car and drove off...right through a red light. About 100m after the traffic lights he switched his lights on.

Did not get his car number. Cant read Thai anyway.

That's the 3rd time in Thailand I've had guns pulled on me - the other 2 times in Phuket...and both by off-duty cops.

Lesson learned...I should have just moved over when he honked. Things can get out of control here very quickly. If he had shot me, he likely would have never been caught.

Be careful out there.

yes sounds like he was angry cos you were in the overtaking lane and he wanted to go faster than you.I very rarely see road rage here but scary indeed.what to do,apart from going slower and staying in the left hand lane.alternatively buy a kevlar vest and a glock and learn in thai "go ahead make my day"

yes sounds like he was angry cos you were in the overtaking lane and he wanted to go faster than you.I very rarely see road rage here but scary indeed.what to do,apart from going slower and staying in the left hand lane.alternatively buy a kevlar vest and a glock and learn in thai "go ahead make my day"

Yep, it was because I wouldn't move over fast enough...and maybe he had a bad night. He was seriously angry and I don't think it would have taken much more for him to shoot. Maybe if I hadn't waied him many times and apologized or had been the slightest bit aggressive, things may have ended different.

He was an @sshole, but I should have moved. If he had lights on, I would have seen him coming and moved.

I'll move next time.

I have never seen road rage in Thailand I have lived here for 12 years and driven thousands of kilometers and never seen anybody get angry behind the wheel.

I see road rage almost every day on Phuket Island. Even had a loaded gun pointed at me. My wife insists on locking all the doors when driving her MU7 truck. Locks no help to me with a top down car.

I know that this is off topic...... But how did you know that the gun was loaded?

Do you drive your car at night? Or drive your Mu7? Just asking to find out if you feel safe driving in Thailand at night? Because your car tells me that you feel safe in daylight hours.

Syl

But how did you know that the gun was loaded?

Do you drive your car at night? Or drive your Mu7? Just asking to find out if you feel safe driving in Thailand at night? Because your car tells me that you feel safe in daylight hours.

Cos he pulled the clip out to show me it was loaded and I saw at least one bullet at the top. This was mid morning on Nanai Road. Told you, it's my wife's MU7. She likes the safety of a big vehicle. I prefer not to drive in Thailand at night as too many drivers don't turn on their lights and too many drunks/high drivers.

I know that this is off topic...... But how did you know that the gun was loaded?

Syl

I don't know how much experience you have of the rougher side of the big bad world but trust me if someone pulls a gun you immediately assume it's loaded and act accordingly.

Unless you want to reach the afterlife sooner rather than later.

I don't know how much experience you have of the rougher side of the big bad world but trust me if someone pulls a gun you immediately assume it's loaded and act accordingly.

Unless you want to reach the afterlife sooner rather than later.

Believe me, I was shitting myself, wondering if I could dodge the bullet, survive gunshot wounds. This guy was had blazing eyes, think he was hopped up on something, really expected him to shoot. Just a few days ago I found out that he's already dead, and never worked for the Tesiban. He just gave out the impression he was a government official. BTW he died of some medial condition.

The number of people carrying hardware in their vehicles is getting scary. It's the reason I haven't used a tuktuk for 3 years. Last trip I had in one I had an argument with the driver over change and he just opened his glovebox and showed his "persuader"

Sounds to me you lot want to get out of the house a bit more instead of watching American Movies on TV,You are all being brain washed into believing that it is real life.Try going to the beach a bit more and relaxing You will be surprised how nice life can be when you live in the real world,Have a nice Day...

I had an Isuzu Adventuremaster which had a system fitted that locked all doors automatically when stationary, and unlocked them when going over 30kph.

So that if you had an accident at a speed over that, the doors would fly open?

Many car accident fatalities occur when the occupants get launched out of the vehicle. I do not believe there is a system like this that you describe, please show us a URL to this system as it's ludicrous.

Sounds to me you lot want to get out of the house a bit more instead of watching American Movies on TV,You are all being brain washed into believing that it is real life.Try going to the beach a bit more and relaxing You will be surprised how nice life can be when you live in the real world,Have a nice Day...

Here is another post for my "sharp as a marble" award.

Mintman, OP was out of the house when this occurred. This was not an American movie, it was a Patong incident. It was "real life", in the "real world" that also contains nice beaches, but also has this type of violence.

Maybe don't smoke the wacky before you post and your logic will be better..........

Are you taking the pi** ?? Sounds like you have never driven in Thailand ..... :o