Tee Shirt With Lit-up Design That Flashes To The Beat?

Hairy

Saw an incredibly cool tee shirt the other day, and the guy told me he bought it in Bangkok, but didn't say where. I'm hoping someone knows where these are available.

It's a tee shirt with a design on the front that LIGHTS UP. I assume it uses LEDs or something similar to generate the light, but the light shows up around the whole design, not just in discrete dots.

Not only that, but the design (a "space alien" face) is laid out in expanding rings -- like ((())). And the lighting is controlled by some electronics with a microphone in them, so that when it's quiet, only the inner ring is lit -- () -- but when it gets noisy, the next ring of the pattern gets lit -- (()) -- and when it's really loud, the next one does -- ((())).

In other words, it'd be really frogging cool in a disco. :o

Anyone seen these around? Where to buy??? Some estimate of cost??

Thanks!

(BTW, the space alien design in question is the classic one similar to this:

http://technabob.com/blog/2008/01/11/green...lands-on-earth/

Obviously, the shirts could be getting made in many designs, but this was the sort of design on the one I saw.)

Thanks, and I hope you find them within 16 hours. :o

I found the manufacturer of what appears to be the specific design that I saw:

http://www.altadox.com/el/products/el_tshirts.htm

The one I saw was apparently design L08 (upper right on this catalog-page image) :

http://www.altadox.com/el/gallery/collection_tshirts.jpg

Unfortunately, they don't list their resellers; they're some sort of Chinese contract manufacturer.

I guess I've been living in a cave, on Mars, with my fingers stuck in my ears, 'cause these shirts have been around for about two or three years and this is the first time I've noticed. Common as mud. Oh well.

These LED displays have been used in cars for ages, they are nothing new. The last reseller of them (not glued to a tshirt mind you) I saw is in MBK on the mobile phone level, he has a darkened booth just prior to entering the 'market' style area of mobile phones. He imports these from China, also a search on globalsources or alibaba will find them for sure under automotive lighting. Hope that helps, personally I wouldn't stick it on my body, but I was young once too>

Oz

Thanks all! Amazingly enough, after looking through half a dozen major hawker areas in the last few days (before I got desperate and asked here!), I ran into a street vendor just half an hour ago near Nana MRT (on the Soi 7 side) who has these shirts. I stopped to ask about a laser effects projector mounted on his stall frame, and there he was, wearing an "equalizer" design. He said he could get the space alien one by tomorrow. He mentioned that they are also available at Silom (not sure what/where that is) and MBK, but of course for much more than he'll sell me one for. :o

Sanook, if you want, I'll get his name and number for you -- assuming that I don't run into trouble and miss connections with him on my way out of town. It'll be a few days before I can forward them due to my flight schedule, but as soon as I'm near a wifi spot back home I'll start typing.

If you're in a hurry (or if I miss connections), exit the Nana MRT on the Soi 7 side, and start walking toward Soi 3. He has a green laser thingie that projects dot patterns on the sidewalk in front of his stand. Tonight he was in front of a storefront that sells athletic shoes (I think one of the logo signs was for Puma). I don't know if he'd be willing to give up his source or would insist on acting as a permanent middleman, but it's a start. Good luck.

Thanks all! Amazingly enough, after looking through half a dozen major hawker areas in the last few days (before I got desperate and asked here!), I ran into a street vendor just half an hour ago near Nana MRT (on the Soi 7 side) who has these shirts. I stopped to ask about a laser effects projector mounted on his stall frame, and there he was, wearing an "equalizer" design. He said he could get the space alien one by tomorrow. He mentioned that they are also available at Silom (not sure what/where that is) and MBK, but of course for much more than he'll sell me one for. :o

Sanook, if you want, I'll get his name and number for you -- assuming that I don't run into trouble and miss connections with him on my way out of town. It'll be a few days before I can forward them due to my flight schedule, but as soon as I'm near a wifi spot back home I'll start typing.

If you're in a hurry (or if I miss connections), exit the Nana MRT on the Soi 7 side, and start walking toward Soi 3. He has a green laser thingie that projects dot patterns on the sidewalk in front of his stand. Tonight he was in front of a storefront that sells athletic shoes (I think one of the logo signs was for Puma). I don't know if he'd be willing to give up his source or would insist on acting as a permanent middleman, but it's a start. Good luck.

Hi, I've seen these light-up shirts in Bangkok too. The vendor is right, you can get them in Silom (at Patpong Market or the stalls on Silom Rd), as well as at MBK and Khao San Rd. If I remember right they are 600-850 baht each, but that's at the tourist markets so you should get them cheaper elsewhere.

BTW there's a Nana BTS station, not an MRT station.