How Do You Get Around The Funds In Bank Account, For Making A Visa?

Hey all, need help or any advice would be great!

Lived in Thailand for 2years but am back home in ireland at the moment, want to take my thai gf to ireland in march until may, shes a teacher and can get a letter from the school saying shes a job to comeback too so i guess that should definetly help, but when it comes to bank account my account is only in surplus of say a 1000euro or so, same for my gf in thailand, so im worried they will think not grant a visa as i dont have large amount of cash in my account. She will be staying with my family and that and i get paid every 2weeks enough to look after her, i could get my old man to stick a lump sum in my bank account to make it look good, but surely they would get wise to this??!! Anyone have any advice on this?

The only thing i could think off was to book a ticket showing them she was only staying in ireland for say 2weeks then if shes granted the visa, change the outward ticket to fly out 2months later instead of 2weeks. Is this possible? please help cheers

If she would be staying with your family then you will need a letter of invitation from your mother or father, they could then become her sponsor and in doing so they would need to show their bank details etc, that's where the Embassy will see the money. I was in a similar situation, lived in Thailand (6yrs) and wanted to go to the Uk with the now wife to my brothers wedding, I didn't have a bank account I could show in the UK and we needed to say where we would be based, hence my parents being the sponsors. Worked for us 3 times.

You do that sun you make sure theres enough wonga to cover the stint of yer birds stay and dont let no one say you is thik for your endlis streem of drivel jus cos your thik dusnt meen you shudnt take sum bird back too the emerald I'll

Is this board's language English? :D

Seems not. :o

You do that sun you make sure theres enough wonga to cover the stint of yer birds stay and dont let no one say you is thik for your endlis streem of drivel jus cos your thik dusnt meen you shudnt take sum bird back too the emerald I'll

Is this board's language English? :o

My god I think he had to many :D

Haha,i'm sure he's just taking the piss out of the OP,his other posts seem quite edumacated.. :D Took a few times for me to understand this post though... :oLOL

Haha,i'm sure he's just taking the piss out of the OP,his other posts seem quite edumacated.. :D Took a few times for me to understand this post though... :oLOL

And I warned you many times not to post my picture :D

Have you an Irish passport ?

Then go down EU route.

I'm confused.

From his post it appears that the OP is an Irish citizen wishing to have his girlfriend visit him in Ireland.

How would the EU route apply?

Maverick19, I'm not that well versed on the Irish visa requirements, but if similar to the UK then a large amount of money is not required; simply enough to fund the visit. If you can show that you can do so from your income with the help of family, then fine.

If your family are providing financial help, they will need to provide evidence of their ability to do so.

Padding a bank account prior to a visa application will, as far as the UK is concerned, cause the visa officer to doubt if those funds are actually available.

I'm sorry, but if at the end of the day you cannot afford to pay for the visit, with help if needed, then you will have to wait until you can.

Edited by 7by7

And I warned you many times not to post my picture :D

Haha,smart chap,that Homer... :D

Dear Moderators,

This pathetic attempt at humour, and the posts that respond to it, do nothing to help the OP. Indeed, they make it harder for him to find the posts that do offer him advice.

Can they be deleted?

Have you an Irish passport ?

Then go down EU route.

but am back home in ireland at the moment,

With the limited info supplied, I would suggest he is an Irish National.

bank account my account is only in surplus of say a 1000euro or so, same for my gf in thailand,

Being paid fortnightly, as long as it a sufficient stipend, along with your reserves is enough to fulfil requirements.

shes a teacher and can get a letter from the school saying shes a job to comeback too

This will help with your reason to return and also incorporate in your sponsors letter a paragraph regarding not wishing to jeopardise future visa applications.

Don't state one period of vacation and change it later.

Don't pad your account, you have enough already.

State you have suitable accommodation.

And if still in doubt, call them, they are very accommodating and have always been more than helpful in getting my wife and daughter visa's on several occasions.

Good Luck

Moss

PS I think Birdy might have been a little Wired last night. :o

This info might help

Visa Office

Line 1:

Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service

Line 2:

13-14 Burgh Quay

Line 5:

Dublin 2

County:

Dublin

IRELAND

Opening Hours:

Mon, Wed, Fri 10.00 a.m. - 12.30 p.m.

Tel:

+ 353 (0)1 6167700

Locall:

1890 551 500

Homepage:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000015

Email:

[email protected]

And in the Uk, who I found very helpful

Embassy of Ireland

Passport and Visa Office

Montpellier House

106 Brompton Road

London

SW3 1JJ

020 7225 7700

020 7225 7778 Fax

www.dfa.ie

Does it come as any surprise that embassies of any country place strict requirements on the issuance of visas when there are morons like this around?

Must of posted the wrong thing there,sorry, thanks for the replys, since my gf is coming for 2month then reckon its best to use my parents bank accounts and say they will be looking after her while she stays in ireland, she has a letter saying she has a job to come back to at the end and shes been working there 4years so that should definetly help. One other thing: Do you have to buy the tickets first and give this in when making the visa application showing the dates of travel, would be annoying to buy the ticket then find out her visa gets turned down or is delayed but i guess thats a chance ya gotta take?!!! thanks guys

Hi,

My wife has two THAI friends visiting her here in Ireland. They got permission to remain for the full 3 months.

They have return tickets. So must your girlfriend. Tell the truth on them for the two months.

At immigration in Dublin the officer phoned me and asked me 1) Their names 2) purpose of visit 3) Exactly when they are returning 4) How they will fund themselves. 5) their address in IRELAND. 6) Their relationship to me (in your case a friend).

I would suggest your GF has your phone number to give to them and you can provide all these answers. Make sure you tell them her accomadation is free. Get her to show other proof that she will return to THAILAND.

If you marry her in the future she can apply in Bangkok for a spouse of Irish Citizen Visa. She will then apply for 3 yearly visas here and then after 3 years a passport.

Good Luck!

John

(Dublin)