Uk Government State Retirement Pension

Jezz

And remember not to tell the buggers that you are out of the UK ...

...and spend the rest of your life worrying about whether they find out.

how? there are even guys here claiming the social,which i dont by the way approve of ,but you paid for your pension ,you earned it,dont let them take it away .unless someone phones them and splits on you they wont find out.

Wait til the FULL effect of these new style biometric passports kick in........THAT's how !!!!

While they stop short of knowing what colour underwear you are wearing, they will reveal a lot more about you than you both think and would like them to know. And all at the press of a key

Also, when you say "claiming the social" what kind of social are you talking about? unemployment benifit?

Or is it a disability one thats perfectly entitled to be claimed for while the recipient is abroad?

Penkoprod

how? there are even guys here claiming the social,which i dont by the way approve of ,but you paid for your pension ,you earned it,dont let them take it away .unless someone phones them and splits on you they wont find out.

Wait til the FULL effect of these new style biometric passports kick in........THAT's how !!!!

While they stop short of knowing what colour underwear you are wearing, they will reveal a lot more about you than you both think and would like them to know. And all at the press of a key

Also, when you say "claiming the social" what kind of social are you talking about? unemployment benifit?

Or is it a disability one thats perfectly entitled to be claimed for while the recipient is abroad?

Penkoprod

I cannot imagine them ever putting all the information together, they are so bloody inefficient, which is why so many people get away with fraud. I applied for the state pension in Dec. 2007, told them I was in Thailand, married to a Thai, wanted monthly payments and claimed for my dependent wife. I sent all required documents and it was all ignored, they sent my pension info to my previos address in uk, which stated that I had told them I was not married. They also included an increment that I was not entitled to, ignored my claim for the wife and paid me weekly. When I advised them of this they very quickly removed the mistaken increment but I am still awaiting the dependant's allowance. When I recently phoned them, they asked for my address ,they would not talk to me as they had an address on their computer that I had left 10 years earlier. I have recently received a payment of 250 pounds, which I assume is the coal allowance, something else I am not entitled to.

:o

Penkoprod

as far as i know you cant claim disabilaty while living in Thailand can you?

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure how UK works but I left my pension going to US bank and it has worked out fine. It helps to have that bank when need to pay something or order something from US. Also I can schedule withdrawal for best exchange rate. I know I wouldn't want all my funds changed to TB when receive. This has worked out for me. Use a local bank to deposit funds here.

Penkoprod

In the mists of time, I seem to remember if one is AWOL longer than 14days from your usual place of residence, you are expected to inform them.

Dave