Clear And Present Danger In The Rawai Area

riley76

Please be aware that there are at least three m/c s

with two people on each. preying on late night riders of any nationality in the Rawai Area

there have been three attacks in the last week and one major attempt last night

Robbery is the name of the game, and they dont care how its effected

i understand that one attack last week, with a stabing of a foriegner and robbery,

that the people may have been caught , as they took everything, but did not get his phone

and he called the police at Chalong who I understand caught them there?

I have seen no reports of this

last night . a personal friend coming home late from her job was

nearly cornered by two M/cs trying to force her to stop she saw a car coming

and rode at it losing the pair

she is a member of the comunity police, so may have been more aware than the rest of us

I went out just after she got to her home, having told me .and I saw one pair chasing

a lone man on a bike, they were too fast for me to see what happend

as they were traveling in the other direction the people who tried to stop the women were hiding near to Dons. the pair i saw were coming from the laguna area

try and travel in pairs or a car. Many are saying it will get worse with fall in jobs ?

info i have is that they must be stalking their victims and may have another person watching a bar etc

So have a look at the night, be aware . Community police patrols have been told but these volunteer people are self funded for all things other than training and uniforms.

With flashing lights on the vehicles etc they are clearly seen, by those that wish not to be seen

We need a few Ghost patrols for sure from the Thai,s riley 76

Why does Rawai always seem to be the epicentre of these attacks? Any theories?

Almost no police patrols or police presence....

Yes, as well as it being the mecca of drunk expats that live here with no concern in the world. Easy Prey.

I have to say if I was a local, and there was fruit ripe for the picking, I would be doing it too.

There have been many threads about M/C's doing dirty deeds. I don't support it, but I understand it, and have thus stopped traveling without thinking.

todd

Edited by flamingtodd

• 5 weeks later...

I drive my little putt putt during the day and the stonking big SUV at night, even then I have had people pointing at my tyeres saying flat, flat, like you wouldn't know.

It is illegal to basically have anything here to defend yourself, the police response was to set up roadblocks at chalong circle so here is how it goe's as an english translation.

Ello Ello where are you two going yah bahed on your wave?

To Rawai

Any business there?

No

Got a helmet?

Yes

OK on your way

Never drive a bike in Rawai after dark, Don't have anything that can defend your loved ones

Get a SUV and push the gits into the jungle.

Thai lovers can slag it all you want.

she is a member of the comunity police, so may have been more aware than the rest of us

I went out just after she got to her home, having told me .and I saw one pair chasing

as they were traveling in the other direction the people who tried to stop the women were hiding near to Dons. the pair i saw were coming from the laguna area

Sorry to be so ignorant, but where is the laguna area?

In this context the poster is referring to The Laguna Bar (area) which is in Rawai toward the beach area next to the SCB branch.

Typically when people refer to the Laguna area they are talking about the northern part of the Island where a bunch of high end resorts reside, i.e. The Sheraton, The Banyan Tree. It would not make sense in this context.

Edited by huggybear

Laguna is near the center of the island, the west coast on Bang Tao Bay .

I feel very safe there, having the five , 5 star hotel complex and it's influx of money and jobs, keeps the area safer.

Of course I haven't gone out after dark in 3 years

Are you referring to the old Laguna night spot, in Nai harn next to the "pond"?

That is the old location before it moved next to the SCB bank in Rawai.

People were getting robbed down there for years.

Kids would lie down on the road and bikes would stop to see what's wrong and then people would come out of the bush and attack the bike rider.

I never go down there after dark, and the same goes for Icon club, that place is dangerous.

Of course I haven't gone out after dark in 3 years

Huh? It gets dark at 7 here. 7:30 at the latest.

When I worked for the Gazette I ran a story of a captured Rawai bandit, that dude with diamond studded teeth had mugged an American woman and some Thai girls, the muggings have a strange effect of helping promote the mega million CCTV project which of course was covered by the Gazette, Thaivisa readers who cannot afford the Gazette might not be in the know on this.

When I worked for the Gazette I ran a story of a captured Rawai bandit, that dude with diamond studded teeth had mugged an American woman and some Thai girls, the muggings have a strange effect of helping promote the mega million CCTV project which of course was covered by the Gazette, Thaivisa readers who cannot afford the Gazette might not be in the know on this.

I like the bit about the diamond studded teeth :o Maybe the local BIB pulled his teeth out to part fund the CCTV project.

Syl

tried and tested.buy a gun revolver is best,you and friend go for a drive as bait and wait for the gutless thai's to pounce,then produce your gun,line them up against nearest wall and put one round into each kneecap ,when there is about 10-20 gutless thai's limping around you will notice a sharp drop in crime.Silly me most important make sure they pull down their pant's before you kneecap them otherwise the material and powder burn may cause blood poison and amputation of limb.

tried and tested.buy a gun revolver is best,you and friend go for a drive as bait and wait for the gutless thai's to pounce,then produce your gun,line them up against nearest wall and put one round into each kneecap ,when there is about 10-20 gutless thai's limping around you will notice a sharp drop in crime.Silly me most important make sure they pull down their pant's before you kneecap them otherwise the material and powder burn may cause blood poison and amputation of limb.

genius.......................