Postal Mail Forwarding

klons

Does anyone out there use any mail forwarding service to Thailand from their native land ?

U.S. in my case. I have a residence in both countries and am now

spending extended periods of time in Thailand. Other than asking a neighbor to

pile up my mail, I am wondering about other options. The USPS will only hold

it a month or 2. Any ideas or experiences?

Does anyone out there use any mail forwarding service to Thailand from their native land ?

U.S. in my case. I have a residence in both countries and am now

spending extended periods of time in Thailand. Other than asking a neighbor to

pile up my mail, I am wondering about other options. The USPS will only hold

it a month or 2. Any ideas or experiences?

I used a Mailbox INC service in Lake Oswego, Or for lots of years, only problem I had was when a succession of farangs ran the franchise. For 4-5 years, tho, a Thai guy from Udorn picked it up and I had good service from him. He'd look through the mail and toss the "spam," ads, junk mail. He'd normally forward the mail via the USPS Global Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope:

http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mail-i...onal-prices.htm

Priority Mail International Flat Rate Options

The weight limit for the flat-rate envelope is 4 pounds.

xxxxxx

That's up to four pounds, can put a lot of magazines and such in it, cost has gone up, it's now $11.75 and normally arrives out here in Thanyaburi in 7-8 days.

FYI, the Thai guy sold out some years ago so I switched my mailing address to my sister there in LO, she now sends the same USPS GPM envelope once a month.

Go ahead, find a friend, relative, to do the mailing service. Cheaper than paying the like of Mail Box INC, also won't have to bother with the junk mail.

Mac

Try this place that I used last year. Not only do they forward your mail from the US to a Thai address but will screen it for you and only send the important stuff that you tell them to. For an extra charge, about a buck, they will scan whatever mail you think is important from the return address. They do everything via email until you want something physically forwarded.

http://www.maillinkplus.com/

LSM