Club Channels On True Tv

gennisis

Has anyone made sense of these new 'Club Channels'?

I have the platinum package with True so I get all the English Premier matches,but get annoyed that Liverpool,Man U and Chelsea get their club TV broadcast on True Sports but not Arsenal.

So,my question is ........what is different about Ch 110(Arsenal) that it is worth the extra cost,does it include Arsenal TV?

For those that have not yet heard about these new channels, this is an excerpt from the recent TrueVisions press release dated 9th January.

The main policies of TrueVisions remained unchanged but the company would concentrate more on customisation.

Yesterday, TrueVisions launched four sports channels featuring the English Premier League around the clock throughout the season. They aim to attract both new and existing customers, particularly those of the True Live Free Reviews package who make up more than a half of the total subscribers.

The channels debut tomorrow and bring the total number of sports channels to 10. They are: TrueSport Club Channel A (channel 110), C (channel 109), L (channel 107), and M (channel 106). The channel names represent the initials of the four popular football clubs: Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United, which will be their highlights.

The fees are 129 baht daily, 199 baht weekly, 399 baht monthly, and 2,699 baht per season. However, the channels will not air big matches, which are reserved for Gold and Platinum packages.

Mr Thiti expects the company to sell Live Free Reviews packages to 105,000 subscribers this year.

''We are launching four sports channels and charging various reasonable subscription fees ranging from daily to yearly. This will attract new customers, especially students,'' he said.

TrueVisions posted a net profit of 204 million baht in the first nine months of last year on revenue of 2.6 billion, compared with a net profit of 338 million baht and revenue of 2.5 billion baht in the same period of 2007.

There is no useful information on the TuueVisions site and no mention at all of the "Live Free Reviews package". This is the first I've heard of it.

When it says "the company would concentrate more on customisation" I assume that they mean more Pay TV channels.

Very interesting that TrueVisions profits dropped from 338 million baht in the first 9 months of 2008 to 204 million baht in the same period in 2009 whereas the revenue stayed roughly the same. To my simple mind that can only mean one thing, increased subscriptions soon.

I don't think it's worth trying to E-Mail Mr. Titty, and enquiries in the Truevisions offices would also be a waste of time for a few months at least until somebody has told the sales staff about the new channels.

"the channels will not air big matches", but many of the live matches over the past weekend were shown on the new channels, as well as on the normal TrueVisions channels.

If anyone finds out more info, let us all know.

For those that have not yet heard about these new channels, this is an excerpt from the recent TrueVisions press release dated 9th January.

The main policies of TrueVisions remained unchanged but the company would concentrate more on customisation.

Yesterday, TrueVisions launched four sports channels featuring the English Premier League around the clock throughout the season. They aim to attract both new and existing customers, particularly those of the True Live Free Reviews package who make up more than a half of the total subscribers.

The channels debut tomorrow and bring the total number of sports channels to 10. They are: TrueSport Club Channel A (channel 110), C (channel 109), L (channel 107), and M (channel 106). The channel names represent the initials of the four popular football clubs: Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United, which will be their highlights.

The fees are 129 baht daily, 199 baht weekly, 399 baht monthly, and 2,699 baht per season. However, the channels will not air big matches, which are reserved for Gold and Platinum packages.

Mr Thiti expects the company to sell Live Free Reviews packages to 105,000 subscribers this year.

''We are launching four sports channels and charging various reasonable subscription fees ranging from daily to yearly. This will attract new customers, especially students,'' he said.

TrueVisions posted a net profit of 204 million baht in the first nine months of last year on revenue of 2.6 billion, compared with a net profit of 338 million baht and revenue of 2.5 billion baht in the same period of 2007.

There is no useful information on the TuueVisions site and no mention at all of the "Live Free Reviews package". This is the first I've heard of it.

When it says "the company would concentrate more on customisation" I assume that they mean more Pay TV channels.

Very interesting that TrueVisions profits dropped from 338 million baht in the first 9 months of 2008 to 204 million baht in the same period in 2009 whereas the revenue stayed roughly the same. To my simple mind that can only mean one thing, increased subscriptions soon.

I don't think it's worth trying to E-Mail Mr. Titty, and enquiries in the Truevisions offices would also be a waste of time for a few months at least until somebody has told the sales staff about the new channels.

"the channels will not air big matches", but many of the live matches over the past weekend were shown on the new channels, as well as on the normal TrueVisions channels.

If anyone finds out more info, let us all know.

This is an incredibly confusing situation that only True could dream up. For years we have had bits and pieces from Man U , Chelsea and Liverpool on Ch 59 amongst others ,which have been repeated ad nauseum. Does this now mean that they will not be shown unless you pay more. Man U for example dont have many shows .How can thet fill a 24 hour cycle, impossible !!! True have also taken ,unnannounced, games on Ch 27, whats that all about ?

I believe that the extra games shown on Ch. 27 were a promotion for subscibers to the Silver package. By giving them the extra games to watch True must be hoping that the viewers subscibe to these new channels.

I also saw that each channel has been given 5 Epl teams. For example the Man U channel has Portsmouth, Newcastle, Bolton and Hull as well. Don't know what that's about.

hi, does anyone happen to know if ch106 true vision is still broadcasting any EPL matches because i do remember watching some matches on this channel... but it seems that i can only see a black screen now when i tune to this channel.

thanks!

I believe that the extra games shown on Ch. 27 were a promotion for subscibers to the Silver package. By giving them the extra games to watch True must be hoping that the viewers subscibe to these new channels.

I also saw that each channel has been given 5 Epl teams. For example the Man U channel has Portsmouth, Newcastle, Bolton and Hull as well. Don't know what that's about.

Well would be nice if True told us on screen what the hel_l is going on or are we expected to surf all the channels looking for games. Yes, I guess we are. Its an incredibly unprofessional organisation and no one at True seems to care ,like it or or lump it.

• 3 weeks later...

Having previously upgraded to Platinum to ensure I could watch every Sunderland game (often shown on Truesport Extra 1 and 2) I have now downgraded to the Gold Package as the Truevisions website now has those channels included in the Gold Package. Anyone know when this change was made? Probably going to find out the website is wrong. Never mind ... most of the Saturday night games seem to be shown again on Truesport 1 on Sundays.

Having previously upgraded to Platinum to ensure I could watch every Sunderland game (often shown on Truesport Extra 1 and 2) I have now downgraded to the Gold Package as the Truevisions website now has those channels included in the Gold Package. Anyone know when this change was made? Probably going to find out the website is wrong. Never mind ... most of the Saturday night games seem to be shown again on Truesport 1 on Sundays.

I'd be interested too as i have Platinum, only because of those 2 Channels ??

I have the Gold package and the 4 channels are still not accessable on my service. Next time I go to town I'm going to see if I can find out what's being shown on these channels. They show a lot of adverts for them, all in Thai, and all saying nothing much.

I doubt if the sales staff have any real information on them, so I might take out a week's subscription to check out for myself.

I'll let you know what I find out.

The club channels are only meant for those football fans who are the most basic of packages which dont' receive the sports channels. They can pay a small fee to have at least some football. So, no need for any of those paying for higher packages to worry about it (probably most here), the already get what will be shown on those special channels. But at least it gave reason for people to slam on True again and complain about future, non-existent new fees they'd have to pay.

This is basically what I was told when I made enquiries at TrueVisions today. In fact the lady told me that if you have the Silver, Gold, or Platinum packages then you can't subscribe to the 4 club channels anyway. She said that none of the club's own channels, e.g. MUTV are broadcast on the club channels, they are for Premier League matches only.

The 2 extra football channels that were available only to the Platinum Package subscribers are now permanently available to Gold Package users, so if anybody has Platinum just to watch the SuperSports Extra channels they may as well drop down to Gold and save themselves a few bob.

All Premier League matches are now available live on the Gold Package.