English Beer In Bangkok

daveydeeth

Does Anyone know where I can buy cans of UK beer such as Tetley's, Boddingtons, John Smith' s etc.

Have tried Central, Emporium, Foodland etc without joy

Much as I love a cold Leo with ice, some of my UK visitors are a bit set in their ways and I need to cater for them.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

You can get John Smiths in some of the British pubs, but I've never seen them in cans here.

Personnally I'm looking for some real British beer (sorry, John Smiths and Boddingtons don't come under this catagory). When there are so many imported German and Belgien bottled beers here, why doesn't anyone import any bottled real ales? You can get so many great real ales in bottles now, how come no one imports these.

What I'd do for a pint of Adnams!

A couple of pubs here say thay have real ale, but it's only going to be John Smiths and this is about as close to a real ale as a Big Mac is to Fine Dining cuisine. The Londoner is the only place that does have a real ale as they brew their own, but sadly it's just not very nice.

With all the British pubs here in Bangkok, it's strange no one is importing british beer, surely they could make a killing! I'd probably buy enough to support it alone. :o

You can get John Smiths in some of the British pubs, but I've never seen them in cans here.

Personnally I'm looking for some real British beer (sorry, John Smiths and Boddingtons don't come under this catagory). When there are so many imported German and Belgien bottled beers here, why doesn't anyone import any bottled real ales? You can get so many great real ales in bottles now, how come no one imports these.

A couple of pubs here say thay have real ale, but it's only going to be John Smiths and this is about as close to a real ale as a Big Mac is to Fine Dining cuisine. The Londoner is the only place that does have a real ale as they brew their own, but sadly it's just not very nice.

With all the British pubs here in Bangkok, it's strange no one is importing british beer, surely they could make a killing! I'd probably buy enough to support it alone. :o

Is Fullers a "real" ale?

Edited by OriginalPoster

Does Anyone know where I can buy cans of UK beer such as Tetley's, Boddingtons, John Smith' s etc.

Much as I love a cold Leo with ice, some of my UK visitors are a bit set in their ways and I need to cater for them.

Thanks

We import British, Australian and French beers, currently the beers available through us are:

London Pride cans and bottles

Tetley's Smoothflow on draught, cans arriving around mid to late April

Westons Ciders on draught and in bottles

John Smith's and Newcastle Brown Ale are no longer available in Thailand, although there may be some small stocks still out and about. The can and bottled products will be available in supermarkets hopefully from around May this year. We hope to import London Pride on draught later this year, please check on our website for details of new products and arrival dates during the year - www.fluidasiapacific.com or e-mail [email protected] for more details on availability. We can supply bottles and canned beers direct by the case.

Thanks

• 5 months later...

There is now Beer Laos available in Bkk and possibly many other places now But even though that beer is possibly one of the best in the world - TRY the DARK BEER. I need to know where to get it also ??

It is in my opinion nearly the same as an old Whitbread Forrest Brown Ale - Wonderful drink.

nest time I am in Vientianne- March , I will buy a few cases unless someone knows if its sold here somewhere.

• 1 year later...

Thanks

We import British, Australian and French beers, currently the beers available through us are:

London Pride cans and bottles

Tetley's Smoothflow on draught, cans arriving around mid to late April

Westons Ciders on draught and in bottles

John Smith's and Newcastle Brown Ale are no longer available in Thailand, although there may be some small stocks still out and about. The can and bottled products will be available in supermarkets hopefully from around May this year. We hope to import London Pride on draught later this year, please check on our website for details of new products and arrival dates during the year - www.fluidasiapacific.com or e-mail [email protected] for more details on availability. We can supply bottles and canned beers direct by the case.

Thanks

London Pride?? :o

Mate why not import a decent beer?

How about Deuchars IPA.....Ruddles County....Old Peculiar......many more than that all better than London's worst beer....you might as well be selling Toby bitter.

So many better...sigh.....!

Is Fullers a "real" ale?

It's as good as it gets :burp:

Funny you should be asking about Fullers as I have just been talking to them in the UK about where to buy cans of Pride. The told me a new outfit is distributing their products who go by the name of Paulaner in BKK. I have emailed them but nothing back so far which does not bode well.

You can get Marstons Pedigree in Tops, maybe not all Tops but certainly in my local branch on Ratchada. Decent beer, and the only English real ale I've seen in the shops. Can't remember the price, about B130 I think. The Australian ale Coopers isn't too bad either and pretty widely available in Bangkok. I've also seen Murphys, in Central Chitlom I think.

Do what I do, make your own. As they say, if you want something done right (especially in LOS, do it yourself) :D

I've seen different varieties of ales, and various imports, at both the Villa Market on Suk Soi 11 and the Tops Market in the Robinson's center basement at Suk Soi 19... It sounded like the OP was looking to buy to bring home vs. out in a pub....