Need Info How To Obtain A Visa For My Son To Live With Me In The Uk?

Hi everyone,i just wonder if anyone could help me? I'm originally from thailand but now i'm living in london with my partner(english) and i got a leave to remain visa,we are planning to get my son over here next year. I just wondered if anybody knows what visa my son would require to come & join me in the UK??????

i would appreciate it if anybody could help

Numpty

Hi everyone,i just wonder if anyone could help me? I'm originally from thailand but now i'm living in london with my partner(english) and i got a leave to remain visa,we are planning to get my son over here next year. I just wondered if anybody knows what visa my son would require to come & join me in the UK??????

i would appreciate it if anybody could help

Numpty

How old is your son? If he is under 18, do you have sole legal responsibility for him? BTW he would need a VAF4 settlement visa.

You might like to have a look at this info.

Edited by CharlieB

I assume that your son is under 18, that you have sole legal custody (or the father is dead) and that you can adequately support and accommodate him in the UK. If the answer to any of those three is "No" then forget it.

See also Chapter 14 - Settlement entry for children. You should pay particular attention to Para 14.5 Sole Responsibility. This aspect is where many applications for a child settlement visa fail.

Having sole legal custody is not enough, you must also show that you have been financially supporting the child, in regular and frequent contact with him and taking all the important decisions regarding his life, schooling etc.

Who is he living with at present? If his father or his father's family then you will find it very difficult. Joint responsibility does not satisfy the rules, you and you alone must be exercising sole responsibility over him.

The older the child is and the longer the period of separation the more difficult it will be to prove sole responsibility.

Good luck with this, and remember that thorough preparation is the key.

Edited by 7by7