F&b Jobs For Farangs?

What happened with the F&B jobs for farangs?

There used to be the days that European chefs were preaised here

what happened it is almost impossible as a farang chef here to find a job nowedays?

or am I looking in the wrong spots maybe?

Not really my industry but I can tell you a customer of ours, a French guy seems (from what I know) a very good chef and he has been looking for work in Thailand for the last 12 months after the company he worked for before went BUMP!. He got himself about 3 interviews all under paid. He did explained that there was more work in the higher end hotels on the Islands.

Good luck mate.

yeah and when you say underpaid it is weird?

cause it is realy underpaid compared to the money an executive chef would make in Europe the money offered here to this management position is ..... waw I dont even know what word to use

And yes I have lived 9 years in Thailand now so I know the standard of living here.

cause it is realy underpaid compared to the money an executive chef would make in Europe the money offered here to this management position is ..... waw I dont even know what word to use

And yes I have lived 9 years in Thailand now so I know the standard of living here.

How much would you be looking for? A Thai Ex. Chef with loads of international experience working for me gets 120k/month + 2 months performance related bonus. If you are looking for more than this your only chance is 5-star hotels.

Edited by jrbkk64

How much would you be looking for? A Thai Ex. Chef with loads of international experience working for me gets 120k/month + 2 months performance related bonus. If you are looking for more than this your only chance is 5-star hotels.

If you have a quick look at http://th.jobsdb.com/TH/EN/Job.asp?R=JDBT082153212 you will see a F&B job for an expat working for the minor group