Scrap Yard In Phuket For Old Cars

markg

I need a couple of metres of the webbing material that they make car seat belts from.

One from a scraped car would be just fine.

Are there any scrap yards in Phuket?

If not, does anyone know where i can buy the material from?

I tried a sofa manufacturing shop but they only had it in about 1 inch widths which is too narrow for me.

I've also seen it at Rolly Taskers boat supply shop but its very very expensive.

Any ideas?

Thepsakantri road, from Toyota pearl drive into Phuket town about 2 km at left hand side.

MC

I couldnt find it. I asked loads of people and got directed to "arai rot" shops which are car parts shops. Some of the stuff is second hand but most is new. There are two shops opposite each other, on Thepsakantri road - go past Satri Phuket school going away from Phuket town and they are a couple of kilometres up there (heading north towards the airport)

They werent really what i m looking for.

I'm looking for a scrap yard - a place where completely wrecked cars go. Not just old and dead cars, but cars that have been totalled in a car accident and cant be reasonably repaired. There must be somewhere like this in the province?

Anyway, i managed to find a couple of builders' utility belts at the market which i can adapt and have stiched up to make the required 1metre long length of webbing that i need.

I'm looking for a scrap yard - a place where completely wrecked cars go. Not just old and dead cars, but cars that have been totalled in a car accident and cant be reasonably repaired. There must be somewhere like this in the province?

Is there such a beastie in Thailand ?? :o

I also looked for yards without results.. So will be interested if you do turn one up.

I can't recall ever seeing a car scrap yard in Thailand, other than in police station yards. I do see a lot of total wrecks being recycled in car repairs garages. Really nothing goes to waste (down to plastic bottles & beer cans) in Asian countries, unlike the western throw away societies .... :o

Theres some on the south western side of bangkok.. I know a mechanic who drives up to get parts sometimes..

Never known of any here tho, considering the Thais desire to monetize everything, and thier ability to repair vehicles that would never see the light of day again if there were real safety tests, its surprising theres not a more formalised or accessible parts trade.