Recession? Depression? Part Ii

jcon

While gassing up with a friend, ran into an acquaintance at the local petrol station on Petchburi near Thonglor... this beast pulled up to my right as we were filling up... ROAR!

Apparently, he has slept through the global financial crisis and has dropped 36 MILLION THB on a nice new car.... "good on you", I said ('holy ^$%^%{:content:}amp;$ shit!,' I was thinking) I guess some people are just freakin rich... good for them.... to his credit he's not just some fool with a nice car... he takes this thing on the track and is very into his cars (and also drives it on BKK's roads, which blows my mind).

Here she is (a Murcielago (remember The Dark Knight?...) , the big brother of the Gallardo I posted in "Recession? Depression? Part I - what's with the Lambos that I keep running into??!?!):

Front

lambofrontym1.th.jpg

Backside

lambobacked5.th.jpg

Me in my ninja hood

lamboinsideci7.th.jpg

I tell you, firing up that V12 and revving it up, hearing it right behind your head, I mean really literally right there behind you... mmm... I swear I'd chose that over sex on some days... well, maybe after sex... or maybe sex while revving it up at the same time, yeah that's it... :o

• 4 weeks later...

I decided not to bore the members by making a "Part III" thread...

But just wanted to post some more pics of some beautiful cars whose owners are clearly still flush with cash in these tough times...

I just saw an AUDI R8 (drool) at Bangkok Hospital Petchburi Rd, white color, and I didn't have my camera... but wow, it was so pretty... that's an awesome motor....

But here are 2 cars I saw within 2 minutes of each other.

ANOTHER Murcielago :o :

dsc03935mh7.th.jpg

And a nice 911 Carrera 4S (*&^(*&(&%{:content:}amp;*$*$!!!!!!!):

dsc03934jo7.th.jpg

Now I would usually prefer the beautiful Swede next to the German above, but I gotta say the German is a beauty... (But I still choose the Swede - maybe cuz she's mine :D )

While gassing up with a friend, ran into an acquaintance at the local petrol station on Petchburi near Thonglor... this beast pulled up to my right as we were filling up... ROAR!

Wowzers!

Driving that around Bangkok must be a challenge with its non-existent ground clearance.

That Porsche driver can't park for sh1t! When they do that I pull in normally so they have to get in the other side or wait till I am gone! :D

Yeah and you know what? There was a lady there trying to save 2 spaces for the Porsche - so he could hog them both and park in the middle - keep in mind this was SATURDAY AFTERNOON AT SIAM SQAURE... hogging 2 spaces?! I think the owner of the Porsche was the owner of the shophouse in front of the parking space, but either way c'mon, parking is public property. So after some smiling and winking to the lady, and some "nah, nah, nah ja"s she caved and said "Ok, but can you please park a little bit to the right to make room for the coming car?" I thought a freaking Hummer was coming in, to need so much space, but then it was just the Carrera...

Crash999 - did you know many of the bumpers on the expensive sports cars are actually fiberglass moulds? I have a friend who makes the moulds and he says his clients come in, have him make copies of the real bumpers, and then install the fiberglass ones because inevitably they will get scratched up... I asked what then do the owners do with the originals, and he said "Keep them at home!" :o And I think that to make the mould you even have to strip the paint first, so all in all, I think the super rich are just a little nutty!!!

I still can't believe the R8 I saw... it was an MTM modified R8 too... I literally drooled.

In partial defense of sportscar owners it is the norm for them to do the - two parking spaces. Usually because you'll get some numpty opening their doors, pushing the shopping etc and clouting your car. Also, given the fact that sports cars are a bit bigger than ordinary ones (usually) is another reason.

What I do (If I take the skyline out) is normally go shopping during the week and park the furtherst away from the store and think of the long walk as excercise :D

But seeing the cool cars in Bangkok is great.

Using them in the greater areas of Bangkok is best, that way in the silent hours you can take them out and really give them some stick :D

I know in the provinces you'll see the occasional prelude and merc coupe and that's about it. Oh and a ton of bodykit hero's on their Honda Civics! :o

The fibreglass thing is a new one on me. But I guess come selling time they re-fit the original :D

Edited by JimsKnight