Japanese Toxin Foot Pad's- Advice/experiance Please

ourmaninbangers

last night I tried a new product from japan call katakura, or something like that

it did involves the place of a sort of small pad on the bottom of ones foot held in place by sticky tape

the box said it can suck all the toxins out of ones body using 'wood vinegar: and had won all sorts of awards in japan

it said the pad must be left for 8 hours or more and the colour would show where my body held the most toxins

in the morning it was yuky, dripping with stuff

is this for real? has anyone any info on this product, experiences, or similar

how about the new foot baths that claim Simenon

many thanks

ingrid

The pads that you speak of sound an awful lot like Kinoki Foot Pads. They have been marketed in the US and have been roundly seen as a total scam.

More info here: ABC News.com: Ridding Yourself of Toxins, or Money?

These type of products make the user think they are working because of the "Placebo Effect". The placebo effect is the measurable, observable, or felt improvement in health or behavior not attributable to a medication or invasive treatment that has been administered.

A placebo (Latin for "I shall please") is a pharmacologically inert substance (such as saline solution or a starch tablet) that produces an effect similar to what would be expected of a pharmacologically active substance (such as an antibiotic). -The Skeptics Dictionary.