Etihad Airways

Westerner

Last year I travelled with Etihad Airways, Pearl Business Class, and at Suvarnabhumi airport I was given a pass for the Orchid Lounge, which was OK but nothing special.

I will be travelling again with Etihad in a few weeks time, and have seen on their website that the lounge I should use at Suvarnabhumi is SKY.

Does anyone know which is the better lounge? If they give me a pass for Orchid I don't want to insist on one for SKY if it's no better.

Thanks.

W

I fly Etihad Business Class round trip almost every month on the AUH - BKK route, will be going again on the 15th. When I first started, we used the "Oil/petroleum" lounge (over by the "G" wing [me thinks] at Suvarnabhumi but that changed early last year or late the year before to the Royal Orchid Lounge. The "Oil/petroleum" lounge was nicer in the food/snacks aspect but the Royal Orchid has better accomodations/facilities. I do not know of the "Sky" lounge as an option. There are two Royal Orchid lounges - opposite of each other in the "E" wing where Etihad departures board - so which one did you use? I always use the one on the left as you approach the security check. Also, last time through I was given a VIP pass for immigration.

Eric

Hi Westerner,

I am in a very similar position as Pseacraft reply, flying Etihad Bkk-AUh-Bkk return each month and can confirm that to date it is exactly as Pseacraft commented.

I have not heard about SKY lounge either and when I last came through (14th Jan) I was directed to Royal Orchid lounge (either one) at E aisle.

And yes, again similar to Pseacraft experience, I was given a fast track card to by-pass all the queues at PP control and was through in 2 minutes. I believe this fast track is also available for arrivals into Bangkok so the Passport controller informed me.

Hope this helps....................... :o RayBan

Hi Westerner,

I am in a very similar position as Pseacraft reply, flying Etihad Bkk-AUh-Bkk return each month and can confirm that to date it is exactly as Pseacraft commented.

I have not heard about SKY lounge either and when I last came through (14th Jan) I was directed to Royal Orchid lounge (either one) at E aisle.

And yes, again similar to Pseacraft experience, I was given a fast track card to by-pass all the queues at PP control and was through in 2 minutes. I believe this fast track is also available for arrivals into Bangkok so the Passport controller informed me.

Hi Westerner,

Hi,

I just arrived yesterday in Bangkok and i can confirm it's very good to use this fast track.

Pseacraft,

I'll be flying Etihad business class first time after flying Qatar business many times and Etihad economy on last trip.

Can you tell us how it good Etihad is in business?

I did get an upgrade to first on one leg of my last return to BKK, it was super super :o

Thanks