What To Do In Nakhon Si Tamarat?

stevehaigh

hi

what's happing in Nakhon over the next few days, jan 21-24? any concerts, festivals, great sights to see? i'm not at all familiar but thought i should check it out on my way back from the border run

thx steve

Tescos should be open. Thats about as exciting as it gets

can't wait, the toothpaste and shampoo isle is my favourite!

can't believe there's nothing there? any clubs with live (thai) music maybe?

Laem Talum Puk seemed like nothing when I visited it, but it sticks out in my memory and I would love to go there again.

Great oysters, squalid village. It is just an interesting place, to me; something about the typhoon driven wave that wiped the village out, in the 60's?

It is soooo non touristy.

Google earth the area and you can see the shrimp farms that are wiping out the mangrove forests there, and for miles and miles and miles along the coast.

If you want a 'cultural' experience.... Laem Talumpuk

NST has some of the best quality silver jewellery and neilo work, if you like shopping?

I can tell you where to get a great massage if you PM me.

post-63625-1232509023_thumb.jpg

post-63625-1232509072_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

'Don't know whether you're interested, but there are swiftlet condominiums (who'd have thought?). Nakhon Si Thammarat is one of the most ancient cities in Thailand and also the place where Buddhism was introduced to the country, so if you're interested in Buddhism or any of the associated amulets, (including the now less-than-fashionable Jatukam) the temple is the place to go. Khun Phan, the famous psychic police chief's body laid in state at the temple for 6 months until being cremated(?) in February, 2007. It is one of the most famous temples in Thailand, but I can't remember the name of it, sorry. There are also the relics of the ancient city wall, built in the 1200's to see.

I haven't spent enough time there to take a good look at the city yet, I've only spent a couple of days there, but I think Nakhon Si Thammarat is very nice, I'll revisit there when I get the chance.

Nakhon Si Thammarat is a nice place, I go there once a week to do my "big shoppinh", as it is only some 45 minutes drive from my home in Sichon.

For more info about Nakhon Si Thammarat you can visit this website:

Everything In Nakhon

Also visit this link if you want to know more about the nice beaches in Sichon, officially rated 4.5 Stars:

Sichon Info

If you would like some excitement and spices in your life. The main temple there has a pure 100% gold tip that weight cant remember the kilos weight, located on top of pointed chedi. You could see it from far.

Try climbing and removing it. You will be surprise to have all the local citizens and police chasing you down. That will be fun for your border run adventure.

Ol rite, just kidding.

Happy trip with your border run, mate.