Question About Korean Bbq Grill

dave9988

when i clean the grill it looks like the coloring (silver) is starting to come off. this happened to the last one i bought and i just tossed it out, but that was only a few months ago. so now, as its happening again, i am just wondering if maybe it is not reason to discard this one too. i am not sure if there is a health risk or what exactly is coming off.

thanks.

when i clean the grill it looks like the coloring (silver) is starting to come off. this happened to the last one i bought and i just tossed it out, but that was only a few months ago. so now, as its happening again, i am just wondering if maybe it is not reason to discard this one too. i am not sure if there is a health risk or what exactly is coming off.

thanks.

toss it, no metalurgy expert by any means, but flaking-off non-stick coatings can't be good for you.

Agreed ^^^, although if it is the Teflon it's pretty inert and not likely to harm you as it passes (very slippily) through.

Next time, get the grill that is solid brass (sort of), no coating to flake off.

although if it is the Teflon it's pretty inert and not likely to harm you as it passes (very slippily) through.

At least if you swallow some teflon you will not suffer from constipation for a while... :o

By the sounds if it (silver)...its most likely a poor/cheap chrome/nickel job and you dont want to be ingesting that, so dump it