Restaurant Recommendations

bkkjames

Hi Pattaya Pros:

Mrs and I are coming this weekend and staying in Naklua area.

Would like your choices for 'good quality food' in this area. Both are open to any type of food, as long as its good. Don't really want to be running across to walking street or jomtien so was wondering if there are any little gems in this part of the city.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions,

James

Hi Pattaya Pros:

Would like your choices for 'good quality food' in this area. Both are open to any type of food, as long as its good. Don't really want to be running across to walking street or jomtien so was wondering if there are any little gems in this part of the city.

James

For good quality Italian, head for Grappa (part of the Woodlands Resort).. A little way down Naklua Soi 20 I think, near the dolphin roundabout.. spot on and reasonably priced..

Hi Pattaya Pros:

James

For good quality Italian, head for Grappa (part of the Woodlands Resort).. A little way down Naklua Soi 20 I think, near the dolphin roundabout.. spot on and reasonably priced..

thanks for the tip!

I have lived here 2 years now and I go out every night, so here is the hot-list.....

#1 MumAroi - take a bathbus and say "Mum-Aroy Soi 4" and he will take you to the end of Naklua road to a fantastic restaurant right on the beach with some of the best Thai food Pattaya has to offer

#2 Mantra - Go down to the roundabout where Amari hotel is, and walk a bit down to their Mantra restaurant at the corner of Beach Road - this is the most upscale place in Pattaya with 6 different kitchens and great food

#4 Mama Duck - Opposite Woodland and a bit up the road is a little place with a german hand-written sign outside. It looks like a crappy little restaurant with tables setup all the way out to the street, but the food is awsome and its almost always full

#5 Across from Woodland is World Sports Restaurant, they got a good range of foods and make great Thaifood also.

These are the places I usually go.

As an Englishman recommending a German restaurant you must believe me this place is good:

Bei Gerhard on Naklua Road next to Soi 33

Gerhard's has recently moved to Soi 16/2. A second recommendation for an Englishman

Thanks for the heads-up about the move.

A re-visit from me & the Mrs. is well overdue......

I have lived here 2 years now and I go out every night, so here is the hot-list.....

#1 MumAroi - take a bathbus and say "Mum-Aroy Soi 4" and he will take you to the end of Naklua road to a fantastic restaurant right on the beach with some of the best Thai food Pattaya has to offer

#2 Mantra - Go down to the roundabout where Amari hotel is, and walk a bit down to their Mantra restaurant at the corner of Beach Road - this is the most upscale place in Pattaya with 6 different kitchens and great food

#4 Mama Duck - Opposite Woodland and a bit up the road is a little place with a german hand-written sign outside. It looks like a crappy little restaurant with tables setup all the way out to the street, but the food is awsome and its almost always full

#5 Across from Woodland is World Sports Restaurant, they got a good range of foods and make great Thaifood also.

These are the places I usually go.

Just as a follow-up, the Mrs and I made it to number 1 on this list on Saturday night. Overall, rate it 9/10 for the food: excellent seafood!

This is a big restaurant that is very popular with Thais, Chinese tourists from what I can tell. I am sure it seats 1000 people.

Ambience 6.5 /10, yes it's on the beach but not the kind of place you take a date and share a bottle of wine and dine for a couple of hours for the above reasons.

Service:

Considering the hustle and bustle, our server was excellent. 8.5/10

We took the baht bus too the restaurant without any complications, getting back however can be a bit of challenge because it's not the busiest area of the city and from what we experienced, baht buses were few and far between.

Thanks to all that gave their input.

There's also a Mum Aroy on Third road at the stop light halfway between North and Central roads (there's one in Sri Racha, too). Same good food--only open in the evenings.

It is good food, but it is getting very hard to dodge the bullets on third road!

bkkjames - do they have live music? If so is it too loud or OK?

yes they did in fact, although my back was to them, it was a local band doing covers of pop hits and the like. as for the volume, we were reasonably far away from the stage so it wasn't that bad (the volume I mean). :o

I must say, in terms of value for money, very good considering the high quality fare (order the deep fried sea bass in soy!)