Where To Watch 6 Nations Rugby

Hi folks

Any suggestions on good venues to watch 6 nations rugby in February? I'll be based in Maenam but suggestions anywhere appreciated.

Cheers, Somchai

Close to you is a place called the Lazy Coconut on the ring road. I think they advertise being a sports bar and look to be run by Brits (from a Yanks perspective anyway) so they could have it. If not, the Premier Sports Bar in Bangrak across from Samui Mermaid has several sat tv systems and can surely show it. And I would think PFC down on Soi Reggae would have it. Which reminds me of another big game in February...hmmm.

I don't suppose UBC would dare to show a little rugby .

Because ESPN Thailand no longer have the Premier League football (now on Truesports) the Truevisions (UBC) website is currently showing full live coverage on ESPN/STAR channels of the Six Nations. Assuming there are no changes to the scheduling , expect to see rugby AND football in most of the multi-satelite ferang owned bars , certainly in Chaweng at Murphy's , Islander , Black Jack , PFC , Sportsman ........

Morning, Re Rugby 6 Nations, Outback bar Lamai, on the corner of soi to the beach, or Red Fox down walking street.

Boh Phut/ Steve's pub,......main drag

Chaweng / Sportsman /Tropical M...../ Main drag

Enjoy!!!

Hi folks

Any suggestions on good venues to watch 6 nations rugby in February? I'll be based in Maenam but suggestions anywhere appreciated.

Cheers, Somchai

• 1 year later...

They showed it live last year, but can't find it anywhere on today's listings. Seems the only matches will be the French ones on the French channel.

I enquired and got this reply

""Dear Khun James,

Please be informed that we have not secured the right for 6 nations rugby games.

We are so grateful for your trust in our service and support us all time. Write us again whenever we can be of further help to you. Please contact us at 02-7252525 or [email protected]"

They probably are not making enough money to secure this event and are opting for repeats of last years Asian Games and ping pong .

Hi folks

Cheers, Somchai

Close to you is a place called the Lazy Coconut on the ring road. I think they advertise being a sports bar and look to be run by Brits (from a Yanks perspective anyway) so they could have it. If not, the Premier Sports Bar in Bangrak across from Samui Mermaid has several sat tv systems and can surely show it. And I would think PFC down on Soi Reggae would have it. Which reminds me of another big game in February...hmmm.

Not sure if PFC is still open.

They showed it live last year, but can't find it anywhere on today's listings. Seems the only matches will be the French ones on the French channel.

The games are being shown live on Astro Malaysia and Supersport South Africa but not Truevisions, so any bars with those systems will have it on .

The England V Wales game is showing on Astrosport so tune into SamuiCable at midnight and you'll get it for sure if you cant be bothered to go out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just got setanta also - the free preview worked fine but once i get it either the video fails entirely or the streaming is extremely jerky (my internet speed is more than fast enough). Looks like they have not got enough bandwidth to handle the demand. Their customer service also ignore all my emails. My first impression is definitely do NOT waste your money on setanta asia