Private School Getting Wp For Non Degree'd Teacher (me).

Yimmy

Hey, I'm looking for info on what my Private school in BKK has to do to get me a WP and non-B when I don't have a BA.

I taught for 2 years in Chiang Mai, the government school suggested I get a life experience degree, which I did, and I had everything set up using that. (WP, Non-B, tax number, application/receipt for TL etc.).

I moved to BKK to a Private school through an agent, BKK Imm. couldn't verify the Uni through a quick check so they said they needed a letter from the Uni to ensure it exists. So I've been on visa runs this year.

The Private School is making me Head Teacher next year without the agent, and I'm the most valued member of their foreign staff. So what can be done about them being able to get me a WP etc. without the degree?

I've heard that a school can supply a letter saying that the 'teacher is the best in the world, the school couldn't function without them, and that Buddha shines out of their....'. And they can be exempt from needing a BA.

I've also heard that this is only with government schools, and not Private schools (my one is one of the top christian schools in BKK).

so does anybody know what the school would have to supply the DoI, MoL and the MoE for me to get a WP etc? (besides a lunch box full of money)

Thanks.

Edited by Yimmy

From Ajarn:

For any teachers possessing a High School Diploma (or less) but NO Bachelor Degree.

1) A letter from the school you currently teach at -

a) stating how long you have been teaching there.

:o signed by The Principal

c) stating that the school does not have the budget to hire qualified teachers, as they demand a much higher salary.

d) stating that you are a fantastic teacher and the world as we know it would simply stop spinning if the school lost you, so please, please. please (with sugar on top) give this foreign teacher a teachers licence.

http://ajarn.com/Banter/rulesandregulations.htm

Thanks. That's for the TL. Just under that paragraph it says this:

This process for private schools only was streamlined in anticipation of the new Teachers’ Licensing regulations on March 5th, 2008. That is the date that OPEC sent a memo to all private schools nationwide allowing the private schools themselves to “appoint a foreign national as a teacher or officer” of the private school. This letter, issued by the private schools themselves, will now be given to immigration in lieu of that easily obtained “Teachers’ License” in the Non-Imm acquisition process.

So a private school just needs to give that letter in lieu of the TL when applying for the non-B.

But applying for the non-B and WP. What is needed in lieu of a BA?

Thanks.

Why don't you get the letter from the life experience outfit. it's what they do. most will send you one free. some will charge $20 dollars. you should have got one in the pack, undated that you date and hand over. Don't forget to fold it letter style :o

Thanks. That's for the TL. Just under that paragraph it says this:
This process for private schools only was streamlined in anticipation of the new Teachers’ Licensing regulations on March 5th, 2008. That is the date that OPEC sent a memo to all private schools nationwide allowing the private schools themselves to “appoint a foreign national as a teacher or officer” of the private school. This letter, issued by the private schools themselves, will now be given to immigration in lieu of that easily obtained “Teachers’ License” in the Non-Imm acquisition process.

So a private school just needs to give that letter in lieu of the TL when applying for the non-B.

But applying for the non-B and WP. What is needed in lieu of a BA?

Thanks.

You are correct but a director's letter is also the requirement for the labour office for a wp.

Why don't you get the letter from the life experience outfit.

The Thai school that organised it still has all the contact details for the fake degree company.

You are correct but a director's letter is also the requirement for the labour office for a wp.

In lieu of a BA?

Yimmy. they are making YOU headmaster. And yet you haven't got the smarts to look on your degree and then do a google search for the contact details. and Yimmy they aren't false degrees they are life experience degrees, a subtle difference but a difference.

Jesus wept. At a 'Christian' school yet!!!
But, he will be headmaster there because without a real uni degree, he is the most valued member of their foreign staff, at one of the top christian schools in BKK. Imagine the new headmaster who is least valued member at the worst Christian school.....even John Mark Karr had a real university degree, and he was at a Christian school in Bangkok.

Phd in education??

I am sure that should read PhD. As in Doctorate. Good point nontheless TerryLH. But that aside.

It frightens me how many Non-Qualified Teachers there are attempting to teach in South East Asia. Those that lack formal education and qualifications should go and do three years of study at a "Real University". Learn to Read, Write and Speak English WELL! before they teach unsuspecting school students with their lack of knowledge in the Universal Language, that is English.

I teach and have a B/A from the University of Queensland Australia....its a Sandstone University in St. Lucia Brisbane, it is recognised worldwide as a great research and teaching Institution. While there are other Grand Universities elswhere, the Australia standard of Education is a broad and well-rounded pedagogic discourse. All comments favourable or not welcomed.

Yours in the pursuit of better communication linked to key outcomes in Education. TerryM

I have that feeling that this topic is headed downhill; which is a feeling I sometimes get when someone educated at a "Grand University" starts capitalising German-style and using bureaucratese like 'key outcomes' in an off-topic manner. Since the teaching subforum is supposed to be pro-teacher, and this thread makes it awfully hard to remain so, I am closing it now.