Udon Thani Taxi Service

Sapillyder

Thank you Maxjay, I'll drop them a line and let everyone know the result. Re K.K. the travel distance and time from Khon Kaen to Kham Muang is significantly longer than from Udon Thani, (I've driven it often), but would certainly be closer if I was going to Kalasin City itself.

I think it would be closer and easier to fly into Khon Kaen but...:

@here Travel

[email protected].

042-244-305

Or:

On Time NE Co. Ltd

539/72 Phosri Road

Udornthani

Tel 042-247-792

[email protected]

Well I tried the e-mails and didn't get a reply so I called and both agents were very nice and helpful but neither had any leads on taxis or private car services. One referred me to a passenger van (Rot Dtoo) service company that could do the job but they wanted 1,800 baht for the day day plus petrol. Not bad for 24 hours with a driver on call but rather more than I was looking to pay for a 90 minute journey. I had in mind about 1,200 max.

But surely there's something out there for situations like this in a city the size of Udon - if not then some enterprising individual should think about buying the wife a second hand car and employing the out-of-work brother to drive it.

The clock's ticking and I still need to find a logistic solution or else it's the bus and three hours on a dusty road.

Well I tried the e-mails and didn't get a reply so I called and both agents were very nice and helpful but neither had any leads on taxis or private car services. One referred me to a passenger van (Rot Dtoo) service company that could do the job but they wanted 1,800 baht for the day day plus petrol. Not bad for 24 hours with a driver on call but rather more than I was looking to pay for a 90 minute journey. I had in mind about 1,200 max.

But surely there's something out there for situations like this in a city the size of Udon - if not then some enterprising individual should think about buying the wife a second hand car and employing the out-of-work brother to drive it.

The clock's ticking and I still need to find a logistic solution or else it's the bus and three hours on a dusty road.

Is your arrival at Udorn relatively early in the day, say before noon? If so, just go out to the parking lot and ask most any pickup truck driver if he'll make the run for baht 1,200 plus fuel. Bet many would, or would call or wave down a friend.

Mac

Try these numbers for the limo service that goes to Nong Kai from the airport. Member got them from a sign recently.

PH

01-5443622

01-9658618

I hear what you say about Udon airport being a better starting point, but if all else fails there is a taxi service from Khon Kaen airport. You book at the desk in arrivals. I paid about 900 baht for a saloon for a trip of about 65km (one way distance). A van is about 1200 baht. Of course the downside is that Air Asia to Udon is a lot cheaper than Thai air to KK.

Yes, there is Taxis service, but is on the expense side, you might be better off renting a car/or car and driver. Lek car rental (042 242 587) or 086 0593028 may be a good place to check out. You might also want to go to this web site: www.udonmap.com There are many major hotels on this site offering Taxis service/rental service/pick up and return to airport etc etc, for a HEFTY FEE for sure. Good Luck hope you have a great/safe trip. :o

Edited by BigSnake

• 1 year later...

hello everyone. i am in udon thani before 10 days. i want to visit my gf family. i have to go to bandung. before i search internet i cant find taxi service in udon. when i go udon airport my gf find a taxi. i take his card. he take me to bandung and wait me 2 days and than take back to airport again for 2500 baht. he is very good man. i am giving his number but he cant speak english. someone who speak thai have to call him for you. he have a taxi meter not private car. 080-0101354. and second number 089-4492386

Edited by cihan

Recently spent a week in Udon, used taxi's often, good and reliable.

The phone-in service also good, adds 30B to the meter fare.

When in town, the best pick-up point was the main bus station near Central...............Ignore the dirty looks from the Tuk Tuk brigade!