Penang Counsalate Accept Time

Please inform to me all

I plan to go to penang by airasia

If I reach at penang on 10:30AM by airasia, Can I go to counsalate thai by taxi from airport? until what time does counsalate accepet passport ?

If until 2PM, I will have much time, but if until 12PM, I have little time,

because if airplane go slowly

They close at 12:00 so you will not have much time. You can take a taxi direct from airport and have him wait for you but don't know what that will cost extra. Also you will have to have local currency to pay for your visa.

You might be able to use a visa service in Georgetown and pay overtime charges if you are too late to make the 12 cutoff and need the visa the next day but I am not sure of that as conditions change from time to time.

you won't make on time with AirAsia many people have done it before you.

source

If you need to renew your visa, go to Penang by airplane on Tuesday. Visit the Thai embassy in the morning on Wednesday (9:00 - 12:00) to fill out the application form. On Thursday you visit the Thai embassy on afternoon (14:00 - 16:00) to pick up your visa. These are the rules and procedures at the Thai embassy Penang.

Be aware of Public Holidays in Thailand - The Thai embassy in Penang will close too. (If the holiday is during the weekend, expect the embassy to be closed on Monday.)

taxi to/from airport (Penang) and Georgetown 250 baht, budget hotel at 800 baht/night and high end hotel with all facilities at 1600 baht/night.

what do u mean on above sentence?

He means that other people have tried to get to the Consulate before 12pm after flying into Penang and have not made it in time. Best to follow the advise above and plan on a 2 night stay in Georgetown.

On time flight arrives 10:30. Takes 5-10 minutes to gate. Takes 5-10 minutes to deplane. Takes 15-30 minutes to clear immigration. Takes 5 minutes to obtain local money. Takes five minutes to get taxi. Takes 10 minutes to fill out visa form at Consulate. Not a whole lot of extra time even if it only takes 40 minutes in the taxi and your flight is on time.

first of all, when you book your ticket with Air Asia, you cannot change time or date on return trick, once you book the ticket you stuck with it, no exception.

ok let me explain it clearly, just pretent you book for 2 night in penang, assume the you arrive at 10:30 and and made it on time at the consulate, than everything should be fine, pick up your visa the next day and go home a day after.

what if you don't make it on time, what will you do, your booking is for 2 night, but you miss the first day to the consulate, so now you have to stay 3 night, that mean you just screw up your ticket, you cannot change date or time, only thing to do is buy another tickect home, double your money, i seen people done this stunt before and i assure you that they bought the second ticket home.

i just check the Air Asia schedule it seem like they have 2 return flight far apart from each other leaving peneng at 10:35 and 20:10, seem like the have change the return schedule, before was 10:30 and 2-3pm i'm not sure, this is good new that mean when i pick up the visa i can go directly to the airport to fly home that day, before it was impossible because the flight flying out of peneng was the time we pick up the visa. so that mean i can cut my trick to 2 night instead of 3 night,

first night drop of application second night pick up and go directly home.

Yellowfish

The reason that it is impossible to be at the embassy at Penang in time is that Malaysia is that the time in Malaysia is 1 hour later than Thailand.

So a 10:30 take off from Bangkok means that it is already 11:30 in Penang and the Thai Embassy closes before you get out of Thai airspace.

If you look at the forums for Penang visa runs etc you will be able to find a lot of useful information on what to do, where to stay and where to go.

Enjoy yourself while you are there.

I know I did in September.

:o

He means that other people have tried to get to the Consulate before 12pm after flying into Penang and have not made it in time. Best to follow the advise above and plan on a 2 night stay in Georgetown.

It looks like AA have changed their flight times.

There is now a flight out of BKK at 7.25am arrive Penang 10.05.So this would give you time to get the application in,if you went straight there.

Flight out at 8.10pm arrive BKK 8.50pm.

So its now possible to do it without an overnight stay in Penang,as the agents do a one day serveice for an extra B600.

Only problem is Air Asia have delays offten.

There is now a flight out of BKK at 7.25am arrive Penang 10.05

its still a little risky tho, you know how those Air Asia can't change policy. the most secure way is to stay 2 night, or oneway to penang and take a bus home

i like the return trip tho, now you can leave at 8.10pm arrive BKK 8.50pm, don't have to stay one extra night like before

I would use a travel agent in town do it and pay them the extra little amount the ask and pick up your visa the next day from them. This is normal in Penang and really happens there dailly.

They all like it as they make more money for them all and they dont have to look at your face!

Most guest houses offer this service too.

On time flight arrives 10:30.  Takes 5-10 minutes to gate.  Takes 5-10 minutes to deplane.  Takes 15-30 minutes to clear immigration.  Takes 5 minutes to obtain local money.  Takes five minutes to get taxi.  Takes 10 minutes to fill out visa form at Consulate.  Not a whole lot of extra time even if it only takes 40 minutes in the taxi and your flight is on time.

Not all farangs are clever!

here is another thought if you wanna do a quickies visa,

arrive in penang at 10:00-10:30, before you leave to penang call the visa agency that you know well, ask them if they can pick up your passport at the airport when you arrive(ofcourse with some extra charge on their side), tell them you need it in one day, is that possible(again with extra charge) if they can do the one day, perfect, pick-up passport in the afternoon or evening fly home on the late flight at 8:00pm leaving penang to BKK.

i don't recommend this way for beginner, but if you been doing it for quite sometime it might work, if you know what you're doing and knowing the agent well enouf. :o

to be honest with you, if that agency is in here writting with us, i would gladly ask them a few question, to make life easier for people that doing visa run in penang, i would gladly use them if they can do what i mention above.

Edited by chingy_