French / Biology Teacher

Dear All,

I am a 23 y/o French girl already living in Thailand. As a French, I am currently teaching French in a Language Center in Chiang Mai but I wish to find a position in a school (either government or private school) for next term, as the work load is not enough for me where I teach.

I would like to add that I am willing to move to any city in Thailand, should you decide to hire me. I am also willing to sign a one-year contract after visiting the school, if I agree with the contract terms and teaching conditions. I already have a non-immigrant B visa.

I am looking for a French or Science teaching position. I graduated in Biology - Earth and Universe Science and this double major also gave me a strong knowledge in chemistry and physics. I would prefer to teach Biology but would certainly welcome a position to teach either physics or chemistry - or both.

About the fact that I am a non-native speaker, I would like to highlight the fact that my English is indeed not up to par with an Australian's or American's English. I do however consider that my writing and speaking are fluent and probably advanced enough to be teaching secondary students. I would not consider teaching ESL but think I can easily do with teaching another subject through English.

You will notice that I have no TEFL certificate or equivalent, I want to be honest about that. But I am also due to take the course in March 2009 at Chiang Mai University and hope that will enough to give me a chance to apply for a position at your school.

You will find my resume at the bottom of this message. Thank you for your attention !

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

French teacher

Biology teacher

Formations

Academic path

May 2007

Bachelor of Biology – Universe and Earth Sciences, with honors (summa cum laude), major of promotion. Université de Bretagne Occidentale – Brest (France), Last year at Université Laval, in an Exchanged Program with Quebec Province (Canada)

May 2004

Associates Degree (2 years) of English Language and Civilization, with honors. Université Paris VII – Jussieu (France)

May 2002

High School graduation with honors - Lycée Lesneven (France)

Other formations

April 2003 BAFA - Diploma in Child Work / Animation

Languages

French – native language

English – Advanced speaking, writing, ready and listening

Spanish – Medium

Basic knowledge of Thai, Japanese and Bahasa Indonesia

Computers Websites, digital touch up, Word – Excel – PowerPoint

Professional experiences

From December 2008

Writing articles for Think French magazine, published by Second Publishing Ltd. Freelance work for two articles per month : written in simple French for Americans learning French.

From June 2008

French teacher at the Language Center, in Mahajulalongkorn Rajawittyalai Chiang Mai. Evening classes of 90min every day for complete beginners, plus 3 classes a week for the second level. Creation of the handouts for each level of 30 hours.

January 2008

Voluntary English teacher at Mahajulalongkorn Rajawittyalai Chiang Mai in the "Speaking and Listening Comprehension" class, 2nd year, English Program.

July 2007

Saleswoman at Le Jardin de la Terre (Organic and Fair Trade Shop) – two months. Counter clerk, supply orders, some management.

2004/05/06

Child worker / Play leader in children holiday camp at Greoulou – Lavelanet (France), one month every summer. Children aged from 6 to 17, staying two weeks. Life guard at the swimming pool and lake.

Private teacher in Mathematics and English to a Secondary School student

Miscellaneous

Head of the university Nature Student Association – 2005/2006

Voluntary leader in the Scouting Association of Quebec City

Interest in rock-climbing, hiking and snowboarding

Traveled in fourteen countries, nine of which in South-East Asia

Voluntary in the university committee to help and welcome foreign students at Quebec University