Posted Images

"2012 will test what remains of euro resilience. The pivotal issue isn't

Europe's recession, which is guaranteed and discounted. The question is

whether 2012 delivers a Lehman-like sovereign event. ECB and IMF

funding will be required to prevent this outcome."

https://mm.jpmorgan.com/PubServlet?action=email&doc=GPS-730533-0.pdf

You rarely post links so I expect this is really important but .... :lol:

but Your link goes to a login page ?/ :o

but why take notice of JPM ? who would Listen to the wall st bankers .. uckers and ools come to mind with an f & s /

"2012 will test what remains of euro resilience. The pivotal issue isn't

Europe's recession, which is guaranteed and discounted. The question is

whether 2012 delivers a Lehman-like sovereign event. ECB and IMF

funding will be required to prevent this outcome."

https://mm.jpmorgan.com/PubServlet?action=email&doc=GPS-730533-0.pdf

1. You rarely post links so I expect this is really important but .... :lol:

2. but Your link goes to a login page ?/ :o

3. but why take notice of JPM ? who would Listen to the wall st bankers .. uckers and ools come to mind with an f & s /

1. i feel like an outsider not posting links. why should i use my gray cells and post personal opinions? it's much easier to post links with comments such as "interesting! / he really told them / hear hear... / YES! / can't wait to see it coming true / he da man"

2. OOPS! didn't think of it because my login details are stored.

3. who would listen to zeroseekinghedgealphaminewebdotyuckfiatmoneygoldrules.com? sure only rubbersheetwetdreamresultavoidingusers?

1. i feel like an outsider not posting links. why should i use my gray cells and post personal opinions? it's much easier to post links with comments such as "interesting! / he really told them / hear hear... / YES! / can't wait to see it coming true / he da man"

Have to say, I share I your preference for people sharing their own thoughts and opinions... :)

One that makes me laugh is when certain posters ask you to quote a source. As if you couldn't think yourself. My source is often what I've heard, seen, read, learnt, been taught, etc then actually thought about and reached a point of view on, and not down to one particular source :) Happy to say the "quote your source" poster seems rare on this particular thread though :)

made some note from a financial adviser for what its worth

there is low risk of the EU imploding as it cannot allow it to happen as the consequences would be unprecedented - so all stops will be pulled out to avoid it

Germany is firmly in control as it has the largest trade surplus in the World and is using its power to force PIIGS into proper and meaningful austerity measures and not just talks

Raising the bond interest will force this through - ie Italy

China will be Ok as long as the above happens

Australias main trading market China will remain and increase its investments

Australian dollar will remain up and down until Germany gets things in the EU the way it should be - ie run like a Mercedes. At the moment its just Germany is just taking issues to the line to the EU that it is not going to continually bail out the PIIGS.

Christmas will still be on the 25th December and New years day will still be on the 1st January

Some things are certain.

The financial advisor? Tony Baloney was it?

made some note from a financial adviser for what its worth

there is low risk of the EU imploding as it cannot allow it to happen as the consequences would be unprecedented - so all stops will be pulled out to avoid it

Germany is firmly in control as it has the largest trade surplus in the World and is using its power to force PIIGS into proper and meaningful austerity measures and not just talks

Raising the bond interest will force this through - ie Italy

China will be Ok as long as the above happens

Australias main trading market China will remain and increase its investments

Australian dollar will remain up and down until Germany gets things in the EU the way it should be - ie run like a Mercedes. At the moment its just Germany is just taking issues to the line to the EU that it is not going to continually bail out the PIIGS.

Christmas will still be on the 25th December and New years day will still be on the 1st January

Some things are certain.

The financial advisor? Tony Baloney was it?

yes

Magellan

but it now seems that if Germany caps their banks

their debt will be worse than USA

so in the end I think we're all screwed

but it now seems that if Germany caps their banks

their debt will be worse than USA

so in the end I think we're all screwed

and pigs will grow wings, fly and lay eggs :whistling:

I was at the Pink Floyd concert and saw the pig with wings and it did fly but i never made it back stage when it laid the eggs

B)

A few off topic and nonsense links have been removed from view. Ugh...

What about the other 400+ pages :)

Ha! Considering this thread is almost 3 years old, and a new thread on the second financial crisis is ongoing, it might be time to retire this one?

A few off topic and nonsense links have been removed from view. Ugh...

What about the other 400+ pages :)

Ha! Considering this thread is almost 3 years old, and a new thread on the second financial crisis is ongoing, it might be time to retire this one?

the new thread deals with a lot of things, except with a financial crisis. and... for the record: a second financial crisis does not exist. we are still facing the one which started a few years ago.

These guys should be in jail - they are paid enormous salaries and pensions - They should be tried for incompetence and have their pensions and salaries confiscated -

Nov 30 (Reuters) - The debt crisis in Europe is now fully systemic and will require a systemic response to resolve it, the president of European Council, which represents EU member states, said on Wednesday.

"The trouble has become systemic. We are witnessing a full-blown confidence crisis," Herman Van Rompuy said in a speech to a conference of EU ambassadors.

"Some may blame it on the irrationality of the market. But it's a fact and we need to confront it."

He said dramatic steps had been taken by euro zone leaders over the past 18 months to try to contain the crisis, but it was not enough. :lol:

and

as more and more people loose their jobs

'ECB’s Stark Says Euro Area Must Cut Wages to Help Exit Crisis ' ( not ours though !!! ) :annoyed:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-11-30/ecb-s-stark-says-euro-area-must-cut-wages-to-help-exit-crisis.html

Edited by churchill

These guys should be in jail - they are paid enormous salaries and pensions - They should be tried for incompetence and have their pensions and salaries confiscated

which guys are you referring to Churchill? :huh:

Which guys :lol: the lot ...

Striking Hypocrisy: Eurocrats live in bubble as people suffer debt

El-Erian on central bank action

'The hope is that central banks are acting because, looking forward, they feel confident that other policymakers will finally catch up with a big and spreading debt crisis that has serious implications for growth, jobs and inequality. The fear is that they are acting because they feel that they must again pre-empt yet another set of potential disappointments.'

http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2011/11/30/773511/guest-post-el-erian-on-central-bank-action/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

These guys should be in jail - they are paid enormous salaries and pensions - They should be tried for incompetence and have their pensions and salaries confiscated

i'm neither interested nor do i waste time watching yewtoob rubbish Churchill. that's why i'm asking you to name a few "eurocrats" which are responsible for accumulating the debt mountain which makes those people suffer who enjoyed more than a decade the enhanced dolce vita which the adoption of the €UR provided.

it is worthwhile to mention that most people who suffer now were living some sort of dolce vita long before their countries introduced the €UR.

as far as incompetence is concerned... why don't you (or one of the yewtoo bitchers) provide a feasible solution how to solve the problems which the eurocrats are not able to solve?

i'm neither interested nor do i waste time watching yewtoob rubbish Churchill. that's why i'm asking you to name a few "eurocrats" which are responsible for accumulating the debt mountain which makes those people suffer who enjoyed more than a decade the enhanced dolce vita which the adoption of the €UR provided.

it is worthwhile to mention that most people who suffer now were living some sort of dolce vita long before their countries introduced the €UR.

as far as incompetence is concerned... why don't you (or one of the yewtoo bitchers) provide a feasible solution how to solve the problems which the eurocrats are not able to solve?

For a start and Whilst Interest rates are at lows - I think a massive increase in spending on Infrastructure , Education , Research , Energy to reduce unemployment , boost confidence and create growth which over time will reduce debts along with a long term plan on debt reduction ...

and do you have any 'positive' ideas Naam

Edited by churchill

1. For a start and Whilst Interest rates are at lows - I think a massive increase in spending on Infrastructure , Education , Research , Energy to reduce unemployment , boost confidence and create growth which over time will reduce debts along with a long term plan on debt reduction ...

2. and do you have any 'positive' ideas Naam

1. YEAH RIGHT! are you aiming for the Gobble Prize in Yuckonomics?

adding more debt to the mountains of debt? :othe lion share of the unsustainable debt was accumulated because interest rates due to €UR adoption were low. Drachma, Lira, Escudo and Peseta debt ranged from 13-19% p.a. ante €UR and now these countries are facing even higher rates inspite of the €UR.

2. i have positive ideas but most of them are not feasible due to the political and judicial quagmire of the EU. some other ideas of mine will be automatically implemented no matter what the outcome will be, id est there will be more suffering for the majority not only of EU citizens but also for most inhabitants of this planet. and most probably your bullion, Midas' ricefields and my works of arts collection will not prevent that we incur losses too. our only advantage is that our potential losses will (hopefully) not make us suffer or force us to change our lifestyle.

Edited by Naam

facts without bla-bla, ratinally presented:

The world central banks try to save Europe. Why?

Dominique Doms, International Trade Examiner

The world central banks have apparently found a reason to go and save Europe and the Eurozone but what is the reason behind this sudden change of heart and what does it mean for the US?

Financial markets reacted positively on the news but such may be short-lived.

The decision to jointly try to save Europe may just be a band-aid that alleviates liquidity problems in Greece and Italy but it does not address the underlying solvency issues which have been the major problem from the beginning.

That begs the question why the US would join forces with the ECB and the Bank of China to rescue Europe.

China has hinted on several occasions that it was interested in supporting the euro and would purchase EFSF bonds or other sovereign debt to keep the Eurozone intact. They have access to $3 trillion in available reserves and such an investment would further diversify their reserve account.

In essence, the US did not have a choice but to jump on board and become part of the rescue team.

The risk for the US in this endeavor is that Ben Bernanke, Chairman of the Federal Reserve, will launch a new QEIII to pay for the investments of high-risk sovereign debt.

It also means that the Fed.’s balance sheet will look very different next year and the leverage of such will rise exponentially.

Timothy Geithner, Secretary of the US Treasury, has been lobbying hard to force Europe into quantitative easing but to no avail. Now the solution is simply for the US to do it instead.

We may look at the 21st century version of the Marshall plan only this time Russia is not battling the US over who can and will own Europe. This time it is China and the US.

History is repeating itself after 65 years and it begs the question whether the US is finally realizing how dependent their economy really is on the success and stability of Europe and the dominance of China in the global economy.

The key factor that is missing for pulling of this grandiose and risky plan is that an Italian is heading up the ECB.

If a German banker would be the conductor of the international orchestra, then my confidence level would be higher.

'That begs the question why the US would join forces with the ECB and the Bank of China to rescue Europe.'

'this time Russia is not battling the US over who can and will own Europe. This time it is China and the US.'

Ah... China to the rescue .. what about privatising some European Assets -If Germany sold a stake in her Autobahn's to China - The Chinese could erect toll booths or .. (sentry boxes) :ph34r: every 10 kms or so to collect the interest ... :lol:

Edited by churchill