Financial Crisis

secret bank accounts
exist in Hollywood movies and novels, but not in reality. a former disgruntled employee of Banking Group Julius Baer has handed over a list of bank accounts to Assange.

People dont care anyway- no one gets angry about this kind of stuff any more. They are more concerned about what

the next Apple device will be :blink:

Sigmund Freud' nephew Edward Bernays was right about “enlightened despotism”- people need to be guided due to their innate irrationality. They are a bewildered herd that need a shepherd and are “stupid" and the elitist banksters have relied on this to get away with their crimes. :bah:

Edited by midas

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• midas

• Naam

• flying

• 12DrinkMore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

secret bank accounts
exist in Hollywood movies and novels, but not in reality. a former disgruntled employee of Banking Group Julius Baer has handed over a list of bank accounts to Assange.

lawyers will have big bucks in returns on this

is there a lawyer fund on the exchange that one can invest in

har har

Read Midas post# 8581

Obviously Midas has seen the Century of the self.

You think you understand it all after watching a 5 minute clip 12?

Please watch the full docu, The Century of the self on YT.

Episode One: Happiness Machines

Episode Two: The Engineering of Consent

Episode Three: There is a Policeman Inside All Our Head: He Must Be Destroyed

Episode Four: Eight People Sipping Wine in Kettering

It is a long sit but worthwhile, take the time to let it all sink in.

After watching that you will understand where all those "Common believes" come from.

:huh:

Finances and Crisis

434207_pic_970x641.jpg

yes indeed !! :lol:

We are like rabbits in the headlights - the US plane is going down and people

just sit there and watch it happen :(

:lol:..what a coincidence..next week the (new) Year of the Rabbit starts in China.

LaoPo

Finances and Crisis

434207_pic_970x641.jpg

:lol:..what a coincidence..next week the (new) Year of the Rabbit starts in China.

LaoPo

Oh yes ! Even more auspicious for them :thumbsup:

Finances and Crisis

434207_pic_970x641.jpg

LaoPo

Oh yes ! Even more auspicious for them :thumbsup:

Theres one chair missing

India

Finances and Crisis

434207_pic_970x641.jpg

The emperor has no clothes? ...& look...Now China holds all that funny script? :lol: Run Forex Run :)

If you're talking treasuries.....although China is America's largest single treasury holder, it's still a minority of a mere 7% whilst 65% (or around) is still held by Americans themselves....;)

LaoPo

If you're talking treasuries.....although China is America's largest single treasury holder, it's still a minority of a mere 7% whilst 65% (or around) is still held by Americans themselves....;)

Percentages aside.....and the fact that what all the holders hold is being devalued.....I still would not want to be the country holding 2.85 Trillion USD in any form at the end of 2010

It is not a small task to get rid of it for something for something of more....errr value....without crashing even further the value of the balance they still hold

China's holdings of dollars within its vast foreign-exchange reserves, which reached $2.85 trillion at the end of 2010.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703551604576085803801776090.html?mod=WSJ_hp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsTop#

I cannot help but feel the US has been treating its creditors very poorly with its irresponsible fiscal policies.

The US has borrowed & spent through its bond sales on things that will never produce a return through things like stimulus & bailouts. They have then used their imaginary Quantitative easing 1 & 2 with QE 3 & 4 or more to probably follow...Basically printing to pay off with devalued notes...or paying off debts with more IOU's since they themselves now buy so much of their own debt....with more of their own script????

Add to that the fact that fully one third of American earners pay no taxes at all.........

It is not hard to imagine what China & others think of this behavior.

If the world reserve status is removed from the USD or the pricing of oil in USD it is game over in a blink.

Then again we remember the last guy who tried to remove the power of oil priced in dollars dont we...... Though it may not be so easy to cancel next time.

Edited by flying

Percentages aside........ I would not want to be the country holding 2.85 Trillion USD in any form at the end of 2010

neither would i. what i would like to be is a private investor who holds 0.0001% of 2.85 trillion in US Treasuries and USD cash.

B)

As a side note....

US national debt is more than $14 trillion.

That is how much the United States has borrowed, and how much we have to pay interest on. To put $14 trillion in perspective, our national debt is larger than the total economies of China, the United Kingdom, and Australia combined.

Perhaps you would like to be the banker getting even a fraction of a percent of that interest eh? ;)

It's all over then, the crisis is now behind us.

This is fantastic news and must surely mark the end of this thread?????

http://www.bloomberg...rom-crisis.html

For only the third time since the Industrial Revolution, the world may be entering a long-term growth cycle that will lift all economies simultaneously, driving bond yields and commodity prices higher.

Fantastic!!!

Lyons and his colleagues predict a "super-cycle" of historically high growth that will last at least a generation and will be led by booming trade, investment and urbanization

We're saved by the leaders in Davos.clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

THANK YOU!post-4641-1156694083.gifpost-4641-1156694083.gifpost-4641-1156694083.gif

Right, all you peeps out there.

Just shut up about being unemployed, high and increasing taxes, busted pension schemes, no interest on savings, falling property prices. We are heading for the miracle recovery. Green shoots? Pah! Small bushes? Phoey! No way, this is going to be the motherfuc_king mother of all montherfuc_king forests of immense strong oaks recovery.

Oh no! But what is this? All those proud oak trees of recovery are falling around our ears.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10089581

The next crisis is on the way.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by 12DrinkMore

It's all over then, the crisis is now behind us.

This is fantastic news and must surely mark the end of this thread?????

http://www.bloomberg...rom-crisis.html

For only the third time since the Industrial Revolution, the world may be entering a long-term growth cycle that will lift all economies simultaneously, driving bond yields and commodity prices higher.

Fantastic!!!

Lyons and his colleagues predict a "super-cycle" of historically high growth that will last at least a generation and will be led by booming trade, investment and urbanization

We're saved by the leaders in Davos.clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

THANK YOU!post-4641-1156694083.gifpost-4641-1156694083.gifpost-4641-1156694083.gif

Right, all you peeps out there.

Just shut up about being unemployed, high and increasing taxes, busted pension schemes, no interest on savings, falling property prices. We are heading for the miracle recovery. Green shoots? Pah! Small bushes? Phoey! No way, this is going to be the motherfuc_king mother of all montherfuc_king forests of immense strong oaks recovery.

Oh no! But what is this? All those proud oak trees of recovery are falling around our ears.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10089581

The next crisis is on the way.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

" With the economic and investment outlooks “much better” than in recent years, “people are talking about how to get back to business as normal and what comes next,”

But hang on a minute- dont we have some unfinished business to attend to ......like when and how are

they going to pay off the debts ??? :blink:

But hold on .......! i wonder if their bold prediction

has anything to do with this......? What we need is even MORE CREDIT !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

World Economic Forum Endorses Fraud; Steve Keen Mocks the WEF Report, So Do I; The Purported "Need to Double Credit in 10 Years"

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2011/01/world-economic-forum-endorses-fraud.html

Edited by midas

12DrinkMore, on 2011-01-24 17:03:31, said: It's all over then, the crisis is now behind us.

i had a feeling since quite some time that the crisis is over and now it's confirmed. thanks "12", you've made my day!

:burp:

I don't understand why all of a sudden the media is on this tangent about how China has beaten the USA, as if Economics is some kind of zero sum game.

What does China have? A bunch of USD currency. What does the US have? A printing press that controls the value of said currency. What else does the USA have? The biggest share of the World's gold supply. Who has the rest of the gold? Europe. What is China doing? Printing Yuan to buy USD and in the process robbing their citizens of their purchasing power and ability to enjoy life as prices rise all so that they can subsidize the elite factory owners and lazy American material life style and continue the ponzi scheme which is the global economy. What scares the Chinese government the most? The notion that their people might one day demand democracy and reparations for the tens of millions who perished during the revolution.

I hate American fiscal policy but let's not delude ourselves here that the Chinese are 'winning'. I don't see farang on this message board complaining about not being able to work 10 hours a day in a factory for a dollar an hour! Go China People!

As a side note....

US national debt is more than $14 trillion.

That is how much the United States has borrowed, and how much we have to pay interest on. To put $14 trillion in perspective, our national debt is larger than the total economies of China, the United Kingdom, and Australia combined.

Perhaps you would like to be the banker getting even a fraction of a percent of that interest eh? ;)

What I would love is to be able to pay my bills with monopoly money I mean more US debt.

Percentages aside.....and the fact that what all the holders hold is being devalued.....I still would not want to be the country holding 2.85 Trillion USD in any form at the end of 2010

It is not a small task to get rid of it for something for something of more....errr value....without crashing even further the value of the balance they still hold

China's holdings of dollars within its vast foreign-exchange reserves, which reached $2.85 trillion at the end of 2010.

http://online.wsj.co...toWhatsNewsTop#

I cannot help but feel the US has been treating its creditors very poorly with its irresponsible fiscal policies.

The US has borrowed & spent through its bond sales on things that will never produce a return through things like stimulus & bailouts. They have then used their imaginary Quantitative easing 1 & 2 with QE 3 & 4 or more to probably follow...Basically printing to pay off with devalued notes...or paying off debts with more IOU's since they themselves now buy so much of their own debt....with more of their own script????

Add to that the fact that fully one third of American earners pay no taxes at all.........

It is not hard to imagine what China & others think of this behavior.

If the world reserve status is removed from the USD or the pricing of oil in USD it is game over in a blink.

Then again we remember the last guy who tried to remove the power of oil priced in dollars dont we...... Though it may not be so easy to cancel next time.

Interesting and it reminds me a bit of the Japanese situation 2-3 decades ago.

Does anyone remember the uproar in America when Japan was buying literally almost everything in the US, from buildings in downtown Ney York to manufacturing companies, shares and other assets ? And all that just 30-40 years after Pearl Harbor....? a painful situation for America.

The almost USD 900 Billion in American Treasuries aren't so dramatic for the Chinese as it looks despite the heated running printing Greenback machines.

Don't forget China can use (part of) this money to buy assets in the US, since dollars are dollars, and gradually sell them off in the US itself. And, what's more, they're doing that already since a few years, buying shares, companies and real estate.

That little fellow in France with his funny hat knew already: l'histoire se répète.

The world is a spinning wheel and we have to realize that the US was and still is the world's strongest country and economy for the past 110 years or so.

We have to accept that the next leaders will be in Asia's hemisphere with a strong part of the cookie for China and India whether we like it or not.

On a side note:

I often wonder why a democratic country like India didn't or couldn't accomplish what the Chinese did.....A country with not even half the GDP China has but with a population of 1.173.000.000, not lagging far behind China's 1.335.000.000...

LaoPo

I don't understand why all of a sudden the media is on this tangent about how China has beaten the USA, as if Economics is some kind of zero sum game.

What does China have? A bunch of USD currency. What does the US have? A printing press that controls the value of said currency. What else does the USA have? The biggest share of the World's gold supply. Who has the rest of the gold? Europe. What is China doing? Printing Yuan to buy USD and in the process robbing their citizens of their purchasing power and ability to enjoy life as prices rise all so that they can subsidize the elite factory owners and lazy American material life style and continue the ponzi scheme which is the global economy. What scares the Chinese government the most? The notion that their people might one day demand democracy and reparations for the tens of millions who perished during the revolution.

I hate American fiscal policy but let's not delude ourselves here that the Chinese are 'winning'. I don't see farang on this message board complaining about not being able to work 10 hours a day in a factory for a dollar an hour! Go China People!

Of course the US wins, by far.

In debts. :lol:

Even students in highschool know that the US cannot continue like this but it's probably on deaf ears...."printing Yuan to buy USD"....:lol: Studied economics I assume ?

LaoPo

Yes, China prints Yuan to buy USD. That is how they maintain their peg to the USD. Is this a new revelation to you? The USA exports dollars and thus inflation to China in return for products.

Americans get to go shopping and buy Ipads every weekend.

Chinese get to work in factories without sunlight and pay 20% more for food than they did last year.

Now, eventually the Chinese may decide to stop screwing over their population at the expense of their exporters. I'll let you know when it happens. :whistling:

"Don't forget China can use (part of) this money to buy assets in the US, since dollars are dollars, and gradually sell them off in the US itself. And, what's more, they're doing that already since a few years, buying shares, companies and real estate."

Yeah but their problem is that the faster they sell the quicker the dollar sinks. The less dollars they accumulate, the faster the dollar sinks.

It doesn't sound like a very good game plan to me, but maybe you are the type of farang who lists "Financial Debts owed by Isaan Hostesses" under "Assets" on his Excel spreadsheet. :lol:

^^^^

I leave it to others to reply....

LaoPo

i know what you have in mind but i refuse to comply!

av-11672.gif

:licklips:..oh come on, let's have some :crazy: fun :jerk: ....it's sooo boring sometimes in here

LaoPo

I don't see how what I have written is against the general gist of this thread. I am incredibly bearish on the US dollar, government, and economy but I still don't see why everyone (the media/Naam/yourself) is nut-hugging Hu Jinto and CCP, as if their own fiscal policies and government are not incredibly amoral and reckless.

I don't see how what I have written is against the general gist of this thread. I am incredibly bearish on the US dollar, government, and economy but I still don't see why everyone (the media/Naam/yourself) is nut-hugging Hu Jinto and CCP, as if their own fiscal policies and government are not incredibly amoral and reckless.

The US Economy is starting to look better. 2 years ago, it was all doom and gloom in the media...not true today. Big problems are still there, but things are improving.

Regarding China, like LaoPo said, the same ruckus happened with Japan years ago. Their economy was rocking. They were predicted to take over the US. They were buying up prize real estate left and right (almost got the Empire State Building!). But never happened. China has lots of problems. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next year or so. Real estate there in particular is in a bit of a quandry. As as you mention, their population could revolt again...it's happened before. :whistling: