Financial Crisis

I hear ya....kinda like Thailand moving factories from Rayong over to Myanmar??? Many are Japanese, if I am not mistaken...you should read about what they are doing in Myanmar to the locals there. Horrible.

Seems contagious. If this happens, oil will spike for sure, which for sure won't help the current financial crisis!!!!!

Yes Craig a good comparison ! Thailand & Myanmar

This contagion is something I remember they mentioned as a worry on the first day that Egypt's troubles aired here in the US.

Yes also agree skyrocketing fuel is hard to handle. I remember when oil shot to $140/barrel We saw a price for gas shortly after that had us wondering

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• midas

• Naam

• flying

• 12DrinkMore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't seem to have that feature, even when logged into YouTube but thanks anyway.

Me too.....maybe Ron could give us a brief summary? I watched the whole thing but wonder what is going on.

3rd; no translation feature :(

LaoPo

talked to a friend in Jeddah a few minutes ago. a few hundred people protested because the drainage system could not cope with a downpour. a heavy downpour that floods parts of Jeddah happens very rarely. i remember one in 1978 when my parked car was flooded.

talked to a friend in Jeddah a few minutes ago. a few hundred people protested because the drainage system could not cope with a downpour. a heavy downpour that floods parts of Jeddah happens very rarely. i remember one in 1978 when my parked car was flooded.

And here was me thinking that the causeway to Bahrain might have been closed for repairs. :) I read about the floods. I thought that must be an uncommon occurence.

Oh.... I see it using Google Chrome browser but not in Firefox. Here is some of the translation but its weird to me. I only am showing the latest of 64 comments. Try Google chrome browser for all of it

Demonstrations in Jeddah on Friday, 1432

Asalalalalalalalam, mercy and blessings of God .... Brothers / sisters .. Maudie to philosophize more than I read .. But wanted to remind you .. To become the base of Traaahaaaaa <<<<signs at major .. Egypt - Tunisia - Saudi Arabia ..... Mabaki etc, but we pretend Lord <<<<< good end .. Each one reviewed and ranked the same mess, and getting ready <<<a Day when hearts and eyes .. God bless the dead Muslims, and Muslim and they Alsabakowowon We Alahakowoon Glorified God and praise I bear witness that God but you and forgiveness and repent to you

Thepreansesmall 3 minutes ago

@ Khedaid

We Mahasina lets Hassoh

We can not from the people of Jeddah

But if one of my family died because of neglect of the state and God, I hate to leave it and Hath

MultiOoioo an hour ago

First, God have mercy upon our dead and the deceased Muslims

Secondly, God be upon you these are a demonstration of what you hear is God is great God is??? Hehehehe and God laughs and a medical Shi liver

My brother Zat You and your situation, municipal and devastated by the emirate's grandfather Lift your voice and say enough is enough play sloth and heedlessness Fix the roads and the like as well as Mo comic this - and safety - and our Lord preserve us from all evil

Gonbalah1 an hour ago

Comments problem the people of Riyadh and the people of Eastern Province.? Mathasson people of Jiddah each year of his family die sinking. Ahsib to no censor

Manicol but God and to Him we shall return

Regards / Al-Mutairi

Ghrabi305 an hour ago

God and the largest? Iranian Wushu? Shout Bmtalibatkm or plates, or, or you have very few of the above-Wolff and the people on instinct .. I wished to be held accountable chants responsible for the disaster .. Old God and Satan's largest and most precursors and suggest that these are behind the hill, and beyond I am with the claim to the right year, but I am afraid that may be Lanuf Safavid Andst behind what is happening

3bas1 a hour ago

@ ZmajBosne

Ovi su se digli zbog poplava u Jeddi a ne zbog represije. Saudima je ustvari fino. Sva teška posla rade ljudi iz Indije, Pakistana, Filipina, Palestine ... Nezaposlenost među mladima je baš zato visoka jer neče da rade teška posla.

Slavoje 1 hour ago

@ Hegliton and sister, and these are my Lord it's legs from sitting to him, and Pope Itvelsvon Mlyaenh what was known how many come on here and Luigi philosophize

Sarr47 1 hour ago

@ Hegliton Kovowo God and God and God heals the heart and the words Lord you are honest and mouth, but what he said right

Sarr47 1 hour ago

@ Anonh2020 spirit of the drum far away, a brother Anta talk about any freedom of conscience and Jarabit if footmen Old does not say a word and the Lord Igbok Laurie Fraser says the sun and says dialogue

Sarr47 1 hour ago

@ Khedaid If you are a millionaire and father Harilk Lexus Ahan Tizk is sweating from the heat, you see the world from hunger, some erosion in Saudi Arabia and Ashe civilized way to Tbgaha you?? Erouho Ibuso King Bamaaarb Tnermi man in the junk ????? Please tell my the best you shut up and have mercy on your parents if your brother or your sister she died in the flood before thee what was said to have said

Sarr47 2 hours ago

Edited by ronz28

And here was me thinking that the causeway to Bahrain might have been closed for repairs. :) I read about the floods. I thought that must be an uncommon occurence.

even normal rain is very uncommon in Jeddah. i don't think it rained more than three times during the 5½ years i spent there.

Oh.... I see it using Google Chrome browser but not in Firefox. Here is some of the translation but its weird to me. I only am showing the latest of 64 comments. Try Google chrome browser for all of it

Demonstrations in Jeddah on Friday, 1432

Asalalalalalalalam, mercy and blessings of God .... Brothers / sisters .. Maudie to philosophize more than I read .. But wanted to remind you .. To become the base of Traaahaaaaa <<<<signs at major .. Egypt - Tunisia - Saudi Arabia ..... Mabaki etc, but we pretend Lord <<<<< good end .. Each one reviewed and ranked the same mess, and getting ready <<<a Day when hearts and eyes .. God bless the dead Muslims, and Muslim and they Alsabakowowon We Alahakowoon Glorified God and praise I bear witness that God but you and forgiveness and repent to you

Thepreansesmall 3 minutes ago

@ Khedaid

We Mahasina lets Hassoh

We can not from the people of Jeddah

But if one of my family died because of neglect of the state and God, I hate to leave it and Hath

MultiOoioo an hour ago

First, God have mercy upon our dead and the deceased Muslims

Secondly, God be upon you these are a demonstration of what you hear is God is great God is??? Hehehehe and God laughs and a medical Shi liver

My brother Zat You and your situation, municipal and devastated by the emirate's grandfather Lift your voice and say enough is enough play sloth and heedlessness Fix the roads and the like as well as Mo comic this - and safety - and our Lord preserve us from all evil

Gonbalah1 an hour ago

Comments problem the people of Riyadh and the people of Eastern Province.? Mathasson people of Jiddah each year of his family die sinking. Ahsib to no censor

Manicol but God and to Him we shall return

Regards / Al-Mutairi

Ghrabi305 an hour ago

God and the largest? Iranian Wushu? Shout Bmtalibatkm or plates, or, or you have very few of the above-Wolff and the people on instinct .. I wished to be held accountable chants responsible for the disaster .. Old God and Satan's largest and most precursors and suggest that these are behind the hill, and beyond I am with the claim to the right year, but I am afraid that may be Lanuf Safavid Andst behind what is happening

3bas1 a hour ago

@ ZmajBosne

Ovi su se digli zbog poplava u Jeddi a ne zbog represije. Saudima je ustvari fino. Sva teška posla rade ljudi iz Indije, Pakistana, Filipina, Palestine ... Nezaposlenost među mladima je baš zato visoka jer neče da rade teška posla.

Slavoje 1 hour ago

@ Hegliton and sister, and these are my Lord it's legs from sitting to him, and Pope Itvelsvon Mlyaenh what was known how many come on here and Luigi philosophize

Sarr47 1 hour ago

@ Hegliton Kovowo God and God and God heals the heart and the words Lord you are honest and mouth, but what he said right

Sarr47 1 hour ago

@ Anonh2020 spirit of the drum far away, a brother Anta talk about any freedom of conscience and Jarabit if footmen Old does not say a word and the Lord Igbok Laurie Fraser says the sun and says dialogue

Sarr47 1 hour ago

@ Khedaid If you are a millionaire and father Harilk Lexus Ahan Tizk is sweating from the heat, you see the world from hunger, some erosion in Saudi Arabia and Ashe civilized way to Tbgaha you?? Erouho Ibuso King Bamaaarb Tnermi man in the junk ????? Please tell my the best you shut up and have mercy on your parents if your brother or your sister she died in the flood before thee what was said to have said

Sarr47 2 hours ago

I think the the Google Translator is a technology in its infancy.

even normal rain is very uncommon in Jeddah. i don't think it rained more than three times during the 5½ years i spent there.

I don't know about Jedday, but I'm currently at work about 200kms north of Dammam, about half way to Kuwait and for the past 4 days we've been getting rainfalls approaching Thai rainy season scales, and two days ago in the evening it hailed untill the ground was white.

I don't know about Jedday, but I'm currently at work about 200kms north of Dammam, about half way to Kuwait and for the past 4 days we've been getting rainfalls approaching Thai rainy season scales, and two days ago in the evening it hailed untill the ground was white.

i can confirm that as i spent some "winter" months in Al Khobar.

if 5 translators translate anything from any language into arabic and different 5 translators translate it back into the original language then you get six different versions :crazy:

arabic is a beautiful language when used for poetry and small talk but a disaster when some precision is required.

if 5 translators translate anything from any language into arabic and different 5 translators translate it back into the original language then you get six different versions :crazy:

arabic is a beautiful language when used for poetry and small talk but a disaster when some precision is required.

It does read like poetry.

Rice Is Next

The rice price is currently in the clam before the storm. The Thailand export price, the benchmark in Asia, may climb as high as $600 a metric ton by December from $534 on Jan. 26, a gain of 12 percent, according to the median estimate in a Bloomberg survey of eight traders, exporters and analysts.

Rice represents almost 50 percent of the food expenses of the poorest across the developing world, and 20 percent of total household spending, according to the International Rice Research Institute, based in Los Banos, the Philippines. In the U.S., 6 percent of incomes are spent on groceries, data from Euromonitor International show.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/rice-next

Faber: Global Inflation Far Higher Than Official Data

excerpt:

Inflation totals 5 percent to 8 percent in the United States and slightly lower in Europe, he (Marc Faber - LP) tells CNBC.

“I guarantee you … the annual (U.S.) cost of living increases are more than 5 percent, and the Bureau of Labor Statistics (which computes the consumer price index) is lying,” Faber says.

“Inflation is much higher than what they publish. I would imagine for most households it’s between 5 and 8 percent in the United States, and in Western European countries maybe a little bit lower — 4 or 5 percent.”

Read more: Faber: Global Inflation Far Higher Than Official Data

LaoPo

Inflation and GDP; UK, US and Euroland.

http://www.europac.n...ver_calculation

Trying to get yer brain around the machinations of those closely intertwined "decision makers", the bankers and politicians, is difficult enough. But to throw in a little morsel that crept out of my skull just now....

The BIG thing is whether we are in a recession, depression, recovery, or shades of green shooting in some aspect of the economy. And this is measured by the "GDP", which is adjusted for inflation, so basically the CPI is deducted from the "gross" GDP resulting in the "net" GDP; upon which the Absolute Health of the Nation is judged.

BUT depending on how the inflation rate is measured, and, to be honest, I have to go along with the Chinese version, where basic living expenses have NOT been stripped out to "make the figures align with the policy decisions", the real GDP is very probably falling, and has been falling for years.

I claim that it is all a big lie, and that the constant appearance of the phrases "jobless recovery", "falling standards of living", the "loss of the middle class" offer proof that there is NO real increase in the GDP, the productivity of the nation. Otherwise we would NOT have been experiencing the fall in standards and increasing unemployment.

It is time to change the metrics.

Edited by 12DrinkMore

so basically the CPI is deducted from the "gross" GDP resulting in the "net" GDP; upon which the Absolute Health of the Nation is judged.

I claim that it is all a big lie, and that the constant appearance of the phrases "jobless recovery", "falling standards of living", the "loss of the middle class" offer proof that there is NO real increase in the GDP, the productivity of the nation. Otherwise we would NOT have been experiencing the fall in standards and increasing unemployment.

Yep same in the US.....We all know about the CP-Lie & how things in the basket are just swapped out to produce the number they want to report so it is no measuring stick.

Then you look at GDP & how it is figured....

GDP = private consumption + gross investment + government spending + (exports − imports)

I see government spending is included.....So...

http://www.ny.frb.org/markets/tot_operation_schedule.html

:rolleyes:

With those number we should see a GDP rise? Will it mean a healthier country?

Why are some Bernie Madoff's jailed & some are not? :whistling: ....Why ask Why :D

This thread is now stumbling along.

The "financial crisis" has now moved on to the next stage, the sharp point has been driven in, and now we are being slowly shafted with the results of the huge mal-investments created by the bankers and governments in their short sighted decisions to prolong the debt driven boom.

The poor Irish are bent over backwards and taking it like serfs.

http://www.vanityfai...-ireland-201103

I can only despise the bastards who brought this lot on. At least in the case of the Irish, those responsible for the destruction of the economy are suffering.

By 2007, Irish banks were lending 40 percent more to property developers than they had to the entire Irish population seven years earlier. "You probably think that the fact that Irish banks have given speculators €100 billion to gamble with, safe in the knowledge that taxpayers will cover most losses, is a cause of concern to the Irish Central Bank," Kelly wrote, "but you would be quite wrong."
"What happened was that everyone in Ireland had the idea that somewhere in Ireland there was a little wise old man who was in charge of the money, and this was the first time they'd ever seen this little man," says McCarthy. "And then they saw him and said, Who the fuc_k was that??? Is that the fuc_king guy who is in charge of the money??? That's when everyone panicked."
Otherwise sound Irish borrowers had been rendered unsound by the size of the loans they had taken out to buy inflated Irish property. That had been the strangest consequence of the Irish bubble: to throw a nation which had finally clawed its way out of centuries of indentured servitude back into it.

I suppose that "indentured servitude" is the state that the "Powers" would like us all to be in.

The bastards seem to be succeeding.

And the solution???

Here it comes

Even More fuc_king Debt!!!!!!

http://www.telegraph...omic-Forum.html

Yep, we have to pay off all the money owed by borrowing even more of it.

But maybe I can claim an equivalent to "Moore's Law", and so here it is "12DrinkMore's Law of Debt".

"Every decade the amount of debt in the world will double"

This is obviously fantastic news for the bankers, who will be able very willingly to cooperate in ensuring my new "Law" works. They could even, without hesitation, easily exceed this doubling/decade by far. There are indeed absolutely no physical limits to be overcome. Just crank out the cash and inflation will take care of the rest.

But there is one very small possibility that all this might not happen, and deny me my right to my new law.

The WEF said the continued demand for credit could be met "responsibly, sustainably – and with fewer crises". However, it cautioned that to achieve this goal, financial institutions, regulators, and policy makers need more robust indicators of unsustainable lending, risk, and credit shortages.

Hmm...................................., naaaa, won't happen.

I'm on solid ground herecheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Hilarious, should we start another thread. The Impending Financial Crisis and most of you could ramble on about banal crap to no end. I never thought I would come across so many impotent confused individuals in one place but low and behold it is only a Thai Visa log in away.

We have uprising in Egypt, debt laden developed nations, roaring inflation in emerging nations, and the list goes on. Take a chill pill guys and have some fun. Really, we are living in historic times and the world is booming economically. Do many of you read history? I assume not or maybe it is a comprehension dilemma.

Don't waste your time rambling about CPI, GDP, and unemployment unless you are capable of seeing the positives as well as the negatives. If GDP was plummeting and CPI was out of control, I'm sure you guys would be posting these stats to no end. When they don't agree with the doom prophesies, you just paint them as garbage.

Odd way of living but there are losers and winners. Never understood why so many waste their time whining when they have other options. Firstly, stop crying and act like a man.

Thanks for the laughs.

Edited by siamamerican

Hilarious, should we start another thread. The Impending Financial Crisis and most of you could ramble on about banal crap to no end. I never thought I would come across so many impotent confused individuals in one place but low and behold it is only a Thai Visa log in away.

We have uprising in Egypt, debt laden developed nations, roaring inflation in emerging nations, and the list goes on. Take a chill pill guys and have some fun. Really, we are living in historic times and the world is booming economically. Do many of you read history? I assume not or maybe it is a comprehension dilemma.

Don't waste your time rambling about CPI, GDP, and unemployment unless you are capable of seeing the positives as well as the negatives. If GDP was plummeting and CPI was out of control, I'm sure you guys would be posting these stats to no end. When they don't agree with the doom prophesies, you just paint them as garbage.

Odd way of living but there are losers and winners. Never understood why so many waste their time whining when they have other options. Firstly, stop crying and act like a man.

Thanks for the laughs.

This is nothing. Check out the thread in the Pattaya forum re:buying a measly 2MM Baht house. Unreal. Some poor newbie posted this asking for help and you'd think the sky is falling! As Naam knows, the latest there is the comparison of the tulip debacle 400 years ago to the housing market in Pattaya! :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the laughs.

So then we immediately stop the food stamps to 40 million Americans ? :huh:

You crack me up !! :lol:

Thanks for the laughs.

Yup. Had an email about work yesterday. The second one in all of two years!!! This was a brain picker, they have one small job on and one tender in for another small job. This was a firm I used to run $50m jobs for only four years ago.

It's dead out there. The numbers are stimulated simulated candyfloss. It's irritating for those of us who don't have the passive income (usually from the better end of some ponzi pension scheme or the state) others enjoy to be told we're impotent confused individuals.

This is nothing. Check out the thread in the Pattaya forum re:buying a measly 2MM Baht house. Unreal. Some poor newbie posted this asking for help and you'd think the sky is falling! As Naam knows, the latest there is the comparison of the tulip debacle 400 years ago to the housing market in Pattaya! :lol: :lol:

or the thread "foreign currency account" where people think or advised they have to fly to Australia to invest in AU-Dollars.

av-11672.gif

Thanks for the laughs.

Yup. Had an email about work yesterday. The second one in all of two years!!! This was a brain picker, they have one small job on and one tender in for another small job. This was a firm I used to run $50m jobs for only four years ago.

It's dead out there. The numbers are stimulated simulated candyfloss. It's irritating for those of us who don't have the passive income (usually from the better end of some ponzi pension scheme or the state) others enjoy to be told we're impotent confused individuals.

well if keeping an open mind and trying to work out who is telling the truth

and to expose which people are the ,criminals then i am an " impotent confused individual " :blink:

But at least i know I am not brain dead because i keep asking questions and it is better than having an

arrogant attitude thinking you know it all when in fact the statement he made

simply diplays how ill informed and out touch he is :whistling: