True Vision Satellite Reception

krading

Anyone have problems with True Vision satellite reception? Every night the tv freezes more often than it works regardless of the weather conditions. I have the internet and tv deal together and the internet works fine but the tv isn't worth watching. Anyone know if I can adjust something in 'satellite settings' mode? They sent someone to look at it but of course it worked beautifully the whole ten minutes that they were here for during the day. I'm thinking of telling them to jamb it.

• 3 months later...

I had a similar issue where the LNB would get hot midday and fritz out for the afternoon, then return in the evening..

Of course the engineers came twice in the morning when there was no problem before they came in the afternoon and, exactly as I had told them, found it was the LNB.

• 2 weeks later...

What was the solution for the LNB ? keep cooler location or was it an internal problem ?

Also I'd like to understand please, from either of the two posters, what are the connections like with True ?

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

The LNB would be a good start, they can do some crazy things esp with the temp variance they go thru here outdoors n all, only other thing i can think would cause that is a slightly mis-aligned dish or mount warping twisting the dish enough to put it off alignment when it cools. maybe have a look at where and how the dish is mounted and check its stability.

cheers.

ps. LNB solution is just replace, should be cheap and not worth doing anything else if that solves it.

Edited by Saraquin