Transporting A Dog Long Distance Within Thailand

My wife wants to bring a miniature pinscher from Korat up to Chiangmai.

Is there any way to do this by bus, train or air or is her only option to drive down there to pick it up?

Hi. IMHO the best solution is to go there herself to bring it home to CMai. You can rent a car with driver cheaply for the day, and as Korat is not far, you should be home free.

Bus is a no-no for pets despite there being a good solution for most everything else. Ditto train. Air requirement s means buying an air kennel which in itself costs more than a car rental. Thai post has a new delivery service for most anything around Thailand but I doubt if they transport live animals. Good luck....

My wife wants to bring a miniature pinscher from Korat up to Chiangmai.

Is there any way to do this by bus, train or air or is her only option to drive down there to pick it up?

Hi. IMHO the best solution is to go there herself to bring it home to CMai. You can rent a car with driver cheaply for the day, and as Korat is not far, you should be home free.

Bus is a no-no for pets despite there being a good solution for most everything else. Ditto train. Air requirement s means buying an air kennel which in itself costs more than a car rental. Thai post has a new delivery service for most anything around Thailand but I doubt if they transport live animals. Good luck....

Thanks for the response/comment.

I was hoping that someone had info to the effect that small pet (eg the miniature pinscher) might be allowed by a bus in a small box - perhaps on first class or with a supplemental fee. But as you say maybe driving it home is the only option after all.