Visit Phuket

mhatami

We went to Phuket couple weeks ago for 4 days. It started with disappointment but it finally turned out ok.

First, we book Patong Swiss Hotel through internet through Agoda web side. It had said it is 3.5 star hotel with very nice pictures. When we got there, woo what a dump. At best it would be 1 star :o .

I asked about the information on the web, they said the data was not updated.

Any way we never stayed there and after dinned and 2 hr later we found a very nice hotel Asperi, which I highly recommend. :D

Other disappointment was FantaSea show, it is very old show never updated. The food is very bad and all they try to do is to sell more of their sh…..t by making you wait in the different areas.

If you must go there just go for the show and show up right before the show starts.

But do go to Phuket, and visit all the islands if you can

We went to Phuket couple weeks ago for 4 days. It started with disappointment but it finally turned out ok.

First, we book Patong Swiss Hotel through internet through Agoda web side. It had said it is 3.5 star hotel with very nice pictures. When we got there, woo what a dump. At best it would be 1 star :o .

I asked about the information on the web, they said the data was not updated.

Any way we never stayed there and after dinned and 2 hr later we found a very nice hotel Asperi, which I highly recommend. :D

Other disappointment was FantaSea show, it is very old show never updated. The food is very bad and all they try to do is to sell more of their sh…..t by making you wait in the different areas.

If you must go there just go for the show and show up right before the show starts.

But do go to Phuket, and visit all the islands if you can

Well, Agoda should take some responsibility for the content on their website, nothing beats fa*** advertising :D

As for Fantasea, most people only go once so not much need to update it. Agree with you about the food, didn't buy stuff while waiting but overall i thought P fantasea was / is one of the better man made attractions in Thailand actually.

As for Fantasea, most people only go once so not much need to update it. Agree with you about the food, didn't buy stuff while waiting but overall i thought P fantasea was / is one of the better man made attractions in Thailand actually.

Apart from some animal welfare issues, I quite like Fantasea.

Did annoy me having to leave my camera at the storage area rather than take it in though. They are really strict about what you can take in.

Visit Phuket? No thank you. Too many downsides. Way overpriced. Nasty tuk-tuk and motorcycle taxi drivers. Murders on road after dark. 'Thieving from the room' hotels. Too many package tourists. Very annoying persistent Indian tailors. Rapacious police.

Try Jantaburi and then on to Koh Chang. Much nicer.