Big Shoes

dthomasss

After all these years I still have not found a place in BKK to buy casual or dress shoes in my size (46 here, 11-12 USA.) All I seem to find are the custom made shops, the way overpriced department stores (Robinson) or else some shops in MBK that have those heavy clunky shoes.

Any recommendations?

After all these years I still have not found a place in BKK to buy casual or dress shoes in my size (46 here, 11-12 USA.) All I seem to find are the custom made shops, the way overpriced department stores (Robinson) or else some shops in MBK that have those heavy clunky shoes.

Any recommendations?

At what point does it become difficult? I wear a 10-wide. It is something I have wondered about as I anticipate retiring in Thailand sometime in the next 3 months.

I have definitely seen shoe sizes up to 46 made by Ecco and Geox. There are a few dedicated Geox stores scattered around. I can't remember exactly where but it was in one of the big malls - Paragon or Central World. They only had upto size 46 so I didn't really pay that much attention as I normally use a size 47.

These shoes are nice and casual, I think they cost around 4000-5000 Baht which is a similar price you would pay in England.

The Ecco shoes are very comfortable and I'd recommend them.

Edited by ukrules

I also wear a 10 wide with flat feet and bunnions nd support arches inside them. My feet are a mess! I have found ecco, geox and Clarks to be the best. All sizes available up to 46, though they may not have the size you need at that store such as Central or Paragon but they will call around and locate them for you. Yes, you pay 4000 to 6000 but the Clarks on my feet right now, I use for work and walking the streets of Bangkok. Normally if I find a pair I like I will buy 2 pair.

Difficult YES........

Not sure what to do, my present ones [sandals] are falling to bits, Bought them in a closing down sale in the UK 'Clarks' size 48 and cost 13 UK pounds 7 years ago..

Found a pair like them here size 46 rather to small but not to bad, 1,500baht but on the 4th day they fell to bits.. leather came away from sole on one and the other simply broke in half while I was driving..

Will the made for you one last for years? 4-6,000baht is a lot to pay if they only last a few months

Any recommendations?

there are 2 things i simply wont buy in thailand and am happy to fork out the $$ for in the west :

1) shoes...it takes me long enough to find a pair i like, then they never have my size (12 and wide)

2) dress shirts(untailored, off the shelf).....i have manly sized shoulders/upper body, unlike most of the stuff in thailand sized to "average thai male"/"emo rocker" shoulder dimensions

there are 2 things i simply wont buy in thailand and am happy to fork out the $ for in the west :

1) shoes...it takes me long enough to find a pair i like, then they never have my size (12 and wide)

Do you mean you have shoes shipped in for you? Or you get them when you are traveling in the West?

there are 2 things i simply wont buy in thailand and am happy to fork out the $ for in the west :

Do you mean you have shoes shipped in for you? Or you get them when you are traveling in the West?

I usually go to NZL or Aussie once a year to visit relatives, Xmas etc.......buy my sports and dress shoes then.

• 7 months later...

I take size 10 (UK) wide fitting and stocked up on Clarks shoes when I was last in the UK. Now I need same size trainers. I'm not planning to go to UK soon so I ordered some on the internet. I'm going to collect them today. The postie left a note when I was out saying I have to pay 600 Baht import duty! I hope they are worth it. The company is on www.widefitshoes.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

i am looking desperately for shoes in my size, 50-51 or 16-17 US. Can anybody give me hint, where i can find some in Phuket or Bangkok?

I wear U.S. size 15 or 16 depending on the shoe style... I've never seen anything off the shelf that size available in Bangkok...

However, there are a couple shoe shops on Suk Road heading from Soi 10 outbound (near the area of Sunrise Tacos) that will do custom made shoes... Siam Bootery is one of the them, and the other was mentioned above...

I was in Siam the other day to check about something else, and asked about custom made shoes in my size. The guy quoted me a price exceeding $200 U.S.

Because I prefer particular brands of shoes like New Balance and SAS, I buy them online or over the phone from the U.S., and have them mailed here... With the lower price, even after paying shipping and sometimes duty/tax, it's often better than doing custom made, especially at those prices...