What's The Best Hotels.....

phoolish

.......to stay in Bangkok area and very close to the clubs/shopping malls?

This is my first time travelling to Bangkok and have no idea where to stay.

I'd like to stay in the 3+ star hotels where I can just walk to the clubs/shopping malls and not catch any transport as I hate being in traffic.

Also, a wireless internet in the room.

Pls Help.

Edited by phoolish

Plenty of 3 star hotels.

You are probably going to have to choose which is more important to you, being walking distance to the malls, or walking distance to the clubs.

Most people when they think of malls think of the MBK, Paragon strip of malls near Siam Square. So if its malls, you will stay near there.

If you would rather be closer to your favored type of club, best explain what kinds of clubs you like. For example if you are looking for the stereotyped Bangkok go go scene you will want to be near either Silom or inner Sukhumwit.

The better advice is just find a nice place near a centrally located skytrain and learn to use the skytrain and taxis. Its really not that bad and its part of the Bangkok experience.

Edited by Jingthing

I'd like to stay in the 3+ star hotels where I can just walk to the clubs/shopping malls and not catch any transport as I hate being in traffic.

Pls Help.

Take your pick

http://www.sawadee.com/hotels/bangkok.html

including location map,and all the other information you need

Pls Help.

If you don't mind paying top dollar, the Intercontinental Hotel is perfect for what you want. The major shopping centers (Siam Paragon, Central World, MBK, Gaysorn are within easy walking distance. Nana Plaza, Soi Cowboy, etc., are not too far away. Can walk to them if you don't mind a 15-20 minute walk. But the best part is that the BTS Chidlom station is right outside the hotel - no need to walk anywhere. Other good alternatives inlcude JW Marriott and the Westin on Sukhimwit (Soi 19 I think).

Good luck and enjoy

Pls Help.

If you don't mind paying top dollar, the Intercontinental Hotel is perfect for what you want. The major shopping centers (Siam Paragon, Central World, MBK, Gaysorn are within easy walking distance. Nana Plaza, Soi Cowboy, etc., are not too far away. Can walk to them if you don't mind a 15-20 minute walk. But the best part is that the BTS Chidlom station is right outside the hotel - no need to walk anywhere. Other good alternatives inlcude JW Marriott and the Westin on Sukhimwit (Soi 19 I think).

Good luck and enjoy

Wow.. they are nice but don't wanna stay at an expensive hotels.

My limit would be $90AUD per night.

Thanks for your suggestions.