Cheers Beer.

Moonrakers

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heineken, tiger and cheers are the same beers all brewed in thailand by heineken.

same ingredients, the only difference is Heineken is brewed for 28 days, tiger is brewed for 14 days and cheers is brewed for 7 days.

I think they are all crap and normally go for Guinness, Kilkenny or John Smiths, that way I dont have a hangover.

The only thing Cheer's and beer have in common is that they come both come to the consumer in bottles. :o

Leo! The only decent beer in Thailand apart from imports. :D

Agree 100%.

Shame that Leo is not available in most of the Bangkok or tourist area bars / eating establishments.

I wonder why that is?

50b wow i would drink guiness then,but dont like most of the beer/lager here.Love cider but too expensive to have 10 pints lol.

Back on the shorts now until beer lao is sold in Pattaya then i will give that a try.Odd times i have a cold san miguel lite but only as a thirst quencher.

The Worzels springs to mind :-

"I am a coiderr drinkerrr." :o

50b wow i would drink guiness then,but dont like most of the beer/lager here.Love cider but too expensive to have 10 pints lol.

Back on the shorts now until beer lao is sold in Pattaya then i will give that a try.Odd times i have a cold san miguel lite but only as a thirst quencher.

:D

OOOOH ARRRRRRR! Now't wrong with a drop of apples my 'andsome. :D

The ultimate 'Tramp Juice' is Siam Sato priced at 24 Baht a big bottle. When you start on that stuff, it's time to brush-up your will and select a cremation Wat.

What IS Siam Sato? It's not beer, that's for sure - more like a fortified wine, I think. Bloody strong. I remember a taxi driver recommending it to me whilst in a 7/11 in the early hours - he'd clearly had a few already, then asked me if I wanted a ride anywhere when I left the shop. I politely declined.

I actually, genuinely, like Archa's! It must be ice cold though, and the bottles are better than the cans. It's 5.6%, so it's NOT weak.

Singha's the only 'proper' bog standard beer IMO. Dark BeerLao's very good, but entirely unavailable in shops; whatever anyone says. You can buy crates of it directly from the brewery, but they don't have a distribution deal with supermarkets as far as I know.

OOOOH ARRRRRRR! Now't wrong with a drop of apples my 'andsome. :D

Arr. It is the only thing about the west country I miss.

I went to a student bar when I was in Chiang Mai recently and all the Thai kids were drinking it like there was no tomorrow, but I guess that was because it was the cheapest beer available.

No, they think they are drinking Falang beer.

They hear falang say "cheers" before drinking.

I also think there was a promotion on for Cheers, two for one deal. Never did try it though, and by the sound of it, didn't miss much.

I met one guy who sells the chemicals for beer production and he told all the productions are not fully under control every patch is somehow different.

Cheers tastes terrible

But the others are not much better.

I drink Leo....

Domestic Thai beers. Beers brewed in Thailand - my personal rating. Top 10.

1. Leo

2. Tiger

3. San Migual (light or gold)

4. Singha (light or gold)

5. Heineken

6. Tuburg

7. Archa

8. Chang

9. Thai beer (the one with the horse label) ?

10. Cheers

tuburg (spelling correct???) is available here?

I prefer Leo out of the Thai beers.

Cheers is pretty awful, and I don't like Singha. Chang draught and light are drinkable.

Federbrau is possibly one of the worst I've tried, they must have spent a long time coming up with a beer that could taste that bad.

Domestic Thai beers. Beers brewed in Thailand - my personal rating. Top 10.

1. Leo

2. Tiger

3. San Migual (light or gold)

4. Singha (light or gold)

5. Heineken

6. Tuburg

7. Archa

8. Chang

9. Thai beer (the one with the horse label) ?

10. Cheers

tuburg (spelling correct???) is available here?

Not sure about the spelling, but I think it's brewed in Thailand? Or is it brewed in Malaysia?

Edited by Geekfreaklover

The ultimate 'Tramp Juice' is Siam Sato priced at 24 Baht a big bottle. When you start on that stuff, it's time to brush-up your will and select a cremation Wat.

What IS Siam Sato? It's not beer, that's for sure - more like a fortified wine, I think. Bloody strong. I remember a taxi driver recommending it to me whilst in a 7/11 in the early hours - he'd clearly had a few already, then asked me if I wanted a ride anywhere when I left the shop. I politely declined.

I actually, genuinely, like Archa's! It must be ice cold though, and the bottles are better than the cans. It's 5.6%, so it's NOT weak.

Singha's the only 'proper' bog standard beer IMO. Dark BeerLao's very good, but entirely unavailable in shops; whatever anyone says. You can buy crates of it directly from the brewery, but they don't have a distribution deal with supermarkets as far as I know.

Sorry if this is a daft question, but how exactly do you go about buying crates of Beer Lao directly from the brewery? Is it brewed in Thailand? Can you get it shipped here from the brewery in Laos? Either way I'd love to lay in a stock.

If the ASEAN free trade agreement is ever implemented Beer Lao will bury the Thai beers.

Someone else thinks Cheers beer is the worlds worst tasting; see hilarious link below.

Cheers Beer Review Link

Wow that's a very amusing blog, thanks for the link dude. And the guy was spot on, 'It tastes foul and at 5.6% it is not even attractive to alcoholics.' :o

This bit just about summed it up for me:-

"The beer was officially launched on 29 September 2005 and is allegedly brewed with premium hops, malt and yeast from Europe and the US to create a full flavour and smooth taste. The absurd notion that this is made from anything but the piss of an unattractive colony of lepers should not be even briefly entertained."

There isn't a decent "beer" brewed in Thailand. Period!

Try drinking any of them at room temperature and you will then be able to describe the "taste".

Virtually freezing them kills the "taste" and makes them at least drinkable (except Cheers).

As I have to drink the stuff on my measily (and reducing daily) UK pension, I go for the cheapest.

Archa.jpg

• 6 months later...
I only dwink Guinness down in Hat Yai at 50b a can (was 45b until last week).

Singha, I can stomach but feel poo the next day.

Chang (wifebeater) not drunk in years and serious hang.

Cheers - I would rather dwink poo.

Leo - like something you put in your lawnmower.

Archa - nah.

They have Guinness in Hat Yai cos the Malay men dwink it when they party on the weekend.

Sorry, but Guinness at 50 baht a can, I don't believe you!!

:):D:D

Our Guinness & Murpheys are both 230 a can.

Maybe he's talking about Malaysian can Guinness, which is like the bottled stuff back home.

Edited by farangconnection