Swift Transfer From Uk-thailand

After some helpful advice on here I am awaiting for a swift transfer to arrive into my Bangkok Bank account. As advised I have arranged for the money to be sent as pound sterling but would like to know when does it get changed into baht, is it the day it arrives in Thailand or can I keep it as sterling until I decide to exchange it?

Thanks

It will be changed into Baht when it reaches your account unless you are transferring to a sterling account .

not necessarily. depending on the amount and the thai bank, the recipient is asked by phone whether he would like to change it at the prevailing rate or wait. that's what happens in my case when i transfer foreign currency to my account with Siam Commercial. this phone is not from the branch where i have my account but from SCB headquarters in BKK.

i'm not sure how long i can delay the exchange. i think maximum is two weeks.

It will be changed into Baht when it reaches your account unless you are transferring to a sterling account .

not necessarily. depending on the amount and the thai bank, the recipient is asked by phone whether he would like to change it at the prevailing rate or wait. that's what happens in my case when i transfer foreign currency to my account with Siam Commercial. this phone is not from the branch where i have my account but from SCB headquarters in BKK.

yes that's right then it has to be returned.

it gives you some leverage with some banks if you can negotiate the rate as they would prefer you to change to baht than return

Same as me naam.I was told 1 week though,but it was over 1 year ago and for a 25,000 quid.