Valentines Day Approaching!

rideswings

• 3 weeks later...
Just wanted to remind you last minute guys that Valentines Day is quickly approaching, so if you are sending something to the LOS, nows is the time to mail it to make sure it gets there on time. I took the easy way out and sent my love via Western Union... I know she will get it on time :D

i would love to know what everyone else is getting their sweethearts...

Ahh..... fond memories of money transfers to Thailand via Western Union.... the gift that keeps on giving and giving and giving and giving.... :o

True, flowers are nice but I think it is waste of money especially during Valentine's... the price is so crazy!!

and the dinner place in Bangkok will be pretty crowded... how can I feel romantic?

For me, I prefer money or/and diamond!!!

haha... why need to be too cost? Just one sweet kiss is enough.. :o

Ohhh.... please make up your mind... Money and/or diamond.... Or one sweet kiss????

Or.. maybe...you'd like both??? :D

Valentines Day is a bad American habit which shouldn't be exported to Asia or Europe.

Don't know exactly where the "bad American habit came into the equation"

Maybe the Americans perfected the way in which people are separated from their dosh, however Wikipedia suggests that it originated long before America (as a country) was ever dreamed of......

(Saint) Valentine's Day is a holiday celebrated on February 14 by many people throughout the world. In the West, it is the traditional day on which lovers express their love for each other by sending Valentine's cards, presenting flowers, or offering confectionery. The day was originally a pagan festival that was renamed after two Early Christian martyrs named Valentine. The day became associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished.

The day is most closely associated with the mutual exchange of love notes in the form of "valentines". Modern Valentine symbols include the heart-shaped outline, doves, and the figure of the winged Cupid. Since the 19th century, handwritten notes have largely given way to mass-produced greeting cards.[1] The sending of Valentines was a fashion in nineteenth-century Great Britain, and, in 1847, Esther Howland developed a successful business in her Worcester, Massachusetts home with hand-made Valentine cards based on British models. The popularity of Valentine cards in 19th-century America was a harbinger of the future commercialization of holidays in the United States.[2]