Cherry's Cafe

bingo2

bingo2

you swine !

youve just reminded me of the last fillet steak i had in there over two years ago mmmm it was good and the little cutie that served me looked good too : )

ahhhh fillet steak cute girls and pattaya .... maybe ill go back soon ?

dave2

• 2 months later...

Monday all u can eat pasta-4 or 5 dishes. Most had the same pasty sauce and all tasted pretty much alike-not so good and a waste of time! The white sauce pasta was acceptable. Best part of the meal was the micro scoop of some prepacked ice cream

Wed all u can eat Curry night-yuuuuk! One very small serving was all I could eat. Several dishes available. All look alike and tasted similar. Again the micro scoop of ice cream, along with the Tom Ka Gai soup, was the best part .

Coffee is included, but the waiters "forget" and do not ask if you want it.

Cherry's really missed on this. I won't be doing either of these nights again.

I also eat the pasta buffet one time. That was enough for me. Just not very good.

I looked at the curry, but could not get myself to try it. Looked horrible.

Edited by aguy30

This place offers what can only be described as the worst hamburger in Pattaya it was truly disgusting and to make it worse you get 2 of the awful things in the bun, ive seen many people rave about this place but maybe their mothers cooking was crap if this is their idea of good tasting food.

The Spaghetti Bolognese i ate a few days prior was ok but nothing to boast about.

Edited by sanmiguel

I ate at the new Cherrys one time. It wasn't horrible.

French onion soup. It was served without any cheese of any kind. I complained and got some parmesan. Not French, but better than nothing. The beef pie tasted nice and seemed homemade. The salad bar was sad and wilted. No complaint for the money but no need to return either. I did have a peek in for their roast night. It didn't look good enough. Ba bye.

Edited by Jingthing

The Cherry's in Soi Diana and the original Cherry's opposite Xcyte disco on 3rd road are like chalk and cheese.

The original resteraunt on 3rd road serves up some of the best quality at reasonable prices food you can have in Pattaya, as an example I this week had a 400 gram Australian T-bone at Cherry's, it was 490 baht and very good quality. Earlier in the week I had a 200 gram Australian Ribeye at Henry J Beans, not very good, extremly oily and salty for a whopping 1090 baht for a steak half the size, lower quality and more than double the price.

Anyway the Cherry's on Soi Diana is a rip off of the name by Bobby of Slices Pizza, Gourmet Pizza, WOW food delivery oh and get this Delivery Express (he sold WOW to some poor mark and then imediately started another delivery company) and Platinum Motorcycle :o fame (or should that be infamy). Anything this guy ever gets involved in is either a scam or of very poor quality.

I just hope this dump with the poor food on Soi Diana doesn't bring down the very good name that the orignal Cherry's has built up and which is thoroughly deserved.

The staff at the new Cherry's told me it was the same owner as Cherry's on third road. So they were lying?

Some of their menu items are EXACTLY the same! Look at the osso bucco, served exactly the same way with polenta at both Cherrys. Color me skeptical.

Edited by Jingthing

The staff at the new Cherry's told me it was the same owner as Cherry's on third road. So they were lying?

Some of their menu items are EXACTLY the same! Look at the osso bucco, served exactly the same way with polenta at both Cherrys. Color me skeptical.

The staff have probably been instructed to say that, this is just this Bobby guy trying to make some cream of another business's good name.

Now don't get me wrong Bobby has probably out some deal with the original Cherry's for the use of the name and possibly he gets some of the food supplied from Cherry's but as with any place like this the food will be left hanging around being kept warm for hours which is not going to do anything but compromise the quality of the food.

If you want good food I can really recommend most of the dishes at Cherry's, below are some (crappy camera phone) pics of a meal I had there this week;

Free Salad bar

post-52199-1240565569_thumb.jpg

Scallops on saute spinach, this was delicious

post-52199-1240565579_thumb.jpg

A couple of thai dishes that my wife had

post-52199-1240565591_thumb.jpg

post-52199-1240565603_thumb.jpg

French onion soup, whereas the soup was nice as has been noted elsewhere they don't melt cheese on the crouton :o

post-52199-1240565615_thumb.jpg

Australian T-Bone steak, very tender, delicious steak

post-52199-1240565628_thumb.jpg

Saute Potatoes and Garlic Bread, the garlic bread wasn't anything to write home about

post-52199-1240565641_thumb.jpg

A very reasonable bill of 1430 baht for the above food, a couple of soft drinks and a glass of red wine

post-52199-1240565653_thumb.jpg

Like I said most dishes at the original Cherry's are as good as many more expensive places in Pattaya despite some little setbacks such as the lack of cheese on the onion soup and not very good garlic bread.

Despite saying that I will never dine in the Cherry's on Soi Diana.

Obviously, they are not the same restaurant. However, if the original Cherry's did allow their name to be used at the new location (as opposed to having it stolen) then if their reputation suffers because of that, it is their fault for not insisting on top quality at the new place. I ate at the original Cherries once and did indeed enjoy it very much and found it good value but not exactly Michelin Guide level. I don't find their menu all that inspiring though.

Edited by Jingthing