Buying Land-house

Just be advised to put this here..

We are in the process of having our house built. We have the opion to lease the land from our daughter in law or set up the business so the company has the land etc.

Whatever way we decide I believe we still have to have a company for the house.

Can anygive let me know what are the steps for this. its only a small house on 36 WAH..

Sadly after a year in the planning something has cropped up that there is a possibility we may have to sell it on due to unforeseen circumstances, although I am hoping it will not come to this.

What taxes etc does one have to pay on selling a property?

Many thanks in advance for any help

Debra

We are in the process of having our house built. We have the opion to lease the land from our daughter in law or set up the business so the company has the land etc.

Can anygive let me know what are the steps for this. its only a small house on 36 WAH..

Sadly after a year in the planning something has cropped up that there is a possibility we may have to sell it on due to unforeseen circumstances, although I am hoping it will not come to this.

Debra

Personally I wouldn't set up a company for this. The company route isn't recommended much since the coup unless it is a genuine trading company. Anyway there are ongoing costs and, as you say, 36 talang wah is quite small.

I think you need a 30 year lease or a Usufruct, registered and recorded on the Chanote.

The land will, however, remain in DiL's name and you cannot sell or t/f the rights over it without her consent and co-operation.

I'm told tax is an issue if you/DiL haven't owned the land for 5 years before it's sold. I don't know any more.

Search and read "End this 30 year lease scam". It doesn't all apply to your situation but if you plough through it you'll be a lot wiser.

Edited by mickba

Debra

Try this link.http://www.thailandlawonline.com/superficies_thailand.html