Used Motorcycle/moped

hannabee

I am wondering where the best places to buy cheap used motorcycles/mopeds. Being of the vertically challenged kind, I am looking for something pretty small that's fairly easy to ride. I am hoping to pay 7,000 baht, preferably under but I don't know if that's reasonable.

I would really appreciate any suggestions on where to look. Thank you!

You could try the motor ads you can find elsewhere on TV (that's Thai Visa).

7000baht :o You might end up with more trouble than it's worth at that price. Try starting at 20.000baht for something decent.

Edited by BSJ

Hi :o

If you're in BKK get hold of a Yamaha RXZ. It's not a moped but a decent bike which can be modified in may ways, including lowered. Ample power, 135cc two-stroke, these tend to keep running and running and running. I own two of those, one has done 82,000 +unknown (had no speed meter cable when i got it with 41,000) and the other has done 83,000 kilometers. In my soi is one that has 120k+ kilometers on it, first engine obviously.

Oh yeah, you an get RXZ's in decent condition for 5,000+ Baht, or run-down ones for 2,000. Every "Somchai" shop can work on those old buggers, regular service and spares are dirt cheap.

Best regards.....

Thanh