Anyone Use 2mb For 590b Internet From Maxnet

steveb

I'm using it...pretty good speed during the day up till about 4-5pm when it does slow down a lot but stilll usable

also has been very stable, not one droped line for 3 months :o

I would say try it and see first then upgrade to the more expensive package if you feel the need.

• 1 month later...

Have the 2MB Maxnet Indy in Pattaya. Maxnet is great. Had TOT before - an endless nightmare in respect of speed. Even the TOT telephone had mostly problems - simply not available for hours, days... With TT&T never any problems.

Fine for average use, as a point of interest I maintain an average down speed of 200 k/s for torrents when I'm active. Wise to use Open DNS as their servers are either over loaded or too busy restricting access to give a response.

I am using Maxnet 2mbs but premier package with 1mbs upload in Song, Phrae, and no problems. I use it for international skype with video conference, for you tube videos etc. download programs mostly between 120 -180 Kbs.

only during morning hours the speed falls sometimes to between 8--120 Kps.

TT&T adviced the premier package for international as the standard package is intended for thai usage and gives/ have given problems for international communications.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone using Maxnet in Chiang Mai? I am thinking about dropping True (256k for 590b) to get 3mb for 590b from Maxnet. Is it reliable and consistant enough speed-wise? Its a bit of a drag because I will first have to pay to have a phone line put in, then toss my 1 month old cable wireless router and get an ADSL one. I am hoping True will offer me something better but it isn't looking likely.