Chinese Language Classes In Chiang Mai?

bucklt

Both YMCA and CMU run such classes.........but only for Thai speakers.

I don't want private one-to-one lessons.

So: is there anywhere in CM where I can attend a class for native English speakers?

Thanks in anticipation,

bucklt :o

So: is there anywhere in CM where I can attend a class for native English speakers?

Thanks in anticipation,

I went to Chinese Classes at Ma-ed (Huay Kaew Road). Classes not exactly for Native English speakers, but lot of teachers are from China. My teacher (intermediate class) spoke English better than Thai. Might be worthwhile giving them a call. http://www.ma-ed.com/_eng/branch_8.php

Thanks in anticipation,

I went to Chinese Classes at Ma-ed (Huay Kaew Road). Classes not exactly for Native English speakers, but lot of teachers are from China. My teacher (intermediate class) spoke English better than Thai. Might be worthwhile giving them a call. http://www.ma-ed.com/_eng/branch_8.php

Many thanks for that link.

Would much prefer to attend lessons where 2 languages are spoken i.e English and Chinese, rather than one where 3 are spoken. However, if nothing better turns up in the next week or so, will pay them a visit. Thanks again.

Bucklt :D

Ma Ed is the only place I know as well.

Thank you.

As I'm clearly limited for choice at the moment, will visit them tomorrow :o

Bucklt

By the way, the text book they use is Chinese- English (at least the one I was using).

Thank you.

Bucklt

By the way, the text book they use is Chinese- English (at least the one I was using).

Thanks again.

Spoke this morning to NIRAN (053 220 525) and he has indicated that if he can get 5 to 8 English speakers, he will run a beginner's course for them in either March or April. (30 hrs for 3600baht).

Anybody care to join me during these beginner's classes?... just give your name to him, and hopefully we can all meet in the very near future.

Would definitely like to be counted as interested. Though the one caveat would be that I'd be looking for classes outside of business hours (work normal shifts). Will give a ring (or stop by the office) later on this week

Cheers...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks in anticipation,

i have chinese friend who can speak perfect english. she study in payap unversity CM. she used to provide free private one-to-one lessons to my burmese friend. you can contact her if you like,may be she can help you. her # 0835803721.

Thank you.

Bucklt

Thanks again.

Spoke this morning to NIRAN (053 220 525) and he has indicated that if he can get 5 to 8 English speakers, he will run a beginner's course for them in either March or April. (30 hrs for 3600baht).

Anybody care to join me during these beginner's classes?... just give your name to him, and hopefully we can all meet in the very near future.

I am interested. though, my schedule must be planned carefully and most of the itinerary has been created until January 2010 already. but 30 hours could be done within 2 weeks, me thinks. if something is emerging, let me know. but send me a PM then, not just post it here, thanks.

about March/April: will be out of the country after 26th of March, heading to - you knew it - China. back after Songkhran.

sorry for being late, bu I discovered this topic just today.....

Edited by siam2007