Fa Cup Coverage Latest

bangkok blue

From the Nation Article:

"I don't think we could watch the fifth round matches, scheduled for February 14 and 15, as there are no games involving big teams. However, it is likely that we will cover the event from the next round where there will be some intriguing matchups," said Nattawut.

F***ing typical. The 'magic' of the cup is the fact that smaller teams get to play the 'big' boys and (often) win!. So now even if Forest beat Derby I would not get to see Forest in the next round as its not a 'big game'. I suppose it has to be another game showing Man U and Liverpool to be worthy of viewing.

Hey, I would even enjoy watching Derby take on Man U in the next round, thats how sad I am. :o

Come on U reds, I will just have to watch the live scores on the internet tonight!

ESPN should step into the picture and buy the rights for Thailand. They had them for a long time so why not now? Then True wouldn't have to pay a thing as they already broadcast ESPN and Star Sports. It's a win-win situation.

Seems no chance we will get to see the Everton vs. Liverpool game on the TV.

However does anyone know a web site not involving any download to either view the match tonight live or some link to listen to the game live with radio type commentary?

Thanks!

However does anyone know a web site not involving any download to either view the match tonight live or some link to listen to the game live with radio type commentary?

Thanks!

ATDHE.Net have it advertised normally a good link.

Up the Clarets, burnley smash yet another premiership side in the cup (well OK this time a different cup)

Burnley Supporters Club lives on! (Thai Branch)

No TV though and the BBC radio 5 said it was presenting the Arsenal v Cardiff game.... what game?

:o

Thanks!

can you not download and install tvuplayer? it's only a small download and is usually really good quality streaming.

For those who managed to get coverage of the Everton Liverpool game should thanks their lucky stars they weren't watching it in England.

TV cuts to advert as Everton score winner in cup tie two minutes before end

ITV sparked anger last night after it missed the vital goal in an FA Cup tie due to an advert break just two minutes from the end of extra time.

The channel broke away from the Everton v Liverpool fourth round replay to show a series of short adverts, just as Everton teenager Dan Gosling struck a dramatic winner to settle the tie. There was speculation a scheduled advert break had been shown by mistake as the match continued past 10pm, when the ITV News was supposed to have been transmitted. Fans bombarded internet message boards, furious that after 118 minutes of goalless action the only goal was missed.

Full story : HERE

Some potentially good news.

GTV, the African company which had the rights to FA Cup, EPL, and England Internationals ceased operations last week.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/low/football/africa/7869734.stm

http://www.sportbusiness.com/news/162932/g...-home-in-africa

The company that owns SuperSport acquired the EPL rights on Tuesday.

No word yet on the FA Cup, but I'm certain the FA will want to have African coverage ASAP.

Here's hoping SuperSport picks up the contract.

At least all the bars who have an African satellite would be able to show the matches.

Some potentially good news.

GTV, the African company which had the rights to FA Cup, EPL, and England Internationals ceased operations last week.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/low/football/africa/7869734.stm

http://www.sportbusiness.com/news/162932/g...-home-in-africa

The company that owns SuperSport acquired the EPL rights on Tuesday.

No word yet on the FA Cup, but I'm certain the FA will want to have African coverage ASAP.

Here's hoping SuperSport picks up the contract.

At least all the bars who have an African satellite would be able to show the matches.

That's good news. In Saudi we have SuperSports. Upto now ShowSports (Dubai based) cover the majority of the EPL but no one has covered the FA Cup. So that should be good. I don't know why i'm bothered though, we're not even in it anymore :o

News from Stuart Turner at the FA. Not the best...

First email today.

Morning XXXX

We’re still to conclude a deal but we are edging closer with a mix of pay and terrestrial.

However, what I’ve arranged for you guys this weekend is some live streaming into the territory. I will send you the URL later but it will be high quality and will feature the following games (kick-off times in GMT I’m afraid)

Saturday, 14 February 2009

Swansea v Fulham, R5, 12:45

Blackburn v Coventry, R5, 15:00

Sheff Utd v Hull, R5, 15:00

West Ham v Middlesbrough, R5, 15:00

Watford v Chelsea, R5, 17:30

Sunday, 15 February 2009

Everton v Aston Villa, R5, 14:30

Derby v Man Utd, R5, 16:30

Monday, 16 February 2009

Arsenal v Cardiff, R4R, 19:45 (please note this is a REPLAY from Rnd 4)

I know this is less than ideal but I wanted to get you something in the absence of a TV settlement.

Best wishes

Second email today.

The streaming URL has been created:

http://www.omnisport.tv/page/FACupThailand/0,,12637,00.html

There is a test video (spurs v Watford) and once we have configured the streams the links will be added to the pages. Again apologies that this is not ideal but it’s the only way I could get official content out to you guys this weekend.

Best wishes

Stuart

From the Nation Article:

"I don't think we could watch the fifth round matches, scheduled for February 14 and 15, as there are no games involving big teams. However, it is likely that we will cover the event from the next round where there will be some intriguing matchups," said Nattawut.

F***ing typical. The 'magic' of the cup is the fact that smaller teams get to play the 'big' boys and (often) win!. So now even if Forest beat Derby I would not get to see Forest in the next round as its not a 'big game'. I suppose it has to be another game showing Man U and Liverpool to be worthy of viewing.

Hey, I would even enjoy watching Derby take on Man U in the next round, thats how sad I am. :o

Come on U reds, I will just have to watch the live scores on the internet tonight!

Emergency helpline for Forest fans, 2-0 2-1 2-2 2-3, ask for Kris! beating united could not top that

Edited by NALAK

• 2 weeks later...

with fees like these, its no wonder...

TELEVISION FEES (each club) Live Broadcast Live Replay Highlights

First Round Proper £75,000 £37,500 £7,500

Second Rounds Proper £80,000 £40,000 £7,500

Third Round Proper £160,000 £80,000 £7,500

Fourth Round Proper £160,000 £80,000 £7,500

Fifth Round Proper £275,000 £137,500 £7,500

Sixth Round Proper £275,000 £137,500 £7,500

Seems no news means no FA Cup live on the telly or via the net Omnisport(?) this weekend 7th and 8th March.

I know this has been asked before but can anyone repeat any link to getting the FA cup games live via the internet.

Many thanks in advance.