Where's Your Fav Bar/club/happy Hour Joint In Bangkok?

Linnehan

Hi everyone. i'm new in town.

Just wondering where's your favourite place in Bangkok.

-your favourite friendly bar for a nice, ice-cold happy hour beer after work.

-your favourite clubbing joint to see some action on friday nights.

-your favourite chill-out place with a nice band.

none of the touristy patpong kinda joints pls :o

none of the touristy patpong kinda joints pls :o

Beer garden, sukhumvit soi 7, no bar fines, big screens to watch the football, good food and lovely ladies.

none of the touristy patpong kinda joints pls :D

- Robin Hood opposite emporium or Penalty Spot between Sukh Soi 27 and 29. The Office in Soi 33. Actually any of the bars in Sukh do quite well.

- Dunno, too old i guess :o

- Saxophone in Victory Monument

• 1 month later...

Beer garden, sukhumvit soi 7, no bar fines, big screens to watch the football, good food and lovely ladies.

I'm not a fan of Beer garden on Soi 7. However, they also have another beer garden on soi 19 which is great. It's a 5 minute walk down on the left hand side. Just past Honey Hotel. Cheap, VERY cold beer, good food, also very reasonably priced. The place is clean and well run. Always busy in the evenings.

AND no dopey bar girls!! :o

Montien Beer Garden, just before you walk into the Montien Hotel, it is a little touristy and near Patpong, but that's what makes it such a great place.

Usually quite busy, but not a hostess bar and certainly no hassle, you can just sit back, chill out and have a quiet chuckle at some of the sights wandering in and out of the PP 1 & 2, sometimes it is like watching lambs to the slaughter :o I have spent many an hour just watching the vagaries of individuals and their antics.

And if you don't like it you are 5 minutes walk away from the happy hours of Molly's and O'Reillys.

Good Luck

Moss

- Saxophone in Victory Monument

The last time I was in Saxophone it was unbearably smokey, has it cleaned up since the smoking ban?

Was in Brown Sugar on Friday night and had a very enjoyable time. Place was busy and music was very good.

For those that don't know; get out of the sky train station at Ratchadamri on the left hand side and walk down towards Silom and take the first on the left. There are a few bars immidiately around the corner, most for the younger crowd but a bit further on is Brown Sugar.

Well worth a visit.

The Office then Mojo's, have a great band on the Friday and Sat night, the girl has a great voice. Not to mention the Coyote Dancers. Expect to pay about 150bht for drinks though.

The Absolute Bar (now called something else I think) on Soi 7/1 seems to always be pumping..

read my post here

there are of course heaps and heaps more......

dont know any in rattanathibet area, but perhas Ratchada might be an option for you?

RCA as someone mentioned - a very very young crowd

if you want eye candy, try Koi at Sukhmuvit 20

Jools Bar -

I used to agree until i got "Big-Glassed" with G&T! Try necking that after 12 plus beers and a Toad in the Hole dinner! My ex never forgave me! I suppose thats why she is my ex!!!! :o

Now it has to be Penalty Spot Suk 29. Great for Sports, great Happy hour deal, pretty serving girls who you can have a laugh with. No hassle. Down side, everyother week a dodgy indian singer who holds an electric guitar without ever playing it! Ruins your favourite songs!

Edited by SgtAngel

Jools Bar -

I used to agree until i got "Big-Glassed" with G&T! Try necking that after 12 plus beers and a Toad in the Hole dinner! My ex never forgave me! I suppose thats why she is my ex!!!! :o

Now it has to be Penalty Spot Suk 29. Great for Sports, great Happy hour deal, pretty serving girls who you can have a laugh with. No hassle. Down side, everyother week a dodgy indian singer who holds an electric guitar without ever playing it! Ruins your favourite songs!

No offense to our fair Indian TV members, but what the hel_l is the management thinking employing such a guy. We go to sports bars to 1) drink 2) watch sports 3) eat and 4) not to be entertained by live karaoke singers and a bloke at that.

It's not rocket science - why do they insist on f_king it up.